Europe Pen Needles Market By Product Type (Standard Pen Needles, Safety Pen Needles), Product Length (Medium Length, Nano Length, Long Length), Usability (Disposable, Reusable), Application (Diabetes, Growth Hormone Deficiency, Others), Therapy (Insulin, Glucagon-Like Peptide-1, Growth Hormones, Others), End User (Home Healthcare, Hospitals, Clinics, Others), Country (Germany, U.K, France, Italy, Spain, Russia, Netherlands, Switzerland, Belgium, Turkey, Rest of Europe) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Needle manufacturers have developed needles to minimize pain and help to reduce skin trauma, majorly by innovating needle length and diameter, to maintain a sufficient inner lumen was the major challenge for needle manufacturers by maintaining acceptable low injection force. To maintain sufficient inner lumen manufacturer made thin needle walls, which reduced the needles robustness and increased chances of needles tip damage during administration, re-usage and during cap removal or handling.
Pen needles are used in pen devices to deliver injectable drug in diabetes and growth hormone deficiency to maintain blood sugar level. The World Health Organization and international diabetes federation has projected more than 50% rise in number of diabetes patients by 2045. Also, United Nation and World Health Organization has projected more than 100% rise in geriatric population in the globe, this rise will lead the global pen needles market.
Europe pen needles market is projected to register a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
Segmentation: Europe Pen Needles Market
Europe pen needles market is segmented into six notable segments which are based on the basis of product type, product length, usability, application, therapy and end user.
- On the basis of product type, the market is segmented into safety pen needles and standard pen needles.
- On the basis of product length, the market is segmented into medium length, nano length and long length.
- On the basis of usability, the market is segmented into disposable and reusable.
- On the basis of application, the market is segmented into diabetes, growth hormone deficiency and others.
- On the basis of therapy, the market is segmented into insulin, glucagon-like peptide-1, growth hormones and others.
- On the basis of end user, the market is segmented into home healthcare, hospitals, clinics and others.
Competitive Analysis: Europe Pen Needles Market
Some of the major players operating in this market are Novo Nordisk A/S, Eli Lilly and Company, Terumo Corporation, MedExel Co., Ltd, ALLISON MEDICAL, VOGT MEDICAL, Digital Medics Pty Ltd., STAT Medical Devices., DOMREX Pharma Inc., A. Menarini Diagnostics srl, Ypsomed AG, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Facet Medical Technologies, KD Medical GmbH, Haselmeier GmbH & Co. KG, pendiq GmbH, MedExel Co., Ltd, Owen Mumford Ltd., HTL-STREFA S.A., LDI, Ltd. LLC and Sanofi among others.
- In February 2019, Bigfoot Biomedical, Inc. and Owen Mumford ltd. announced a contract for marketable supply to assist the presence of pen needles into Bigfoot’s injection system subscription supply bundles. This contract will confirm that the customers continuously have admittance to a contented and high quality pen needle for every insulin dose. It would also help in evolving a digital drug delivery platform projected for sustenance insulin delivery through all people with insulin-requiring diabetes.
- In September 2016, BD announced to invest USD 100 million Nebraska plant to expand insulin syringe manufacturing and the expansion of the manufacturing facility will expand the manufacturing of plastic mold and ensuring the number one provider of plastic molds.
- In October 2015, A. Menarini Diagnostics held 11th International Diabetes Nurses Conference. There was exchange of insights for improvement of health of diabetic people. There will be increased awareness about products of a company.
Research Methodology: Europe Pen Needles Market
Primary Respondents: Key Opinion Leaders (KOL’s): Manufacturers, Researchers, Distributors, Bakers and Food Industrialists. Industry Participants: CEO’s, V.P.’s, Marketing/Product Managers, Market Intelligence Managers and National Sales Managers.