Europe Needles Market, By Type (Conventional Needles and Safety Needles), Product Type (Suture Needles, Blood Collection Needles, Ophthalmic Needles, Dental Needles, Insufflation Needles, Pen Needles and Others), Material (Stainless Steel, Plastic Needles, Glass Needles and Peek Needles), Delivery Mode (Hypodermic Needles, Intravenous Needles, Intramuscular Needles and Intraperitoneal Needles), End User (Hospitals, Diagnostic Centers, Home Care and Others), Distribution Channel (Direct Tender and Retail Sales), Country (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Netherlands, Russia, Belgium, Turkey, Switzerland and Rest of Europe) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2028.
The Europe needles market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 7.2% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 and is expected to reach USD 3,737.66 million by 2028. Rising incidence of chronic diseases especially cancer acts as driver for the needles market growth.
The needles are of various types and size used widely for injections, samples and sutures. They are utilized through two major routes hypodermic and intravenous. Hypodermic needles allow the delivery of drug in an injectable form into subcutaneous skin tissue site of patient at constant dose and force. These needles also called sharps are made of either stainless steel, plastic, peek materials and among more. Some major types of needles include intravenous needles, safety needles (used nowadays in almost every medical setting), winged needles (also called butterfly needle).
Increasing geriatric population, increasing demand for vaccines acts as driver for the needles market. The increasing ophthalmic disorders and rising incidence of chronic diseases like cancer are further boosting the market growth. The usage of needle free injection technology and complications associated with needle stick injuries are restraining the needles market growth. Increasing research and development activities and strategic initiatives by key market players, acts as opportunities for the needles market. Rising healthcare expenditure and disposable income also fosters the market growth. Availability of alternative drug delivery methods acts as challenge for the needles market growth.
The needles market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localized market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the needles market scenario contact Data Bridge Market Research for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
The needles market is segmented on the basis of the type, product type, material, delivery mode, end users and distribution channel. The growth among segments helps you analyze niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
Europe needles market is categorized into six notable segments based on type, product type, material, delivery mode, end users and distribution channel.
- On the basis of type, the Europe needles market is segmented into conventional needles and safety needles. In 2021, conventional needles segment is expected to dominate the market due to its enormous usage in vaccine delivery and blood collection or donation applications.
- On the basis of product type, the Europe needles market is segmented into suture needles, blood collection needles, ophthalmic needles, dental needles, insufflation needles, pen needles and others. In 2021, suture needles segment is expected to dominate the market due to rising accident cases and increased surgery procedures each day in hospitals which surges the use of needles for various drug or anesthesia injections.
- On the basis of material, the Europe needles market is segmented into stainless steel, plastic needles, glass needles and peek needles. In 2021, stainless steel segment is expected to dominate the market as most commonly used needles in any hospitals or diagnostic centers are made of stainless steel which is convenient for sterilization and usage.
- On the basis of delivery mode, the Europe needles market is segmented into hypodermic needles, intravenous needles, intramuscular needles and intraperitoneal needles. In 2021, hypodermic needles segment is expected to dominate the market owing to its wide usage in almost every surgery including cosmetic and dermatology application due to its rapid delivery of drug.
- On the basis of end-users, the Europe needles market is segmented into hospitals, diagnostic centers, home care and others. In 2021, hospital segment is expected to dominate the market due to increased government fund contribution in renovating majority of hospitals in region and rising new hospital constructions.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the Europe needles market is segmented into direct tender and retail sales. In 2021, direct tender segment is expected to dominate the market as they deliver the mass quantity of manufactured product right from the company’s manufacturing site to prevent any damage and quality of needles.
The needles market is segmented on the basis of the type, product type, material, delivery mode, end users and distribution channel.
The countries covered in the needles market report are the Germany, U.K., Italy, France, Spain, Switzerland, Russia, Turkey, Belgium, Netherlands and rest of Europe.
- In 2021, Germany is expected to dominate the market due to high technological advancement and growing market players' presence over the country.
Conventional segment in Germany of European region is expected to grow with the highest growth rate in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 because of increasing cases of chronic diseases and research activities. The conventional segment in France is second dominating the European market owing to increasing sedentary lifestyle of people and requirement of many injection medications. U.K. is third leading the growth of the Europe market and conventional segment is dominating in this country due to presence of highest number of geriatric and vulnerable population.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of Europe brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Growing Strategic Activities by Major Market Players to Enhance the Awareness for Various Advanced Needles is Boosting the Market Growth of Needles market.
The needles market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in particular market. Additionally, it provides the detail information regarding the market players’ strategy and their geographical presence. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2019.
Competitive Landscape and Needles Market Share Analysis
Needles market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company’s focus related to needles market.
The major companies which are dealing in the needles are BD, Novo Nordisk A/S, YPSOMED, Owen Mumford Limited, HTL-STREFA S.A., B. Braun Melsungen AG, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Smiths Medical, Boston Scientific Corporation, Hamilton Company, CONMED Corporation, Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., Medtronic, Terumo Corporation, Allison Medical, Inc., Smith+Nephew, Retractable Technologies, Inc., ARGON MEDICAL., STERYLAB S.r.l., ZAMAR CARE., and BPB medica – Biopsybell among other domestic players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many contract and agreement are also initiated by the companies’ worldwide which are also accelerating the needles market.
- In August 2019, YPSOMED opened new and renovated buildings in their headquarters in Burgdorf of Switzerland. This is expected to increase company’s manufacturing capacity in Europe.
- In December 2017, BD announced in their website that company made strategic acquisition with C. R. Bard, Inc. for USD 16 Billion was done to improve both company’s treatment process for diseases to get better patient outcomes, thereby anticipated in improving company’s overall presence and income.
Collaboration, product launch, business expansion, award and recognition, joint ventures and other strategies by the market player is enhancing the company footprints in the needles market which also provides the benefit for organization’s profit growth.
Customization Available: Europe Needles Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customized to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analyzed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Fact book) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.