Europe Medicinal Mushroom Market, By Type (Reishi, Cordyceps, Chaga, Hericium, and Auricularia), Product Type(Organic And Inorganic), Form (Powder, Tablet, Capsules, and Tinctures), Therapeutic Application (Cancer Treatment, Cardiovascular, Physical Performance, Antioxidant, Antiviral, Antimicrobial, Immunity, Gastrointestinal, Cholesterol, and Others), Country (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Austria, Russia, Turkey, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Rest Of Europe) Industry Trends and Forecast To 2028.
Market Analysis and Insights: Europe Medicinal Mushroom Market
Europe medicinal mushroom market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 5.00% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 and is expected to reach USD 42.59 million by 2028. Increasing demand for medicinal mushrooms and awareness regarding the health benefits is expected to drive Europe's medicinal mushroom market growth.
Medicinal mushrooms are microscopic fungi that can be used in the form of powder or extract to prevent or heal multiple diseases. They are enriched with essential amino acids, vitamin B, dietary fiber, and they possess high protein content (20-30% of dry matter). They also contain polysaccharides complexes, ribonucleases, proteases, and lectins, which exhibit antitumor, hypocholesterolemic, antioxidant, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, and immunosuppressive properties. Moreover, studies have shown that medicinal mushroom has no dose-limiting toxicity, and it also improves disease-free intervals and overall survival in breast cancer patients. Medicinal mushroom has been used in traditional medicines as it provides vitality.
The recent trend indicates increasing demand for medicinal mushrooms as investments in public and private healthcare industries continue to increase. The factors that are expected to drive the growth of the Europe medicinal mushroom market are increasing health awareness about the health benefits of medicinal mushrooms among the general population and continuous launches of supplements of medicinal mushrooms. However, fluctuating prices of medicinal mushrooms may restraint the market's growth
Furthermore, the rise in cancer cases is expected to create an opportunity for the market to introduce more medicinal mushroom supplements. However, high prices of medicinal mushroom supplements may challenge the market’s growth
The Europe medicinal mushroom market report provides details of market share, new developments, and impact of domestic and localized market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the medicinal mushrooms market scenario, contact Data Bridge Market Research for an Analyst Brief. Our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Europe Medicinal Mushroom Market Scope And Market Size
Europe medicinal mushrooms market is segmented into four notable segments based on the type, product type, form, and therapeutic application.
- On the basis of type, the Europe medicinal mushrooms market is segmented into reishi, cordyceps, chaga, hericium, and auricularia. In 2021, the cordyceps segment is expected to dominate the medicinal mushrooms market due to the rise in the number of diseases such as brain tumor, cancer and low immunity, among others which are curable by using medicinal mushrooms. Thus, the demand for cordyceps has risen in the last few years and will continue in the coming years, driving the market's growth.
- On the basis of product type, the Europe medicinal mushrooms market is segmented into organic and inorganic. In 2021, the organic segment is expected to dominate the medicinal mushrooms market due to an increase in demand for plant-based and organic food products to stay fit avoid the diseases related to non-vegetarian and other food products.
- On the basis of form, the Europe medicinal mushrooms market is segmented into powder, tablet, capsules, and tinctures. In 2021, the capsules segment is expected to dominate the medicinal mushrooms market due to its easy-to-use nature and lower prices as compared to other forms.
- On the basis of therapeutic application, the Europe medicinal mushrooms market is segmented into cancer treatment, cardiovascular, physical performance, antioxidant, antiviral, antimicrobial, immunity, gastrointestinal, cholesterol, and others. In 2021, the cancer treatment segment is expected to dominate the medicinal mushrooms market due to the rise in the number of cancer cases in Europe, enabling doctors and manufacturers to introduce new medicines made with medicinal mushrooms in the market.
Medicinal Mushroom Market Country Level Analysis
Europe medicinal mushrooms market is analyzed, and market size information is provided by the country, type, product type, form, and therapeutic application as referenced above.
The countries covered in Europe medicinal mushrooms market report are Germany, U.K., Austria, Italy, France, Russia, Netherlands, Switzerland, Belgium, Turkey, Luxembourg, and the rest of Europe.
Germany is expected to dominate the Europe medicinal mushrooms market due to easy availability as well as at reasonable rates of medicinal in the region. U.K. is expected to dominate the Europe medicinal mushrooms market due to the increased health awareness among the consumers of the U.K. Austria is also expected to lead in the medicinal mushroom market due to increased demand for medicinal mushroom products in the country.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in market regulation that impact the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts, and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, the presence and availability of brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, the impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Growing Strategic Activities by Major Market Players To Enhance The Awareness For Health Benefits Of Medicinal Mushrooms Is Boosting The Market Growth Of Clinical Microscopy market.
Europe medicinal mushroom market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country's growth in the particular market. Additionally, it provides detailed information regarding the market players' strategy and their geographical presence. The data is available for the historic period 2010 to 2019.
Competitive Landscape and Europe medicinal mushroom market Share Analysis
Europe medicinal mushroom market competitive landscape provides details by a competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product approvals, patents, product width, and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company's focus related to Europe medicinal mushroom market.
Some of the major players operating in the Europe medicinal mushrooms market are Aloha Medicinals Inc, MycoMedica d.o.o., Mycotrition GmbH, Pilze Wohlrab GmbH & Co. KG, Tyroler Glückspilze, Saint Charles, Myko San, Suntory Beverage & Food Asia Pte Ltd, Nordic Mushrooms, Nyishar, among other domestic players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many developments are also initiated by the companies worldwide, which are also accelerating the Europe Medicinal Mushroom Market.
- In October 2021, Aloha Medicinals partnered with Prenexus Health, which is a leading manufacturer of organic prebiotic ingredients for the supplement, to bring the novel mushroom-based prebiotic, MyceliaGI, to market
Collaboration, product launch, business expansion, award and recognition, joint ventures, and other strategies by the market player are enhancing the company's footprints in the Europe medicinal mushroom market which also provides the benefit for the organization's profit growth.