Europe Printing Inks/Packaging Inks Market, By Technology (Solvent Based, Oil Based, Water Based, UV Curable, LED Curable, EB Curable and Others), Type (Flexo Inks, Offset Inks, Gravure Inks, Jet Inks, Metal Decorative Inks, Security Inks, and Others), Resin (Polyurethane, Acrylic, Vinyl, Polyamide, Polyketone, Nitrocellulose, and Others), Substrate (Paper and Board, Polyethylene, Aluminum, Polyvinyl Chloride, Polypropylene, Polyvinyl Acetate, Polyolefin, Cellophane, Polyester, Nylon, and Others), Application (Food Packaging, Wall Paper, Corrugated and Soil Board, Panels, Labels, Laminates, Carrier Bags, Aluminum Foils, Shrink Wrap Films, Envelopes, Paper Synthetic Films, Wrapping Paper, Heavy Duty Sacks, Deep Freeze Packaging, Hygiene Packaging, Flower Wrap and Others), Country (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Russia, Turkey, Belgium, Rest of Europe) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2028
Market Analysis and Insights : Europe Printing Inks/Packaging Inks Market
The Europe printing inks/packaging inks market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 6.6% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 and is expected to reach USD 3,788.89 million by 2028. Rising demand for the packaging and labels sector is boosting the Europe printing inks/packaging inks market.
Printer ink is a type of ink that flows smoothly, dries quickly, and is of a consistency able to hold enough color to make printed matter legible. It is made in a fashion similar to paint. Colored dyes are added to the liquid base and are mixed well. The base ingredient of printer ink is usually oil, either linseed oil, soybean oil, or petroleum distillate. Carbon black and varnish are combined to make basic black ink. Colored ink is made with dyes/compounds like peacock blue, yellow lake, diarylide orange, and phthalocyanine green. Color shading is adjusted through the addition of white pigments, such as titanium dioxide. In addition, it contains numerous additives to make it flow properly and adhere to the paper.
Packaging inks are applied on different substrates with the help of different printing processes depending on the requirement. The growth of the market of packaging ink is expected to be driven by the high demand from the food industry. In addition, rise in the pharmaceutical industry, the demand for packaging ink will increase.
The rising demand for packaging ink in the food industry acts as a driver in the Europe printing inks/packaging inks market. Increasing environmental concerns in the market prove to be a challenge. However, advancements in products and technology are expected to provide opportunities for the Europe printing inks/packaging inks market. Government regulations on the production of the inks restrain the market.
The Europe printing inks/packaging inks market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, the impact of domestic and localized market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the Europe printing inks/packaging inks market scenario, contact Data Bridge Market Research for an Analyst Brief; our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Europe Printing Inks/Packaging Inks Market Scope and Market Size
The Europe printing inks/packaging inks market is segmented based on technology, type, resin, substrate, and application. The growth among segments helps you analyze niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of technology, the Europe printing inks/packaging inks market is segmented into solvent based, oil based, water based, UV curable, LED curable, EB curable, and others. In 2021, solvent based segment is expected to dominate the Europe printing inks/packaging inks market as it is more durable and can be applied to other materials such as uncoated vinyl and PVC. This is also used in food packaging, which is dominant in the region.
- On the basis of type, the Europe printing inks/packaging inks market has been segmented into flexo inks, offset inks, gravure inks, jet inks, metal decorative inks, security inks, and others. In 2021, the flexo inks segment is anticipated to dominate as it is a strong choice for volume production and ink costs, and no special coatings are required. This is a general-purpose ink that can be used on a wide range of substrates, including the food and manufacturing industry.
- On the basis of resin, the Europe printing inks/packaging inks market has been segmented into polyurethane, acrylic, vinyl, polyamide, polyketone, nitrocellulose, and others. In 2021, polyamide is expected to dominate the Europe printing inks/packaging inks market. It is mostly used for flexible packaging and reverse printings and is highly suitable for flexographic and gravure inks. The flexible packaging required for all the goods suites this resin.
- On the basis of substrate, the Europe printing inks/packaging inks market has been segmented into paper and board, polyethylene, aluminum, polyvinyl chloride, polypropylene, polyvinyl acetate, polyolefin, cellophane, polyester, nylon, and others. In 2021, the paper and board segment is anticipated to dominate as it can be manufactured in all shapes and sizes with good adaptability to the component. The mass packaging of the components and manufacturing industry in the European region demands paper and board packaging.
- On the basis of application, the Europe printing inks/packaging inks market is segmented into food packaging, wall paper, corrugated and soil board, panels, labels, laminates, carrier bags, aluminum foils, shrink wrap films, envelopes, paper synthetic films, wrapping paper, heavy duty sacks, deep freeze packaging, hygiene packaging, flower wrap, and others. In 2021, the food packaging segment is anticipated to dominate as Europe has a good market for packaged foods that require attractive packaging.
Europe Printing Inks/Packaging Inks Market Country Level Analysis
The Europe printing inks/packaging inks market is analyzed, and market size information is provided by the country, technology, type, resin, substrate, and application as referenced above.
The countries covered in the Europe printing inks/packaging inks market report are Germany, Italy, the U.K., France, Turkey, Spain, Russia, Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland, and the Rest of Europe. Germany dominates the Europe printing inks/packaging inks market due to the region's high manufacturing industry and automotive industry requiring packaging industries for printing inks/packaging inks.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in market regulation that impact the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts, and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, the presence and availability of European brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, the impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Rising demand for packaging ink in the food industry is boosting the market growth of Europe printing inks/packaging inks market
The Europe printing inks/packaging inks market also provides you with a detailed market analysis for every country's growth in a particular market. Additionally, it provides detailed information regarding the market players’ strategy and their geographical presence. The data is available for the historical period 2010 to 2019.
Competitive Landscape and Europe Printing Inks/Packaging Inks Market Share Analysis
The Europe printing inks/packaging inks market competitive landscape provides details by the competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width, and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company’s focus related to the Europe printing inks/packaging inks market.
The major companies which are dealing in the Europe printing inks/packaging inks are DIC CORPORATION, SAKATA INX CORPORATION, Siegwerk Druckfarben AG & Co. KGaA, TOYO INK SC HOLDINGS CO., LTD., hubergroup Deutschland GmbH, Flint Group, Kao Collins Corporation, SICPA HOLDING SA, T&K TOKA Corporation, among others in domestic players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many contracts and agreements are also initiated by the companies worldwide, which accelerates the Europe printing inks/packaging inks market.
- In July 2021, Kao Collins Corporation launched InkAnswers, a comprehensive digital search tool that matches inks with substrates used in label and narrow web production. The new product simplifies the process of identifying which inks are compatible with printhead technologies and materials, including flexible packaging, foil, shrink sleeve film, and variable face stock. With this, the company will be able to cater to most of the customers need
- In May 2021, hubergroup Deutschland GmbH opened a new production plant in the Wroclaw area in Poland. Here the company produces water-based varnishes and solvent-based inks for flexography and gravure printing and has dosing lines for offset inks, including UV inks. The site also comprises a laboratory with a customer and technical service department. With this, the company will be able to expand its presence in the market