Europe Plant-Based Egg Market, By Plant-Based Egg Type(Full Egg, White Egg, and Egg Yolk), Form(Powder, Liquid and Others), Base Ingredient (Algal Flour, Wheat Flour, Soy Flour, Chia Seeds, Garbanzo Beans, Starch, Mung Beans, Pea, and Others), Function (Partial Egg Replacement, Full Egg Replacement, Egg Wash Substitute, and Others), Application (Breakfast Application, Homemade Bakery Applications, and Others), Packaging Type (Bottles, Pouches, Tetra Packs, and Others), And Distribution Channel (Store Based Retailer and Non-Store Based Retailer (Online), Country (France, Russia, Netherlands, U.K., Germany, Italy, Spain, Turkey, Belgium, Switzerland, Rest of Europe) Industry Trends and Forecast To 2028
The Europe plant-based egg market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 75.5% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 and is expected to reach USD 1,990.97 million by 2028. Rising demand for plant-based and vegan food products coupled with increased awareness regarding the health benefits of plant-based eggs is expected to acts as a driver for the plant-based egg market growth.
The plant-based egg is an alternative to conventional eggs. They are not produced from hens but instead are produced by plant-based raw materials such as algae, legumes, cereals, and others. The plant-based eggs replicate the functionality of conventional eggs. They are being used as an alternative to conventional egg breakfast items such as omelets, scrambled eggs, and others. Moreover, they can also be used in homemade bakery items such as cakes and muffins. They serve the purpose of stabilization, gelation, emulsification, and others. Plant-based eggs offer various health benefits such as are cholesterol-free, allergen-free, and hence, are opted by the consumers suffering from health issues related to cholesterol or who suffer from egg allergy. Additionally, plant-based eggs offer high food safety as they are made from plant-based raw material and thus reduces the risk of food-borne illness. Moreover, they are environmentally sustainable.
Plant-based eggs are rich in calcium and vitamin B12 and contain low fat and zero cholesterol. Therefore, they are preferred by many consumers for the health benefits. Various manufacturers offer plant-based eggs in different packaging and prepared from different plant sources such as cereals, legumes, algae, and others. Moreover, the growing demand for plant-based eggs among consumers due to their health benefits and the increasing trend of plant-based food and vegan food are the key factors driving the Europe plant-based egg market. However, the high cost of the plant-based egg as compared to the conventional egg may hamper the growth of the plant-based egg market.
- In addition, the change in lifestyle, eating habits of consumers, and the increase in demand for plant-based food are expected to create huge opportunities for the Europe plant-based egg market. The presence of a small number of domestic manufacturers may create a challenge for the Europe plant-based egg market.
The plant-based egg market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, the impact of domestic and localized market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the Plant-Based Egg market scenario, contact Data Bridge Market Research for an Analyst Brief. Our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
The plant-based egg market is segmented on the basis of plant-based egg type, form, base ingredient, function, application, packaging type, and distribution channel. The growth among segments helps you analyze niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of plant-based egg type, the Europe plant-based egg market is segmented into a full egg, white egg, and egg yolk. In 2021, the full egg segment is expected to dominate the plant-based egg market due to various product launches of full eggs in the market.
- On the basis of form, the Europe plant-based egg market is segmented into powder, liquid, and others. In 2021, the liquid segment is expected to dominate the plant-based egg market due to the availability of various plant-based egg products in liquid form are driving the growth of the market.
- On the basis of the base ingredient, the Europe plant-based egg market is segmented into algal flour, wheat flour, soy flour, chia seeds, garbanzo beans, starch, mung beans, pea, and others. The starch segment is further sub-segmented into potato starch, tapioca starch, arrowroot starch, and others. In 2021, the mung beans segment is expected to dominate the plant-based egg market due to the increasing demand for mung beans to give the plant-based egg a great texture and to imitate the texture of conventional eggs among manufacturers.
- On the basis of function, the Europe plant-based egg market is segmented into partial egg replacement, full egg replacement, egg wash substitute, and others. In 2021, the full egg replacement segment is expected to dominate the plant-based egg market due to the rising demand for plant-based food and the growing trend of veganism.
- On the basis of application, the Europe plant-based egg market is segmented into breakfast applications, homemade bakery applications, and others. The breakfast application is further sub-segmented into folded egg, egg bites, egg scrambles, omelets, and others. In 2021, the breakfast application segment is expected to dominate the plant-based egg market due to the increasing demand for a plant-based egg to prepare breakfast dishes such as egg scramble, omelet, and others among health-conscious consumers.
- On the basis of packaging type, the Europe plant-based egg market is segmented into bottles, pouches, tetra packs, and others. In 2021, the bottles segment is expected to dominate the plant-based egg market due to the easy availability and easy usage of bottle packaging.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the Europe plant-based egg market is segmented into store based retailer and non-store based retailer (online). In 2021, the store based retailer segment is expected to dominate the plant-based egg market due to the convenience and easy accessibility of a plant-based product in the nearby stores.
Plant-Based Egg Market Country Level Analysis
The plant-based egg market is analyzed, and market size information is provided by the country, plant-based egg type, form, base ingredient, function, application, packaging type, and distribution channel as referenced above.
The countries covered in the plant-based egg market report are France, Russia, Netherlands, U.K., Germany, Italy, Spain, Turkey, Belgium, Switzerland, the rest of Europe. France is expected to dominate the Europe plant-based egg market in the forecast period due to growing awareness of the health benefits of plant-based food products and an increasing number of health-conscious consumers.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impact the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts, and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, the presence and availability of European brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, the impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Growing strategic activities by major market players to enhance the awareness for plant-based egg, is boosting the market growth of plant-based egg market.
The plant-based egg market also provides you with a detailed market analysis for every country's growth in the particular market. Additionally, it provides detailed information regarding the market players' strategy and their geographical presence. The data is available for the historic period 2010 to 2019.
Competitive Landscape and Plant-Based Egg Market Share Analysis
Plant-based egg market competitive landscape provides details by the competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width, and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company's focus related to the plant-based egg market.
The major companies which are dealing in the plant-based egg market are Alternative Foods, Crackd, among other domestic players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many contracts, agreements, and launches are also initiated by companies worldwide, which are also accelerating the plant-based egg market.
- In July, Alternative Foods announced the launch of a new range of baked snack bars, including Brownie, Flapjack, Millionaire, and Tiffin bars. All these products use its aquafaba egg alternative in it. It has helped the company to meet the increasing demand for plant-based convenience snacks
- In May, Crackd expanded its distribution within the U.K. by adding its products to Morrisons, the largest chain of supermarkets in the U.K. The company is also gearing for its international launch by the end of 2021. It will help the company to meet the demand of the customers, which will lead to an increase in its sales
Collaboration, product launch, business expansion, award and recognition, joint ventures, and other strategies by the market player are enhancing the company's footprints in the plant-based egg market, which also provides the benefit for the organization's profit growth.
Customization Available : Europe Plant-Based Egg Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customized to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market, and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analyzed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.