Europe Polypropylene Market By Type (Homopolymers, Copolymers), Application (Packaging, Automotive, Medical, Construction, Consumer Products, Electrical & Electronics, Others), Country (Germany, U.K., France, Russia, Italy, Spain, Belgium, Turkey, Netherlands, Switzerland, Rest of Europe) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Polypropylene is a linear saturated hydrocarbon polymer that offers many properties such as good chemical resistance, good fatigue resistance, good heat resistance, integral hinge property and translucent behaviour. The polymer provides excellent chemical and electrical resistance to be used in several applications at a very high temperature. Polypropylene polymers are manufactured when monomers of propylene are subjected to heat and pressure in the presence of a catalyst system. Polypropylene homopolymers provide high strength and are stronger and stiffer than copolymers. Growing demand for polypropylene for the packaging of various goods is leading to growth in demand for global polypropylene market.
Europe polypropylene market is expected to register a steady CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026.
Segmentation: Europe Polypropylene Market
Europe polypropylene market is segmented into two notable segments on the basis of type and application.
- On the basis of type, the market is segmented into homopolymers and copolymers.
- On the basis of application, the market is segmented into packaging, automotive, medical, construction, consumer products, electrical & electronics and others.
Competitive Analysis: Europe Polypropylene Market
Some of the major players operating in this market are China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation, Total, PetroChina Company Limited, Exxon Mobil Corporation, SABIC, BASF SE, Borealis AG, Braskem, Celanese Corporation, Formosa Plastics Corporation, U.S.A., LyondellBasell Industries Holdings B.V., Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, Niche Polymer, PolyOne Corporation, Reliance Industries Limited, Sasol Limited, SCG Chemicals Co., Ltd., Sumitomo Chemical Co., Ltd., Trinseo, Westlake Chemical Corporation among others.
- In April 2019, SABIC won in the ceremony named AICM Responsible Care Awards Ceremony, the AICM Responsible Care Chairman's Award, in China. The company got this award for the efforts done to excel in the execution of corporate social responsibility (CSR), responsible care, and sustainability.
- In February 2019, SABIC partnered with Amco Polymers, LLC to make it the third distributor in North America. This partnership has helped the company to reach up to the customers based in United States, Canada and Mexico.
- In November 2018, BASF SE presented their 3D printing solutions at the Formnext Fair, which was held in Frankfurt. The company presented their polypropylene based product named as Ultrasint PP in the fair. The fair helped the company to gain a name in the market.
Research Methodology: Europe Polypropylene Market
Primary Respondents: Key Opinion Leaders (KOL’s): Manufacturers, Distributors, Industrial Professionals. Industry Participants: CEO’s, V.P.’s, Marketing/Product Managers, Market Intelligence Managers and, National Sales Managers.