Europe Prebiotics for Infant Formula By Type (Human Milk Oligosaccharides (HMOS), Galactooligosaccharides (GOS), Fructooligosaccharides (FOS), Mannan-Oligosaccharides (MOS), Polydextrose (PDX), Lactulose (LOS), Inulin), Source (Bacteria, Algae, Fungi, Plants & Vegetables), Grade (Inorganic, Organic), Form (Powder, Liquid), Product Type (Standard Formula, Toddler Formula, Follow Up Formula, Special Formula), Infant Age (0-6 Months, 6-12 Months, 1-3 Years), By Country (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Denmark, Netherlands, Switzerland, Poland, Russia, Sweden, Belgium, Turkey and Rest of Europe), Market Trends and Forecast to 2027
Market Analysis and Insights: Europe Prebiotics for Infant Formula Market
Prebiotics for Infant Formula market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing at a CAGR of 6.1% in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027and expected to reach USD 369.57 million by 2027. Rising approval of prebiotics and their implementation as Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) in infant formulations are the factors augmented towards market growth.
The prebiotics offers rich source of nutrition for infants through the formula which is creating huge demand for products in Europe market. The prebiotics such as Oligosaccharides in human milk offers intestinal development. The guidelines published by the European Commission and according to standards fructo-oligosaccharides and galacto-oligosaccharides prebiotics used in the infant formula must not exceed the limit which is 0.8 g/100 ml having combination of 10 % high molecular weight oligofructosyl-saccharose and 90 % oligogalactosyl-lactose.
This prebiotics for infant formula market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Europe Prebiotics for Infant Formula Market Scope and Market Size
Prebiotics for Infant Formula market is segmented of the basis type, source, grade, form, product type and infant age. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of type, the market is segmented into human milk oligosaccharides (HMOS), galactooligosaccharides (GOS), fructooligosaccharides (FOS), mannan-oligosaccharides (MOS), polydextrose (PDX), lactulose (LOS), and inulin. In 2020 Human milk oligosaccharides (HMOS) segment is expected to dominate the market and growing with highest CAGR due to their composition associated with the human milk and benefits adapted for the infant’s immature digestive and immune systems. In March 2018, DuPontand Inbiose NV (Belgium) announced their European Regulatory approval of EU regulatory approval first human milk oligosaccharides (HMOS) for infant formula. The approval of the product is expected to fulfil the nutritional demand of the infants.
- On the basis of source, the market is segmented into bacteria, algae, fungi, plants & vegetables, and others. In 2020, plants & vegetables segment is expected to dominate the market due to the high yield of FOS & GOS from Barley, wheat and extraction of Inulin from Chicory roots. For instance, In September 2018, Jennewein Biotechnologie GmbH developed new fermentation technology suitable for the human milk oligosaccharides. The new fermentation is developed from the simple carbon sources instead of the lactose which is costly dairy by-product as well as difficult to handle. Through this the company enhanced their product portfolio as well as saved cost of production by using less cost material.
- On the basis of grade, the market is segmented into inorganic and organic. In 2020, inorganic segment is expected to dominate the market and in Europe and Organic segment is growing with the highest CAGR, due to the availability and processing of the prebiotics as it is produced by enzymatic procedures with the involvement of the bacterial strain in manufacturing processes, whereas, high demand of the vegan products due to the growing vegan population and safety associated with the organic products is convincing population to prefer organic product which lead to grow with highest CAGR.
- On the basis of form, the market is segmented into powder and liquid. In 2020, powder segment is expected to dominate the market as according food additive safety (HFS-255), FOS is majorly marketed in form of granular form due to their stability and consistency to manufacture the infant formula in off-white color. With the stability and ease in handling the powder form is most preferable choice among manufacturers than the liquid.
- On the basis of product type, the market is segmented into standard formula, toddler formula, follow up formula and special formula. In 2020, standard formula segment is expected to dominate due to their similar efficiency in growth and development of infants and the formulation composition of prebiotics in standard formulas compare to other shows positive effect in developing the gut bacteria. The standard formula and their adoption among infants of age 0 to 12 months incorporated with FOS and GOS blends provide positive feedback and leading in their health growth
Prebiotics for Infant Formula Market Country Level Analysis
Prebiotics for infant formula market is analysed and market size information is provided by country by type, source, grade, form, product type and infant age as referenced above.
The countries covered in the prebiotics for infant formula market report are Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Denmark, Netherlands, Switzerland, Poland, Russia, Sweden, Belgium, Turkey and Rest of Europe.
In European Market, Germany is dominating the market and growing with the highest CAGR due to the major approval of the HMOs, FOS and GOS in infant formulations. The companies are investing in the European market to introduce their products due to preferences and demand of plant based products .For instance, according to the BENEO Company a Subsidiary of Südzucker AG (Germany), in June 2019, almost 64 percent of European consumers think that digestive system is the most important factor for healthy immune system due to which they are ready to spend extra money for healthy food. As a result, BONEO offers wide range of prebiotics for infant nutrition based on the chicory root fiber.
Prebiotics for Infant Formula Market, By Product Type
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of European brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Growth in Utilization of Clinical Laboratories
Europe prebiotics for infant formula market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in installed base of different kind of products for prebiotics for infant formula market, impact of technology using life line curves and changes in infant formula regulatory scenarios and their impact on the prebiotics for infant formula market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2018.
Competitive Landscape and Prebiotics for Infant Formula Market Share Analysis
Europe prebiotics for infant formula market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, global presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, clinical trials pipelines, brand analysis, product approvals, patents, product width and breath, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company’s focus related to Europe prebiotics for infant formula market.
The major players covered in the report are Jennewein Biotechnologie GmbH, zuChem Inc., Biosynth Carbosynth, ELICITYL SA, Dextra Laboratories Limited, Glycom A/S, Tereos, Ingredion Incorporated, Royal FrieslandCampina N.V., Südzucker AG, Cargill, Incorporated., Fonterra Co-operative Group, Royal Cosun, COSUCRA, New Francisco (Yunfu City) Biotechnology Corporation Limited, Dana Dairy Group, Glycosyn LLC and DuPont among other domestic and global players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
- In October 2019, Biosynth Carbosynth (U.K.) announced new development to improve the operational handling of organisation. The company introduced research products division separated from the pharmaceutical and diagnostic products division to transactional business. Through this company enhanced their service offering and support for global Europe customer base.
Partnership, collaboration and other strategies enhances the company market share with increased coverage and presence. It also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for prebiotics for infant formula through expanded model range.
Customization Available : Europe Prebiotics for Infant Formula Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.