Europe E-Bike Market, By Battery Type (Lithium-Ion, Lithium-Ion Polymer, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lead Acid, Sealed Lead Acid and Others), Hub Motor Location (Mid Drive Hub Motor, Rear Hub Motor and Front Hub Motor), Mode (Pedal Assist and Throttle), Battery Power (Under 750 W and Over 750 W), Class (Class I (Pedal Assist/Pedelec), Class II (Throttle) and Class III (Speed Pedelec)), Usage (City/Urban, Cruise, Mountain/Trekking Bikes, Racing, Cargo and Others), Country (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Russia, Turkey, Belgium, Netherlands, Switzerland and Rest of Europe) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2027
E-Bike market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 9.3% in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027 and is expected to reach USD 5,785.54 million by 2027.
Rise in cycling tourism in the region is a driving factor for the market growth. Growing environmental pollution and harmful emissions from vehicles is generating a need for alternative e mobility solutions which do not cause any pollution. Thus, introduction of e-bikes have enabled commuters to opt for eco-friendly yet affordable mobility solution which is resulting in growth for e-bike market.
E-bikes are similar to the conventional bicycles but integrated with an addition of motor which is powered by the battery system. The motor assist the bike with extra power while pedaling saving the energy of the cyclist and enabling to travel for longer distance, rough terrains and elevated mountains. The type of e-bikes is generally categorized on the method which used to provide extra power to the cyclist.
E-bikes are equipped with motor which assist the pedals by providing extra torque to the pedals easing up the efforts put in by the cyclist, these types of e-bikes are known as pedalec or pedal assist e-bikes. The other type of e-bikes gets the extra power from the throttle present at the handle bar which is similar to that of scooter or motorcycle. The government of various countries has imposed laws in the limitations for the maximum speed of the e-bikes and for high speed e-bikes, the cyclist would require a driving license and is even treated similar to motorcycles.
This E-bike market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Europe E-bike Market Scope and Market Size
Europe e-bike market is segmented on the basis of battery type, hub motor location, mode, battery power, class and usage. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of battery type, the Europe e-bike market is segmented into lithium-ion, lithium-ion polymer, nickel metal hydride, lead acid, sealed lead acid and others. Battery type segment is dominated by lithium lithium-ion considering its low maintenance and longer life; however, lithium lithium-ion polymer battery is growing at higher rate since it is an advanced version of lithium lithium-ion batteries with better durability.
- On the basis of hub motor location, the Europe e-bike market is segmented into mid drive hub motor, rear hub motor and front hub motor. Mid drive hub motor dominates hub motor location segment due to its maximum suitability design for pedelec e-bike and pedal assisted e-bikes which are majorly purchased worldwide.
- On the basis of mode, the Europe e-bike market is segmented into pedal assist and throttle. Pedal assist holds largest market share in mode segment is are majorly used by consumers as it gives features of cycling as well electric assistance for farther cruise.
- On the basis of battery power, the Europe e-bike market is segmented into under 750 W and over 750 W. Under 750 W battery power dominates battery power segment and is expected to grow at higher rate as under 750 W batteries are better suited for e-bike manufacturing and give sufficient energy.
- On the basis of class, the Europe e-bike market is segmented into class I (pedal assist/pedelec), class II (throttle) and class III (speed pedelec). Class I (pedal assist/pedelec) segment dominates the class segment collaterally with pedal assist mode, given these type of e e-bikes are widely favored by health conscious people over full throttle e-bikes.
- On the basis of usage, the Europe e-bike market is segmented into city/urban, cruise, mountain/trekking bikes, racing, cargo and others. Most of the commuters use e-bikes for shorter distances such as in urban areas for office or workplace commutation which results in city/urban registers highest growth in the segment.
E-Bike Market Country Level Analysis
E-bike market is analysed and market size information is provided by country, battery type, hub motor location, mode, battery power, class and usage.
The countries covered in E-bike market report are Germany, France, U.K., Switzerland, Italy, Russia, Spain, Netherlands, Belgium, Turkey and rest of Europe.
Germany dominates the E-bike market as it is largest manufacturer and exporter of the e-bikes. Germany is leading the growth of the Europe market due high production of e-mobility solutions in the country with presence of large companies; Germany is followed by France and U.K. respectively due to high sales of e-bikes.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Rising Demand of E-Bike
E-bike market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in industry with sales, components sales, impact of technological development in e-bike and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the e-bike market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2018.
Competitive Landscape and E-Bike Market Share Analysis
E-bike market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, global presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to Europe e-bike market.
The major players covered in the report Accell Group, Derby Cycle, JIANGSU XINRI E-VEHICLE CO.,LTD., Karbon Kinetics Ltd, ITALJET SPA, A2B, Riese & Müller GmbH, M1-Sporttechnik, F.I.V. E. Bianchi S.p.A., Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A., WUXI YADEA EXPORT-IMPORT CO.,LTD., Giant Bicycles, Trek Bicycle Corporation, myStromer AG and Specialized Bicycle Components, Inc., among others. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product developments are also initiated by the companies worldwide which are also accelerating the growth of E-bike market.
- In July 2018, Accell Group acquired Velosophy. Velosophy is Dutch company focusing on e-cargo bike solutions. This acquisition allowed Accell group to increase production of cargo bikes. The acquisition increased the product portfolio and customer base of the company.
Partnership, joint ventures and other strategies enhances the company market share with increased coverage and presence. It also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for E-bike through expanded range of size.
Customization Available: Europe E-Bike Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.