Europe Vertical Farming Market By Growth Mechanism (Aeroponics, Hydroponics, Aquaponics), Structure (Building-Based, Shipping Container), Type (Biopesticides, Biostimulants, Biofertilizers), Application (Indoor, Outdoor), Crop Type (Leafy Green, Pollinated Plants, Nutraceutical Plants), Component (Lighting, Hydroponic Component, Climate Control, Sensors), Country (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Netherlands, Switzerland, Russia, Turkey, Belgium, Rest of Europe) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
The vertical farming is performed in indoor conditions where vertically stacked trays are used to grow plants with the help of artificial lighting. This is being utilized for manufacturing various crop such as latus, cabbage and other leafy vegetables effectively. Vertical farming is considered to be the more sustainable and revolutionary method of agriculture than traditional agriculture and greenhouse farming. It requires very less water and saves considerable soil and space. This farming method is useful in challenging environments such as cities, mountainside towns and deserts.
Segmentation: Europe Vertical Farming Market
Europe vertical farming market is segmented into six notable segments that are growth mechanism, structure, type, application, crop type and component.
- On the basis of growth mechanism, the market is segmented into aeroponics, hydroponics, and aquaponics
- On the basis of structure, the market is segmented into building-based and shipping container
- On the basis of type, the market is segmented into biopesticides, biostimulants and biofertilizers
- On the basis of application, the market is segmented into indoor and outdoor
- On the basis of crop type, the market is segmented into leafy green, pollinated plants and nutraceutical plants
- On the basis of component, the market is segmented into lighting, hydroponics components, climate control and sensors
Some of the major players operating in global vertical farming market are AeroFarms, Gills N Claws Pte Ltd, Illumitex Inc., MOFLO aeroponics, Sky Greens, SPREAD Co., Ltd., Triton Foodworks, ZipGrow Inc., Urban Crop Solutions, AmHydro, EVERLIGHT ELECTRONICS CO., LTD., Agrinamics., CropOne, PLENTY UNLIMITED INC, OSRAM GmbH, Valoya, Signify Holding, HELIOSPECTRA AB, Altius Farms, CubicFarm Systems Inc., Agrilution, Green Sense Farms Holdings, Inc., Bowery Farming, Inc., Infarm, among others.
- In May 2019, Fluence by OSRAM launched horticultural led lighting solutions to European and Middle East and Africa (EMEA) market. These full-spectrum LED lights will replace the traditional lighting and will help the growers to produce high-quality crops. This will help OSRAM to increase its customer base in European as well as Middle East and Africa (EMEA) market.
Research Methodology: Europe Vertical Farming Market
Primary Respondents: OEMs, Manufacturers, Engineers, Industrial Professionals.
Industry Participants: CEO’s, V.P.’s, Marketing/Product Managers, Market Intelligence Managers and, National Sales Managers.