Europe Biostimulants Market, By Active Ingredients (Acid Based, Extract Based, Protein Hydrolysates, Microbial Amendments, Chitin, Chitosan, B-Vitamins, and Others), Crop Type (Fruits & Vegetables, Cereals & Grains, Oilseeds & Pulses, Turf & Ornamentals, and Other Crops), Application Method (Foliar Treatment, Soil Treatment, and Seed Treatment), Form (Liquid, Dry), End User (Farmers, Related Industries and Research Institutes), Origin (Natural Biostimulants, Synthetic Biostimulants), Distribution Channel (Direct and Indirect), Country (Spain, Italy, U.K., France, Germany, Netherlands, Switzerland, Russia, Belgium, Turkey and Rest of Europe) Market Trends and Forecast to 2029
Market Analysis and Insights: Europe Biostimulants Market
Europe biostimulants market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2022 to 2029. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing at a CAGR of 12.5% in the forecast period of 2022 to 2029 and is expected to reach USD 3,501.18 million by 2029. Increasing need for sustainable agriculture, an upsurge in demand for seaweeds as raw material, and high agricultural production worldwide may propel the market's demand.
Biostimulants are developed to help the farmers to meet increased agricultural demand on a sustainable basis. Biostimulants boost crop yield and its value, positively affecting farm productivity. Agricultural biostimulant is comprised of multiple amalgamations of chemicals, substances, and micro-organisms that are added to the plants or soils to boost crop vigor, production, sensitivity to abiotic pressure, and quality.
The increasing need for sustainable agriculture and high agricultural activities worldwide are expected to drive the Europe biostimulants market in the forecast period of 2022 to 2029. However, quality issues in manufacturing biostimulants may hamper the market's demand. Furthermore, rising awareness about biostimulants is expected to act as an opportunity for the market, whereas high demand for substitute products may challenge the market.
This Europe biostimulant market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, the impact of domestic and localized market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario, contact us for an Analyst Brief; our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Europe Biostimulants Market Scope and Market Size
Europe biostimulants market is categorized into seven notable segments based on active ingredients, crop type, application method, form, origin, end user, and distribution channel. The growth among segments helps you analyze niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of active ingredients, the Europe biostimulants market is segmented into acid based, extract based, microbial amendments, protein hydrolysates, B-vitamins, chitin, chitosan, and others. In 2022, the acid based segment is expected to dominate the market as it has important components such as humic acid, fulvic acid, and it increases productivity and growth of the plant, enhances the fertility of the soil, and has less harmful effects on the ecosystem
- On the basis of crop type, the Europe biostimulants market is segmented into fruits & vegetables, cereals & grains, turf & ornamentals, oilseeds & pulses, and other crops. In 2022, the fruits & vegetable segment is expected to dominate the market as the farmers produce more fruits and vegetables to fulfill consumers' growing demand.
- On the basis of application method, the Europe biostimulants market is segmented into foliar treatment, soil treatment, and seed treatment. In 2022, the foliar treatment segment is expected to dominate the market is a highly preferred application by farmers as it shows more effect on the plant.
- On the basis of form, the Europe biostimulants market is segmented into liquid and dry. In 2022, the liquid segment is expected to dominate the market as the leaves and soil easily absorb it to provide a good root system, better stems, and foliar development to make the crop more capable of abiotic stress.
- On the basis of end-user, the Europe biostimulants market is segmented into farmers, related industries, and research institutes. In 2022, the farmers segment is expected to dominate the market as it is highly used in the farm by farmers to increase yield and growth of the crops for fulfilling the growing demand for food in the market.
