Global 3D Bioprinting Market By Technology (Magnetic 3D Bioprinting, Laser-Assisted Bioprinting, Inkjet 3D Bioprinting, Microextrusion Bioprinting, Syring-Based, Others), Material (Hydrogels, Living Cells, Extracellular Matrices, Others), Application (Clinical, Research, Biosensors, Bioinks, Consumer/Personal Product Testing, Food & Animal Product), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends & Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global 3D Bioprinting Market
Global 3D bioprinting market is expected to rise to an estimated value of USD 4271.24 million by 2026, registering a healthy CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the increase in awareness regarding the application areas of 3D bioprinting and rise in the usage of these services from the cosmetic market.
Market Definition: Global 3D Bioprinting Market
3D bioprinting is a specialized application of 3D printing which deals with the development or printing of bio-based materials such as tissues, organs, cells and extracellular matrix which are applied in various clinical and research applications. Although, these modified medical products can only imitate the natural tissues/organs they cannot be utilized as replacement for the original organs.
- Increasing focus on the development and advancements in 3D printing which has been caused by a rise in the R&D expenditure globally; this factor is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Rise in usage and application of 3D bioprinters in drug discovery, development among a rise in the population suffering from chronic diseases; this factor is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Increasing levels of geriatric population resulting in greater application of these bioprinters for the manufacturing of products utilized in surgical applications as this population is more prone towards surgical treatments and procedures; this factor is expected to drive the market growth
- Lack of guidelines and regulations available regarding the usage of 3D bioprinters; this factor is expected to restrain the growth of the market
- Lack of skilled and knowledgeable professionals; this factor is expected to restrain the growth of the market
Segmentation: Global 3D Bioprinting Market
- Magnetic 3D Bioprinting
- Laser-Assisted Bioprinting
- Inkjet 3D Bioprinting
- Microextrusion Bioprinting
- Living Cells
- Extracellular Matrices
- Blood Vessels
- Bone & Cartilage
- Prosthetics & Implants
- Medical Pills
- Drug Research
- 3D Cell Culture
- Regenerative Medicine
- Consumer/Personal Product Testing
- Food & Animal Product
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In April 2019, Biogelx announced the launch of range of synthetic bioinks for use in 3D bioprinting. The product termed as “Biogelx-INKS” will be developed based on the company’s self-assembling peptide hydrogel technology. This product launch will help in creating new revenue opportunities for the company and provide products that support various healthcare applications in research and product developments.
- In November 2018, CELLINK announced the acquisition of Dispendix GmbH which will enable the implementation of Dispendix’s technology in CELLINK’s bioprinting applications. It will increase the dispensing rate of bioinks in 3D printers and provide efficient printing capabilities.
Competitive Analysis: Global 3D Bioprinting Market
Global 3D bioprinting market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of 3D bioprinting market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global 3D Bioprinting Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the 3D bioprinting market are 3Dynamic Systems Ltd; Cyfuse Biomedical K.K.; ORGANOVO HOLDINGS, INC.; CELLINK; Voxeljet; EnvisionTEC; GeSiM; Stratasys Ltd.; Nano3D Biosciences, Inc.; Poietis; regenHU; Biogelx; Aspect Biosystems Ltd.; 3D Systems, Inc.; Materialise and Solidscape Inc.
Research Methodology: Global 3D Bioprinting Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global 3D bioprinting market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)