Europe E-Commerce Logistics Market, By Service Type (Transportation, Warehousing, Others), Product (Baby Products, Personal Care Products, Books, Home Furnishing Products, Apparel Products, Electronics Products, Automotive Products, Others), Operational Area (International, Domestic), End User (B2B, B2C), Country (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain and Rest of Europe) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2027
E-commerce logistics market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 13.7% in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027 and is expected to reach USD 138,085.12 million by 2027. The growing scenario of digitalization in e-commerce logistics with advanced technological innovation in the field of supply chain management is the major driver which propelled the demand of the market in the forecast period.
The role of third party logistics also termed as 3PL in providing logistic services to the customers from suppliers and enhancing the relationship between supplier & customer is also driving the growth of the market. However, regulatory issues and rules imposed by the European Union can prove to be a restraint for the market growth in the forecast period.
E-commerce logistics market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
E-commerce logistics market is segmented on the basis of service type, product, operational area and end user. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of service type the market has been segmented into transportation, warehousing and others. Transportation accounted for the largest market share in service type segment as most of the e- commerce companies avoid inventories of products and opt for seller to buyer logistics operations via transport mode.
- On the basis of product, the market is segmented into baby products, personal care products, books, home furnishing products, apparel products, electronics products, automotive products and others. Apparel products dominate the product segment as most of the purchases made on e-commerce retail sites are apparel products such as clothing and footwear. Also e-retailers offer wide range of variety which allows people to opt e-commerce for apparel products.
- On the basis of operational area, the market is segmented into international and domestic. Domestic holds largest market share in operational area segment as most of the products are smaller in e-commerce industry and are domestically available. Also, international e-commerce logistics cost is higher; hence domestic e-commerce logistics dominates the segment.
- On the basis of end user, the market is segmented into B2B and B2C. In 2020, B2C dominates the end user segment as most of the products purchased online are for personal use such as apparel products, personal care products, books, baby products and others. All these products falls in B2C categories this allows it to dominate the end user segment.
E-commerce logistics market is analysed and market size information is provided by service type, product, operational area and end user.
The U.K. is dominating Europe which is followed by Germany and France for e-commerce logistics market as several companies are promoting e-commerce logistics business. There is a growing chance of preferences among people in making the lifestyle better through e-commerce platform which is also driving the growth of this market. This includes cross border selling along with the growth in the e-commerce market. Also, the manufacturers in the e-commerce logistics market are offering wide range of products which allows the U.K. to dominate Europe e-commerce logistics market. Germany is growing at second place due to factors such as rising popularity of smartphones and tablets, more turnover from B2B e-commerce environment and emerging start-ups such as Zalando, Fab.com and Westwing Home & Living which is boosting the market.
France is ranking third largest e-commerce after the U.K. and Germany owing to factors such as internet penetration and share of internet users growing gradually in the region. The real estate market activity has been dynamic which is also boosting the market as per the requirement of XL warehouses which have grown in coordination with e-commerce.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Booming of E-commerce logistic across cross border region is boosting the demand of the market in the forecast period
E-commerce logistics market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in sales of e-commerce logistics due to changing lifestyle of the customers which prefer e-commerce platform for purchasing of goods and luxury items along with growth in digitalization is also propelling the e-commerce logistics market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2018.
Competitive Landscape and E-commerce logistics market Share Analysis
E-commerce logistics market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to e-commerce logistics market.
The major players covered in the report are FedEx, DHL International GmbH, Aramex, United Parcel Service of America, Inc., XPO Logistics, Inc, CEVA Logistics, SF Express, DPD, Agility, Clipper Logistics plc and among other domestic players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product launch and agreement are also initiated by the companies’ worldwide which are also accelerating the e-commerce logistics market.
- In September, DPD announced an acquisition over majority of stake in Lenton Group. The acquisition has helped the company in accelerating the development and growth of innovative e-commerce solutions across cross border solutions.
- In May 2016, FedEx acquired TNT Express N.V. which is going to drive the growth in European markets including pick up delivery and operation expanding its sales and back offices information.
Clinical study data sets, authorization, collaboration, joint ventures and other strategies by the market player is enhancing the company market in the e-commerce logistics market which also provides the benefits for organization to improve their offering for e-commerce logistics market.
Customization Available: Europe E-Commerce Logistics Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.