Europe Medical Device Sterilization Market, By Product (Instruments, Reagents, and Services), By Technology (Thermal Sterilization, Ionizing Radiation Sterilization, Filtration Sterilization, and Gas and Chemical Sterilization), By End-User (Pharmaceutical Companies, Hospitals, Clinics, Laboratories, Academic, and Research Institutes, Medical Device Manufacturers and Others), By Distribution Channel (Direct Tenders, Retail Sales and Third-Party Distributor) By Country (Germany, Austria, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Russia, Sweden, Turkey, Belgium, Netherlands, Switzerland, and Rest of Europe) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2028.
The European medical device sterilization market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the European medical device sterilization market is growing with a CAGR of 8.1% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 and is expected to reach USD 2,161.10 million by 2028 from USD 1,166.73 million in 2020. The rising prevalence of chronic diseases and escalation in the number of surgeries are the major drivers which propelled the demand of the market in the forecast period.
Sterilization refers to the statistically complete destruction of all microorganisms, inclusive of the most resistant bacteria and spores.
Sterilization destroys all microorganisms on the surface of an article or in a fluid to stave off disease transmission related to the usage of an item. At the same time, the use of insufficiently sterilized critical items indicates a high risk of transmitting pathogens. This is likely due to the broad margin of safety associated with the sterilization processes used in healthcare facilities. The different type of sterilizers used widely in healthcare facilities includes steam sterilization, flash sterilization, low-temperature sterilization technologies, ethylene oxide "gas" sterilization, hydrogen peroxide gas plasma, peracetic acid sterilization.
The European medical device sterilization market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, the impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario, contact us for an Analyst Brief. Our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
The European medical device sterilization market is segmented on the basis of Product, technology, end-user and distribution channel. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of Product, the European medical device sterilization market is segmented into instruments, reagents, and services. In 2021, the instruments segment is expected to dominate the market due to technological advancement.
- On the basis of technology, the European medical device sterilization market is segmented into thermal sterilization, ionizing radiation sterilization, filtration sterilization, and gas & chemical sterilization. In 2021, the thermal sterilization segment is expected to dominate the market because of the increase in the incidence of chronic diseases.
- On the basis of end-users, the European medical device sterilization market is segmented into pharmaceutical companies, hospitals, clinics, laboratories, academic and research institutes, medical device manufacturers, and others. In 2021, the hospital's segment is expected to dominate the market due to the presence of a large number of players.
- On the basis of distribution channels, the European medical device sterilization market is segmented into direct tenders, retail sales, and third-party distributors. In 2021, the direct sales segment is expected to dominate the market because of the escalation in the number of surgeries in the healthcare sector.
Europe Medical Device Sterilization Market Country Level Analysis
The European medical device sterilization market is analysed, and market size information is provided by Product, Technology, end-user, and distribution channel.
The countries covered in the medical device sterilization market report are Germany, Austria, France, the U.K., Italy, Spain, Russia, Sweden, Turkey, Belgium, Netherlands, Switzerland, Estonia, and rest Of Europe.
Germany is dominating the European market of medical device sterilization owing to a large number of players in the market.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impact the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts, and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, the presence and availability of European brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, the impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Rising Healthcare Expenditure and High Prevalence of Hospital Acquired Infections (HAI's) in the Europe Medical Device Sterilization Market is Creating New Opportunities for Players in the Europe Medical Device Sterilization Market
The European medical device sterilization market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in a particular industry with the medical device sterilization market sales, impact of advancement in the Europe medical device sterilization market, and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the medical device sterilization market. The data is available for the historic period 2010 to 2019.
Competitive Landscape and Medical Device Sterilization Market Share Analysis
The European medical device sterilization market competitive landscape provides details by a competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width, and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company's focus related to the medical device sterilization market.
The major players covered in the report are Getinge AB, Cardinal Health, STERIS, 3M, Midmark Corporation, Merck KGaA, Dentsply Sirona, MATACHANA GROUP, W&H Dentalwerk Bürmoos GmbH, MELAG Medizintechnik GmbH & Co. KG, MMM Group, Sterigenics U.S., LLC, ASP, Tuttnauer, Steelco S.p.A., Belimed AG, Systec GmbH among others among other domestic and Europe players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product launches and agreements are also initiated by companies worldwide, which are also accelerating the medical device sterilization market.
- In January 2021, STERIS announced that it has completed the acquisition of Cantel Medical. Through this acquisition, STERIS complement and extend its product and service offerings, Europe's reach, and customers. This acquisition has increased the sales and demands of the Product and boosted the growth.
- In February 2021, 3M has launched the 3M Clean & Protect Certified Badge Program. It is a new comprehensive system for cleaning, monitoring, and protecting facilities. This strategy is anticipated to strengthen the company's footprints in the market and accelerate its growth trajectory, particularly in the long term.
Collaboration, joint ventures, and other strategies by the market player are enhancing the company market in the European medical device sterilization market, which also provides the benefit for the organiSation to improve their offering for the medical device sterilization market.
Customization Available: Europe Medical Device Sterilization Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market, and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.