- On the basis of origin, the Europe biostimulants market is segmented into natural biostimulants and synthetic biostimulants. In 2022, the natural biostimulants segment is expected to dominate the market as it comprises natural sources such as seaweed and plants, microbes, and other plant material.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the Europe biostimulants market is segmented into direct and indirect. In 2022, the direct distribution channel segment is dominating the market as large scale farming, as well as related industries, need a high amount of stimulating products for high productivity of agricultural products, so they directly contact with biostimulants manufacturing companies and hence it takes a higher share
Europe Biostimulants Market Country Level Analysis
The Europe biostimulants market is categorized into notable segments based on country, active ingredient, crop type, application method, form, origin, end user, and distribution channel.
The countries covered in the Europe biostimulants market report are Spain, Italy, the U.K., France, Germany, Netherlands, Switzerland, Russia, Belgium, Turkey, and the Rest of Europe.
Spain is expected to dominate the European market due to the positive outlook towards the agriculture sector on a domestic level, increasing the demand for biostimulants in the region. Italy is expected to dominate because of the advantages of biostimulant, which contains humic acid, fulvic acid, and advantages such as it increase plant productivity and growth. The U.K. is expected to dominate the European region as it enhances soil fertility and has less harmful effects on the ecosystem, which helps the market demand.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in market regulation that impact the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts, and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, the presence and availability of European brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, the impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Increasing need for sustainable agriculture
Sustainable agriculture is a current need for growing healthy food for people to protect the plant's health and preserve the livelihoods of local communities. It restores soil fertility and provides nourishment to them. Factors like climatic changes and growing population are creating stress on the agricultural sector to ensure that customers have sustainable food of good quality.
- In the upcoming years, agriculture may meet twin challenges such as feeding a growing European population and environmental impact. In order to reduce such challenges, new farming practices are introduced to overcome this. Biostimulant is being introduced as a promising and innovative method in the market that helps farmers sustainably produce more food.
To overcome such challenges, one of the most promising and innovative technologies that have been introduced in the market is a biostimulant that helps the farmers to produce more food sustainably. It includes using components such as natural substances or micro-organisms and shows the same effect as fertilizer and pesticide. It does not cause harm to nature and can promote plant growth and yield high-quality crops.
- In Europe, European Index for Sustainable Productive Agriculture (INSPIA) has explained sustainable and productive agriculture among farmers by implementing Best Management Practices (BMPs). The demonstration for sustainable agriculture is handled by European Conservation Agriculture Federation (ECAF) with support from the Spanish Association for Conservation Agriculture, European Crop Protection Association (ECPA), and French Association for Conservation Agriculture.
Hence, biostimulant is required for sustainable agriculture as it offers various benefits in terms of high crop productivity and maintenance of soil fertility. It even increases tolerance and recovers plants from abiotic stress when crops undergo uncertain climatic changes such as extreme temperature, irregular rainfall, and other stressful conditions. Biostimulant too prevents nutrients and minerals from leaching and translocation to other ecosystems. It boosts crop growth and productivity and allows crops to absorb nutrients and water.
Competitive Landscape and Europe Biostimulants Market Share Analysis
The Europe biostimulants market competitive landscape provides details by the competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, Europe presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, clinical trials pipelines, brand analysis, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company's focus related to the Europe biostimulants market.
Some of the major companies covered in the Europe biostimulants market are Valagro SpA, Biolchim SPA, Isagro, Italpollina S.p.A., ADAMA Ltd., KOPPERT BIOLOGICAL SYSTEMS, Haifa Group, Novozymes, ACADIAN SEAPLANTS LIMITED, ATLÁNTICA AGRICOLA, Trade Corporation International, MICROMIX, Syngenta, Bayer AG, UPL, Eastman Chemical Company, OMEX, LALLEMAND Inc., Agrinos, Brandt Consolidated, Inc., FMC Corporation, and others.
- In April 2019, Italpollina S.p.A has acquired Horticultural Alliance Inc., a Florida-based company that provides plant health and maintenance solutions such as mycorrhizal inoculants, biostimulants beneficial bacteria, and water management gels. Italpollina already operates in more than 80 countries worldwide, and with this acquisition, it has achieved the goal of establishing operations in the U.S.