Europe Mycotoxin Testing Market, By Type (Aflatoxins, Ochratoxins, Fusarium Toxins, Deoxynivalenol, Patulin, Penicillium Toxins, Cyclopiazonic Acid, Ergot Alkaloids, Citrinin, Sterigmatocystin, Alternaria, T-2 Toxin, Zearalenone, Others), Product Type (Devices, Reagents & Kits, Services), Technology (Chromatography Based, Immunoassay-Based, Lateral Flow Assay Based, Spectroscopy Based, Others), Sample (Food, Feed, Pharmaceuticals), End User (Research Lab, Research Institutes, Food Testing Industries, Feed Testing Industries, Other), Country (Germany, Italy, France, Spain, U.K., Turkey, Russia, Switzerland, Belgium, Netherlands, Rest of Europe) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2027
Mycotoxin testing market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 7.1% in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027 and is expected to reach USD 504,196.20 thousand by 2027.
Mycotoxins are the metabolites of fungi and leads to the spoilage of food and causes harmful effect if the product is being consumed. Various analytical procedures are used to identify the toxicity of fungi such as chromatography techniques HPLC, LC chromatography and immunological tests. The major cause of the mycotoxins is poor production process of food products, climate issues, humidity among others. According to International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC), aflatoxins are the most dangerous and food causing mycotoxin which has been studied in research purposes with the carcinogenic issues in human.
The consumer awareness regarding presence of mycotoxins is necessary and it is well known driving factor for the mycotoxin testing market. The lack of food control infrastructure and instrumentation in emerging countries many hinder the mycotoxin testing market.
The digitalization in the testing and analysis provides opportunities to the mycotoxin testing market. The higher cost optimization for laboratories maintenance is considered as one of the challenge for the mycotoxin testing market.
This mycotoxin testing market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the mycotoxin testing market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Mycotoxin testing market is segmented on the basis of type, product type, technology, sample and end user. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of type, the mycotoxin testing market is segmented into aflatoxins, ochratoxins, fusarium toxins, deoxynivalenol, patulin, penicillium toxins, cyclopiazonic acid, ergot alkaloids, citrinin, sterigmatocystin, alternaria, T-2 toxin, zearalenone, others. In 2020, alfatoxins segment comprised the highest market share owing to factors such as high prevalence in the agricultural products, which are used for human consumption such as corn, peanuts, groundnuts, cotton seeds, and tree nuts.
- On the basis of product type, the mycotoxin testing market is segmented into devices, reagents & kits, and services. In 2020, reagents & kits dominates the market owing to factors such as it requires less time for detection and provides accurate information of the testing.
- On the basis of technology, the mycotoxin testing market is segmented into chromatography based, immunoassay-based, lateral flow assay based, spectroscopy based, and others. In 2020, chromatography based segment holds the largest market share as the services involved in the mycotoxin testing provides efficient testing with HPLC and LC chromatography and their accuracy with respect to the content detection in analytical procedures have led their dominance in mycotoxin testing.
- Based on sample, the mycotoxin testing market is segmented into food, feed, and pharmaceuticals. In 2020, the food segment has comprised the highest market share as mycotoxin majorly causes spoilage to food products especially maize and cereals.
- On the basis of end user, the mycotoxin testing market is segmented into research lab, research institutes, food testing industries, feed testing industries and other. In 2020, food testing industries segment has comprised the highest market share as testing services are majorly opt by food industry due to the strict government guidelines and framework before commercialization of the food products which have led their dominance in the mycotoxin testing market.
Europe Mycotoxin Testing Market Country Level Analysis
The mycotoxin testing market is analysed and market size information is provided by country, type, product type, technology, sample and end user as referenced above.
The countries covered in Europe mycotoxin testing market report are the Germany, Italy, France, Spain, U.K., Turkey, Russia, Switzerland, Belgium, Netherlands and Rest of Europe.
In Europe mycotoxin testing market, the food and feed testing mycotoxin policies have been strengthened by the contributed efforts from control laboratories (CLs), national reference laboratories (NRLs), and EU reference laboratories (EURLs). The growing prevalence of fusarium toxins, due to the changing climatic conditions is also fuelling this market.
The country section of the Europe mycotoxin testing market report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of Europe brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
High Demand of Mycotoxin testing in Alcoholic Beverage Industry is creating New Opportunities for Players in the Mycotoxin Testing Market
Mycotoxin testing market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in industry with sales, components sales, impact of technological development in mycotoxin testing and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the mycotoxin testing market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2018.
Competitive Landscape and Mycotoxin testing Market Share Analysis
Mycotoxin testing market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, Europe presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to Europe mycotoxin testing market.
The major players covered in the Europe mycotoxin testing market report are Bureau Veritas, Intertek Group plc, Eurofins Scientific, NEOGEN Corporation, LGC Limited (A SUBSIDIARY OF KOHLBERG KRAVIS ROBERTS & CO. L.P.), EnviroLogix, TÜV SÜD, SGS SA, Fera Science Limited (a subsidiary of Capita plc.), SYNLAB International GmbH, AB Sciex Pte. Ltd., R-Biopharm AG, Bio-Check (UK) Ltd., Soft Flow Ltd. (A Subsidiary of FOSS GROUP), TLR International Laboratories, Deltamune, Mérieux NutriSciences, QIMA and Romer Labs Division Holding GmbH among others.
Many product developments are also initiated by the companies worldwide which are also accelerating the growth of Europe mycotoxin testing market.
- In November 2017, Fera Science Limited has participated in 8th International Symposium on Recent Advances in Food Analysis (RAFA) at Czech Republic. The company has provided overview for recent and emerging analytical & bio analytical strategies conducted for food quality and safety control. Thus, the company gets an opportunity to provide company’s networking and the latest results of food analysis to community.
- In October 2017, Soft Flow Ltd. has participated in conference of European Monoclonal Antibodies Network (EuroMAbNet) held at University of Pécs Medical School, Hungary. The company has participated to provide a view regarding the innovative analysis, and developments for food safety and handling.
Partnership, joint ventures and other strategies enhances the company market share with increased coverage and presence. It also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for mycotoxin testing through expanded range of mycotoxin products.