Europe Blood Culture Test Market By Product (Consumables, Instruments, Software and Services), By Technology (Culture-Based Technology, Molecular Technologies, Proteomics Technology), By Application (Bacteremia, Fungemia, Mycobacterial Detection), By End User (Hospital Laboratories, Reference Laboratories, Academic Research Laboratories, Other Laboratories), Country (Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, Turkey, Belgium, Netherlands, Switzerland, Rest of Europe) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Europe Blood Culture Test Market
Europe blood culture test market is registering a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in the market can be attributed to increasing sepsis incidents and rising treatment costs.
Market Definition: Europe Blood Culture Test Market
Blood culture is a test to check for external objects, such as yeast, bacteria and other micro-organisms in your body may be an indication of a blood infection, or a disease recognized as bacteremia. A favorable blood culture implies your blood contains bacteria. This sort of infection includes the blood that circulates throughout your flesh. Bacteria that begin on your skin or in your urine, lungs, or gastrointestinal tract are prevalent causes of blood infection.
- Increasing sepsis incidents and rising treatment costs is leading to the development of the industry
- Growing geriatric demographic is fueling market growth
- Increased regulatory approvals and new product releases are increasing market growth
- Rising bloodstream infections are pushing market growth
- High cost of automatic tools is hindering the growth of the market
- The lack of qualified laboratory experts restricts the development of the market
- Strict regulatory framework is hampering the growth of the market
Segmentation: Europe Blood Culture Test Market
- Blood Culture Media
- Aerobic Blood Culture Media
- Pediatric Aerobic Blood Culture Media
- Anaerobic Blood Culture Media
- Mycobacterial Blood Culture Media
- Fungi/Yeast Blood Culture Media
- Assay Kits & Reagents
- Blood Culture Accessories
- Blood Culture Media
- Automated Blood Culture Systems
- Supporting Laboratory Equipment
- Colony Counters
- Gram Stainers
- Software and Services
- Culture-Based Technology
- Molecular Technologies
- PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction)
- PNA-FiSH (Peptide Nucleic Acid – Fluroscent in Situ Hybridization)
- Proteomics Technology
- Mycobacterial Detection
By End User
- Hospital Laboratories
- Reference Laboratories
- Academic Research Laboratories
- Other Laboratories
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
Key Developments in the Market:
- In September 2016, Great Basin Scientific, Inc., a molecular diagnostic company, announced the U.S. and European commercial launch of its Staph ID / R Blood Culture System, the company's first multiplex system. The automated sample-to-result panel allows hospitals and laboratories to identify MRSA and other Staphylococcus-based blood stream infections, which allow for accurate, fast, and cost-effective diagnosis and treatments of patients within approximately two hours. In the table, a significant marker for drug resistance to methicilline and other beta-lactams is identified.
- In April 2016, Curetis N.V., which is the maker of next-level molecular diagnostic tools, confirmed the major commercial launch of its latest Unyvero BCU Blood Culture System Cartridge during ECCMID. The release is accompanied by excellent preliminary results from an internal, prospective and multicenter evaluation evaluating the quality of the BCU Application Cartridge alongside the performance of traditional microbiology work-ups with positive blood cultures in three European hospitals.
Europe blood culture test market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of epigenetics diagnostic market for Europe.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major market competitors currently working in the Europe Blood Culture Test Market are bioMérieux SA, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., BD, Akonni Biosystems, Inc., FASTinov, CorisBioconcept SPRL, Q-linea., DNA Electronics, T2 Biosystems, Inc., Aptum Biologics Ltd, Biomatrica, Bio SB, Estigen, Devyser., Leica Biosystems Nussloch GmbH, Mikroscan Technologies, Inc., CytoTest Inc., BioFire Diagnostics, ZeptoMetrix Corporation, ZenTech S.A. among others.
Research Methodology: Europe Blood Culture Test Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of Europe Blood Culture Test Market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)