Europe Platelet Rich Plasma Market By Type (Pure Platelet Rich Plasma, Leukocyte-rich Platelet Rich Plasma, Leukocyte-rich Fibrin, Other), Origin (Allogeneic Platelet Rich Plasma, Autologous v, Homologous Platelet Rich Plasma), Application (Cosmetic Surgery and Aesthetics, General Surgery, Neurosurgery, Orthopedic and Spinal Surgery, Other), End User (Hospitals and Clinics, Research Institutes, Other), Country (Germany, Italy, U.K., France, Spain, Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland, Turkey, Russia, Rest of Europe) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Europe Platelet Rich Plasma Market
Europe platelet rich plasma market is registering a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data from the base year of 2018 and the historic year of 2017. The rise in the market can be attributed due to home market growth in healthcare and benefits of using traditional prefilled syringes.
Market Definition: Europe Platelet Rich Plasma Market
Platelet rich plasma is endogenous plasma, ideally improved for platelets, isolated from whole blood. Although PRP is the main component of the platelets, other cell components such as white blood cells (WBCs) and peripheral stem cells may also be involved in preparations. These are all biochemical ingredients in the cure and are administered at elevated PRP levels. PRP can therefore help optimize bone and soft tissue healing environment.
- Growth in geriatric population is driving the growth of the market
- Ramp up in the occurrence of sport and orthopedic accidents is propelling the growth of the market
- Increased number of cosmetic surgery procedures is boosting the growth of the market
- Technological advancements and increased awareness of PRP treatments is contributing to the growth of the market
- Ineffective reimbursement policies in wound care devices operate as a market restraint system
- High volatilization in the price of platelet-rich plasma therapy works as a market restraint
- Difficulty with quality control and test results is hampering the growth of the market
Segmentation: Europe Platelet Rich Plasma Market
- Pure Platelet Rich Plasma
- Leukocyte-rich Platelet Rich Plasma
- Leukocyte-rich Fibrin
- Other Types
- Allogeneic Platelet Rich Plasma
- Autologous Platelet Rich Plasma
- Homologous Platelet Rich Plasma
- Cosmetic Surgery and Aesthetics
- General Surgery
- Orthopedic and Spinal Surgery
- Other Applications
- Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Periodontal Surgery
- Otorhinolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
By End User
- Hospitals and Clinics
- Research Institutes
- Other End Users
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
Key Developments in the Market:
- In July 2019, ADI MARKET, a subsidiary of the Global Stem Cells Group has reported the launch of a new product that is a viable treatment choice in a variety of regenerative medicine industries. Adimarket is providing doctors with an exciting treatment protocol with its new high platelet plasma product (PRP) that can help patients with essential esthetics, wounds and orthopedics. Adimarket is looking to expand its reach throughout the Middle East and Europe with the release of this new product.
- In May 2019, Estar Technologies Ltd. ("Estar Medical") declared that the Opposition Division of the EPO (European Patent Office) has abrogated Regen Lab SA ("Regenlab")'s platelet rich plasma (PRP) patent in its whole due to added matter and lack of novelty. In 2017, the patent was denied and withdrawn after a Munich trial, and the petition to Regenlab European Patent No 2.073.862 B1 was filed. This development enhanced the goodwill of the company which increases its market share.
Europe platelet rich plasma market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of Platelet Rich Plasma Market for Europe
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major market competitors currently working in the Europe platelet rich plasma market are, Zimmer Biomet, Stryker,, Regen Lab SA, Medira Ltd, TERUMO BCT, INC., Glofinn Oy, Medical Devices Business Services, Inc., Arthrex, Inc., Terumo Corporation, Biotest AG., Grifols, S.A., Octapharma AG, Swiss Plasmolifting GmbH, among others.
Research Methodology: Europe Platelet Rich Plasma Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of Europe platelet rich plasma market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)