Europe Lentiviral Vector Market, By Component (Lentiviral promoter, Lentiviral fusion tags, Lentivirus packaging systems and Other), Type (Product and Services), Generation (4th-generation, 3rd-generation, 2nd-generation and 1st-generation), Workflow (Upstream Processing And Downstream Processing), Delivery Method (In Vivo and Ex Vivo), Disease Indication (Cancer, Genetic Disorders, Infectious Diseases, Veterinary Disease And Other), Application (Gene Therapy And Vaccinology), End User (Biotechnology Companies, Pharmaceutical Companies, Contract Research Organizations, Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization (CDMO) and Academic/Research Institutes), Country (Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Netherlands, Switzerland, Russia, Turkey, Rest Of Europe) Industry Trends and Forecast To 2028
Market Analysis and Insights: Europe Lentiviral Vector Market
Europe lentiviral vector market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 16.9% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 and is expected to reach USD 322.41 million by 2028. Molecular biologists frequently use viral vectors to deliver genetic material into cells. This procedure can be carried out in vivo (inside a living organism) or in cell culture (in vitro). Viruses have developed specialized molecular mechanisms to transport their genomes efficiently inside the cells they infect. Growing demand for lentiviral vector and rise in infectious disease; are the major drivers which propelled the demand of the market in the forecast period.
Lentiviral vectors (LV) are efficient vehicles for gene transfer in mammalian cells due to their capacity to stably express a gene of interest in non-dividing and dividing cells. Lentiviruses are human and animal pathogens that are known to have long incubation periods and persistent infection. The time between the initial infection and the appearance of the first symptoms can reach several months or years. Molecular biologists frequently use viral vectors to deliver genetic material into cells. The procedure can be carried out in vivo (inside a living organism) or in cell culture (in vitro). Viruses have developed specialized molecular mechanisms to transport their genomes efficiently inside the cells they infect. Transduction is the delivery of genes or other genetic material by a vector and infected cells are referred to as transduced. Lentivirus vectors are also used in gene therapy and vaccine development, in addition to molecular biology research. Various products and services are obtainable by the key market players for the production of lentiviral vector.
Growing geriatric population and demand for vaccine developments during this Covid-19 emergence effectively help the growth of the lentiviral vector market. However, the lack of scalability and limitations of downstream purification of lentiviral vectors may hamper the future growth of a lentiviral vector market. The strategic initiatives by major market players and rise in funding for genomics act as opportunity for the growth of Europe lentiviral vector market. The stringent regulatory policies and side effects associated with lentiviral vector products act as challenge for future market growth.
The Europe lentiviral vector market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localized market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an analyst brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Europe Lentiviral Vector Market Scope and Market Size
Europe lentiviral vector market is segmented into eight notable segments on the basis of the component, type, generation, workflow, delivery method, disease indication, application and end user. The growth among segments helps you analyze niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of component, the Europe lentiviral vector market is segmented into lentiviral promoter, lentiviral fusion tags, and lentivirus packaging systems and other. In 2021, lentivirus packaging system segment is expected to dominate the lentiviral vector market due to rising technological advancements.
- On the basis of type, the Europe lentiviral vector market is segmented into product and services. In 2021, product segment is expected to dominate the lentiviral vector market due to rising investments for gene therapy by European government.
- On the basis of generation, the Europe lentiviral vector market is segmented into 4th-generation, 3rd-generation, 2nd-generation and 1st-generation. In 2021, 4th generation segment is expected to dominate the lentiviral vector market due to its reduced mutagenesis and associated side effects.
- On the basis of workflow, the Europe lentiviral vector market is segmented into upstream processing and downstream processing. In 2021, upstream processing segment is expected to dominate the lentiviral vector market due to rising research organizations and activities in gene therapy.
- On the basis of delivery method, the Europe lentiviral vector market is segmented into in vivo and ex vivo. In 2021, in vivo segment is expected to dominate the lentiviral vector market due to its accelerating research contributions and vaccine productions.
- On the basis of disease indication, the Europe lentiviral vector market is segmented into cancer, genetic disorders, infectious diseases, veterinary disease and other. In 2021, cancer segment is expected to dominate the lentiviral vector market owing to the rising incidence of cancer cases in various regions of Europe.
- On the basis of application, the Europe lentiviral vector market is segmented into gene therapy and vaccinology. In 2021, gene therapy segment is expected to dominate the lentiviral vector market due to broad range of its application and permanent cure provided for chronic diseases.
- On the basis of end user, the Europe lentiviral vector market is segmented into biotechnology companies, pharmaceutical companies, contract research organizations, contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) and academic/ research institutes. In 2021, academic/ research institutes segment is expected to dominate the lentiviral vector market due to increasing number of new research institutes launches for R & D applications.
Europe Lentiviral Vector Market Country Level Analysis
The Europe lentiviral vector market is analysed and market size information is provided by component, type, generation, workflow, delivery method, disease indication, application and end user.
The countries covered in the Europe lentiviral vector market report are the U.K, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Russia, Turkey, Netherlands, Switzerland and rest of Europe.
Germany is the fastest growing and hence, the dominating country in the Europe region due to rising pharmaceutical industries initiatives for the lentiviral vector.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of Europe brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Increasing Strategic Initiatives by Key Market Players for Lentiviral Vector Production is Creating New Opportunities in the Lentiviral Vector Market
Europe Lentiviral Vector market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in particular market. Additionally, it provides the detail information regarding the market players’ strategy and their geographical presence. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2019.
Competitive Landscape and Europe Lentiviral Vector Market Share Analysis
Europe lentiviral vector market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breath, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company’s focus related to lentiviral vector market.
The major companies which are dealing in the Europe lentiviral vector market are Applied Biological Materials Inc., Creative Biolabs, bluebird bio, Inc., System Biosciences, LLC, Cobra Biologics Limited, FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies (a subsidiary of FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation), Sirion-Biotech GmbH, Merck KGaA, FinVector Oy, Oxford Biomedica, OriGene Technologies, Inc., Sino Biological Inc., Batavia Biosciences B.V., Lonza, Takara Bio Inc., Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., and Cytiva (a subsidiary of Danaher) among others.
Many contract and agreement are also initiated by the companies’ worldwide which are also accelerating the lentiviral vector market.
- In September 2020, Waisman Biomanufacturing underwent strategic partnership with the California-based biotech company GigaGen in order to develop a new drug to treat and prevent COVID-19. This strategic partnership done by the company will increase the use of development and testing of new types of drugs by the Waisman Biomanufacturing leading to increased awareness of its services in the market.
- In April 2021, Oxford Biomedica signs a new three-year Development & Supply Agreement with Boehringer Ingelheim for the manufacture and supply of viral vectors. It is predicted that this agreement anticipated enhancing the sales growth of the company in the coming years.
Collaboration, product launch, business expansion, award and recognition, joint ventures and other strategies by the market player is enhancing the company footprints in the lentiviral vector market which also provides the benefit for organization’s profit growth.