Europe Mobility as a Service Market, By Service Type (Car Sharing, Bus Sharing, Train, Ride Hailing, Bi-Cycle Sharing, Self-Driving Cars and Others), Solution (Navigation Solutions, Ticketing Solutions, Technology Platforms, Insurance Services, Telecom Connectivity Providers and Payment Engines), Transportation Type (Public and Private), Vehicle Type (Four Wheelers, Bus, Train and Micro Mobility), Application Platform (IOS, Android and Others), Requirement Type (First and Last Mile Connectivity, Off-Peak and Shift Work Commute, Daily Commuter, Airport or Mass Transit Stations Trips, Inter-City Trips and Others), Organization Size (Large Enterprises and Small and Medium Size Enterprises (SMES)), Usage (Commercial and Personal), Country (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Russia, Turkey, Belgium, Netherlands, Switzerland and Rest of Europe), Industry Trends and Forecast to 2028
The mobility as a service market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 33.9 % in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 and is expected to reach USD 172,787.89 million by 2028. Stringent governmental rules to control carbon emission in Europe are acting as major factor for the growth of the market.
The huge investments made by market players in developing green vehicles has propelled the growth of this market in Europe.
Mobility as a service is a consumer-centric model for providing transportation for people. Mobility as a service is also known as MaaS and sometimes referred to as transportation as a service (TaaS). Mobility as a service is the integration of transport methods such as car and bike sharing, taxis and car rentals/leases through digital channels which enables consumers to plan, book and pay for multiple types of mobility services. The main concept of developing MaaS is to offer travellers mobility solutions based on their travel needs.
The rising urbanization and smart city initiatives are driving the mobility as a service market growth with increased demand for advanced products having enhanced connectivity and performance. The market players have to meet the regulatory standards of each country in which they are selling their products which is limiting the mobility as a service market growth. The growth of electric vehicles for comfortable and clean transport at a lower cost is creating opportunity for the mobility as a service market. The low awareness of the lifetime cost of private vehicles and service ownership is going to be a major challenge for the mobility as a service market.
This mobility as a service market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
The mobility as a service market is segmented on the basis of service type, solution, transportation type, vehicle type, application platform, requirement type, organization size and usage. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of service type, the mobility as a service market is segmented into car sharing, bus sharing, train, ride hailing, bi-cycle sharing, self-driving cars and others. In 2021, ride hailing segment held larger share in the mobility as a service market due to the growing option for booking and comfort which has raise the demand for rail hailing services.
- On the basis of solution, the mobility as a service market is segmented into navigation solutions, ticketing solutions, technology platforms, insurance services, telecom connectivity providers and payment engines. In 2021, navigation solutions category has accounted for maximum market size due to growing importance of passenger safety and growing concern for minimizing travelling time has increase the demand for navigation solutions.
- On the basis of transportation type, the mobility as a service market is segmented into public and private. In 2021, public category has accounted for maximum market size due to rising vehicle traffic which has increase the demand for mobility services.
- On the basis of vehicle type, the mobility as a service market is segmented into four wheelers, bus, train and micro mobility. In 2021, four wheelers segment held the largest share in the market which is mainly attributed to rising investment in the transportation infrastructure which has fuel the demand for mobility services.
- On the basis of application platform, the mobility as a service market is segmented into IOS, android and others. In 2021, android category has accounted for maximum market size owing to rising internet penetration and growing usage of mobile in the developing economies which has resulted in increasing demand for mobility services for the android application.
- On the basis of requirement type, the mobility as a service market is segmented into first and last mile connectivity, off-peak and shift work commute, daily commuter, airport or mass transit stations trips, inter-city trips and others. In 2021, inter-city trips category held larger market share owing to the rising vehicle traffic which has increase the demand for mobility services.
- On the basis of organization size, the mobility as a service market is segmented into large enterprises and small and medium size enterprises (SMES). In 2021, large enterprises segment held larger market share owing to the growing investment from the various tech-giants in the car sharing and transportation infrastructure which are making their presence in the transportation industry.
- On the basis of usage, the mobility as a service market is segmented into commercial and personal. In 2021, commercial category held larger market share owing to the growing need for safe, effective and cost friendly transportation option of goods and materials.
Mobility as a Service Market Country Level Analysis
Mobility as a service market is analysed and market size information is provided by the country, service type, solution, transportation type, vehicle type, application platform, requirement type, organization size and usage as referenced above.
The countries covered in mobility as a service market report are Germany, France, U.K., Switzerland, Italy, Russia, Spain, Netherlands, Belgium, Turkey and rest of Europe.
Germany is dominating the European region for mobility as a service market due to the growing need of MaaS among the business organizations to deploy holistic solutions such as MaaS to address the traffic congestion and environmental issues
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Rising Demand of Mobility as a Service
The mobility as a service market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in industry with sales, components sales, impact of technological development in mobility as a service and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the mobility as a service market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2019.
Competitive Landscape and Mobility as a Market Share Analysis
The mobility as a service market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, global presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to mobility as a service market.
The major players covered in the report are Moovit Inc. (Subsidiary of Intel Corp.), UbiGo Innovation AB, MaaS Global Oy, SkedGo Pty Ltd, moovel Group GmbH (Subsidiary of Daimler AG), Communauto, Lyft, Inc., Uber Technologies, Inc., Citymapper Limited, Cubic Corporation, innovation in traffic systems SE, Mobilleo, MOTIONTAG GmbH, ANI Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Splyt Technologies Ltd., Lyft, Inc., Uber Technologies, Inc., EasyMile, among others. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product developments are also initiated by the companies worldwide which are also accelerating the growth of mobility as a service market.
- In November 2020, Lyft, Inc. added a new feature of public transit information into the Lyft app. Through this, riders can compare their transit options and choose the best route. This new transit feature in the Lyft app also allows riders to see upcoming departures nearby for four GTA transit agencies including the TTC, GO Transit, UP Express and York Region Transit. This has helped the company to enhance their product portfolio and better meet customers demand.
- In November 2020, Uber Technologies Inc. launched E-rickshaws for first and last mile connectivity. These E-rickshaws will be available across 26 stations on Delhi Metro’s blue line In India. This product offers riders mobility solutions for better connectivity. Through this the company is able to enhance their product portfolio in the market.
Partnership, joint ventures and other strategies enhances the company market share with increased coverage and presence. It also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for mobility as a service through expanded range of size.
Customization Available: Europe Mobility as a Service Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.