Europe Hearing Aids Market By Product (Hearing Aid Devices, Hearing Implants), Device type (Digital Hearing Aids, Analog Hearing Aids), Type of Hearing Loss (Sensorineural Hearing Loss, Conductive Hearing Loss), Patient Type (Adults, Pediatrics), Distribution Channel (Large Retail Chains, Manufacturer Owned Retail Chains, Public, Others), Country (Germany, France, U.K, Italy, Spain, Netherlands, Switzerland, Russia, Belgium, Turkey, Rest of Europe) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
The rising hearing disabilities among adults and pediatrics are one of the leading concerns in the healthcare industry. Thus, the need for developed hearing aid devices are increasing as many remains untreated, mainly among infants, which would further lead to psychological disabilities and speaking impairment among them. Moreover, the technological advancements related to the products which combine hearing aid technology and cochlear implants for overcoming the high frequency hearing loss is creating various opportunities for the market players in the hearing aid industry.
Hearing technology today is offering various hearing aids with developed functionality and features. Reduction of the wind noise is a major feature provided in the hearing aid devices by manufacturers. The companies are also launching several hearing aids with advanced software for helping the user program as per their need. The hearing aids are referred to as sound amplifying devices that help in treating the hearing impairment & the hearing aid market is also anticipated to grow steadily with the rising prevalence of hearing-loss and growing demand for technologically developed products.
Earlier the analog devices were used widely. But this technology stayed the same till the 1980s, as later the digital hearing aid model was introduced in 1996. The digital aids are more convenient as compared to analog devices, so now the demand for digital aid devices are more as compared to analog devices.
Europe hearing aids market is projected to register a healthy CAGR in the forecast period 2019 to 2026.
Segmentation: Europe Hearing Aids Market
Europe hearing aids market is categorized into five segments which are product, device type, type of hearing loss, patient type and distribution channel.
- On the basis of product, the market is segmented into hearing aid devices and hearing implants.
- In February 2018, In February, SONOVA and the brands of the company together Phonak and Advanced Bionics announced the introduction of new MultiBeam Technology a microphone technology used in the hearing aid and provides the better hearing capability in the noise and provides better speech recognization.
- On the basis of device type, the market is segmented into digital hearing aids and analog hearing aids.
- In August 2018, William Demant Holding A/S and Koninklijke Philips N.V. (Netherlands) entered into a partnership in hearing healthcare. This strategy would help the company to expand their company and enhance the customer base.
- On the basis of type of hearing loss, the market is segmented into sensorineural hearing loss and conductive hearing loss.
- On the basis of patient type, the market is segmented into adults and pediatrics.
- In January 2019, GN STORE NORD A S (Denmark), announced the launch of hearing solution which can adapt the hearing aid users and their preferences in any sound environment. GN’s artificial intelligence (AI) solution provides virtual assistance. The launch of the solution assures the safety and helps customers to meet their challenges and need.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the market is segmented into large retail chains, manufacturer owned retail chains, public and others.
- In January 2019, Starkey Hearing Technologies unveiled three new revolutionary advancements within the Livio AI technology such as Fall Detection & Alerts, Thrive Virtual Assistant and Heart Rate Measurement. This strategy helped in the expansion of product portfolio and in the product development of the company.
Competitive Analysis: Europe Hearing Aids Market
Some of the major players operating in this market are WIDEX A/S, GN Store Nord A/S, Sonova, Sivantos Pte. Ltd, Microson, Horentek, RION CO. Ltd, William Demant Holding A/S, Amplifon, Starkey, MED-EL Medical Electronics, Cochlear Ltd., SeboTek Hearing Systems, LLC., Audina Hearing Instruments, Inc., Arphi Electronics Private Limited, Zounds Hearing and others.
- In June 2018, Cochlear Limited announced the launch of nucleus smart app for android smartphone users in order to provide greater connectivity to the people along with a nucleus 7 sound processor. This strategy would help in the product development and would also help in increasing the customer base.
Research Methodology: Europe Hearing Aids Market
Key Opinion Leaders (KOL’s): Manufacturer, Healthcare Professionals, Doctors, Nurses, Medical practitioners. Industry Participants: CEO’s, V.P.’s, Marketing/Product Managers, Market Intelligence Managers and, National Sales Managers.