Europe Stevia Market By Form (Powder, Whole Leaf, Liquid, Tablet), Application (Industrial, Domestic), Distribution Channel (Direct Tenders, Retail), Country (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Russia, Switzerland, Netherlands, Turkey, Belgium, Rest of Europe) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
The carbonated beverages and foods are flavoured, artificial coloured, sweetened carbonated and preserved with chemicals. The majorly used ingredients in the carbonated food and drinks are sugar. The rising consumption of the sugar leads to serious illness such as obesity and diabetes amongst the population. Rising health concern amongst the population is increasing the preference towards low calorie sugar based products and organic ingredients in their daily intake. Various types of sugar substitutes are available such as Aspartame which cannot sustain at higher temperature whereas saccharin has certain limitation from Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The stevia extracted sweetener Reb A is generally recognized as safe (GRAS) for their usage in the foods and beverages industry.
Europe stevia market is expected to grow with a healthy CAGR in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
Segmentation: Europe Stevia Market
Europe stevia market is segmented based on form, application and distribution channel.
- On the basis of form, the market is segmented into powder, whole leaf, liquid and tablets.
- On the basis of application, the market is segmented into Industrial and domestic.
- In February 2018, GLG Life Tech Corporation and Archer Daniels Midland Company (U.S.) introduced their product high Reb M Dream Sweetener Stevia Leaf with the high Reb M. The product provides the clean and smooth sweetness in food and beverages products.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the market is segmented into direct tenders and retail.
- In July 2017, PureCircle (Malaysia) unveiled the new stevia leaf-based flavor enhancers which ensure food and beverages companies to produce product and cost effective price in vanilla and cocoa flavors.
Competitive Analysis: Europe Stevia Market
Some of the major players operating in this market are Cargill, Incorporated, Ingredion Incorporated, Tate & Lyle, PureCircle, Archer Daniels Midland Company, BIOSWEET VENTURES, GLG LIFE TECH CORP., Hunan huacheng Biotech,Inc., HYET Sweet, Morita Kagaku Kogyo Co., Ltd., Pyure, S&W Seed Co., Stevita, Sunwin Stevia International, Inc., Whole Earth Sweetener Co., LLC, ZHUCHENG HAOTIAN PHARM CO. LTD among others.
- In September 2018, GLG Life Tech Corp. (Canada) and Archer Daniels Midland Company (U.S.) launched Reb M Dream Sweetener in collaboration. The sweeteners are made from GLG Life Tech’s proprietary high Reb M Dream Sweetener stevia leaf, which has high quantities of Reb M steviol glycosides that have a sugar-like taste. The product helps costumer with greater calorie, improved taste and added sugar reduction with the clean label solutions in the food and beverages.
- In March 2018, Cargill, Incorporated. (U.S.) announced the production of EverSweet which is a zero-calorie made up of two sweet compounds extracted from the stevia leaf Reb M and Reb D. The product is available for the food and beverages industry to provide healthier food with zero-calorie sweetener with great taste The new product have set a benchmark in providing great taste, zero calorie with the best ingredient of stevia Reb M and Reb D.
Research Methodology: Europe Stevia Market
Key Opinion Leaders (KOL’s): Manufacturer, Healthcare Professionals, Industrialist, Distributors.
Industry Participants: CEO’s, V.P.’s, Marketing/Product Managers, Market Intelligence Managers and, National Sales Managers.