Europe Scleroderma Therapeutics Market By Type (Localized Scleroderma, Systemic Scleroderma), Treatment Type (Drug Treatment, Surgical Treatment, Therapy), End User (Hospital, Specialty Clinics, Homecare Settings, Others), Country (U.K., Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Netherlands, Switzerland, Belgium, Turkey, Russia, Rest of Europe) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026 – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
The scleroderma is an auto-immune disease of unknown etiology and is characterized by fibrosis and microvascular injury in affected organs. In this disease, Raynaud’s phenomenon is an initial symptom and shows puffiness of fingers. There are two types of scleroderma - localized scleroderma and limited cutaneous systemic sclerosis. Localized sclerosis shows plaques of fibrotic skin and subcutaneous tissue which further occurs as linear fibrotic bands on extremities such as skin and deeper tissue. Hence, it has two types in localized scleroderma and they are morphea and linear scleroderma. As per the studies carried out by researchers, it has been found that the disease occurs due to the changes in certain parameter in environment or changes in certain gene in human. The symptoms involves in this disease is abnormalities on the skin, painful joints, morning stiffness, fatigue, and/or weight loss and many others.
There is no drug or treatment available to treat scleroderma but there are certain drugs available which can be used in treating the disease associated to scleroderma such as kidney disease, Heartburn (acid reflux), Raynaud's phenomenon and others. Some of them are aspirin, naproxen, ibuprofen and many others.
Europe scleroderma therapeutics market is projected to register a healthy CAGR in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
Segmentation: Europe Scleroderma Therapeutics Market
Europe Scleroderma Therapeutics Market is segmented into three notable segments such as type, treatment type, end user.
- On the basis of type, the market is segmented into localized scleroderma and systemic scleroderma
- In March 2019, Sanofi received FDA (Food and Drug Administration) approved Dupixent (dupilumab) which is useful for moderate-to-severe atopic dermatitis in adolescents. It is used for treating the skin related issues as it clears the skin and reduced itching in adolescents. With this approval the company has increased its portfolio and also increased its business bry provides product everywhere around the world.
- On the basis of treatment type, the market is segmented into drug treatment, surgery treatment and therapy
- In February 2018, Novartis's Sandoz division received U.S. approval for a larger dosage of its product called Glatopa drug which is useful for treatment of multiple sclerosis patients, approval of product reinforces company’s leadership in market.
- On the basis of end user, the Europe scleroderma therapeutics market is segmented into hospital, speciality clinics, homecare settings and others
- In May 2017, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd received U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for its product Actemra/RoActemra (tocilizumab) subcutaneous injection that is useful for treatment of GCA. GCA chronic and severe autoimmune condition and Actemra/RoActemra (tocilizumab) is the first FDA approved treatment for GCA in adults. It is the 6th approval after its first U.S. launch in 2010
Competitive Analysis: Europe Scleroderma Therapeutics Market
Some of the prominent participants operating in this market are Argentis Pharmaceuticals, LLC., F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, AbbVie Inc., Pfizer Inc., Sanofi, ALLERGAN, viDA Therapeutics Inc., Novartis AG, Active Biotech AB., Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, GlaxoSmithKline plc., Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., AstraZeneca, Daval International Limited and among others.
- In September 2017, Roche received European approval for Actemra /RoActemra in giant cell arteritis. It is the first therapy which is used in treatment of giant cell arteritis (GCA) in Europe. With this approval company has strengthen their business in market by increasing their products which is helpful in treating diseases.
- In April 2016, Allergan acquired Topokin Therapeutics, a topical dermatology company, and adding non-invasive reduction development program. Main highlight of company is TAT4 gel, is a therapy that increases subcutaneous fat of hand and face.
- In January 2014, Actelion Ltd launched Opsumit and is now available in Germany. Opsumit (macitentan) is long term treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) and with this company increased its product portfolio. The product has also approved by the EU Commission for its product.
Research Methodology: Europe Scleroderma Therapeutics Market
Key Opinion Leaders (KOL’s): Manufacturer, Healthcare Professionals, Doctors, Nurses, Medical practitioners.
Industry Participants: CEO’s, V.P.’s, Marketing/Product Managers, Market Intelligence Managers and, National Sales Managers.