Global 3D Optical Metrology Market, By Component (Hardware, Software, Services), By Type (Optical Digitizer & Scanner, Coordinate Measuring Machine, 3D Automated Optical Inspection System), By Deployment Model (Large, Small, Medium), By Application, By End Users, By Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East & Africa)– Industry Trends and Forecast to 2025
Market Analysis: Global 3D Optical Metrology Market
The Global 3D Optical Metrology Market accounted for USD 12,165.25 million in 2017 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 7.6% during the forecast period of 2018 to 2025. The upcoming market report contains data for historic years 2016, the base year of calculation is 2017 and the forecast period is 2018 to 2025.
Market Definition: Global 3D Optical Metrology Market
Optical metrology is the field of science and innovation related measurements utilizing light. These estimations focused around the properties of light itself or different properties like distance. 3D optical metrology helps in the large amount of 3D observations which can be captured quickly on the surface of an object which makes it possible to deliver measurements of the same quality as probing. These can be utilized at different applications such as aerospace and defense, automotive, electronics, energy and power and others. Increase of product innovation and advancements related to 3D optical metrology products will lead the market in the forecasting period. For instance, On March, 2018, Zygo launched 3D optical profilers such as Nexview NX2 and NewView 9000 for data acquisition, speed, sensitivity and intelligent operation, addressing a broad range of applications. On April, 2018, Bruker introduced a light speed focus variation technology named as Contour LS-K 3D optical profiler which will help in providing fast and extremely accurate metrology.
Major Market Drivers and Restraints:
- Growing obligation to follow international measurement standards
- Rising inspection, measurement and quality control in different manufacturing industry
- More of product innovation and advancements
- Lack of skilled personnel
Market Segmentation: Global 3D Optical Metrology Market
- The global 3D optical metrology market is segmented based on component, type, deployment model, application, end users and geographical segments.
- Based on component, the market is segmented into hardware, software and services.
- On the basis of type, the market is segmented into optical digitizer and scanner, coordinate measuring machine and 3D automated optical inspection system.
- On the basis of deployment model, the market is segmented into large enterprises, small and medium enterprises.
- On the basis of application, the market is segmented into reverse engineering, virtual assembly, quality control, rapid prototyping and others.
- On the basis of end users, the market is segmented into automotive, aerospace and defense, heavy machinery, medical, electronics, energy and power, construction and others.
- Based on geography, the market report covers data points for 28 countries across multiple geographies such as North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Middle East & Africa. Some of the major countries covered in this report are U.S., Canada, Germany, France, U.K., Netherlands, Switzerland, Turkey, Russia, China, India, South Korea, Japan, Australia, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and Brazil among others.
Competitive Landscape: Global 3D Optical Metrology Market
The global 3D optical metrology market is consolidated due to the presence of limited number of players concentrated in few countries. These major players have adopted various organic as well as inorganic growth strategies such as mergers & acquisitions, new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, and others to strengthen their position in this market.
Major Market Competitors: Global 3D Optical Metrology Market
Some of the major players in global 3D optical metrology market are HEXAGON, Nikon Metrology, Carl Zeiss, Leica Microsystems, Perceptron, Inc., AMETEK. Inc., Mityotoyo Corporation, Zeta Instruments, Capture 3D, Inc., Steinbichler Optotechnik, FARO Technologies, Inc., Renishaw plc., Bruker, Zygo, KLA-Tencor Corporation, Olympus Corporation, GOM, Keyence Corporation, Sensofar, Cyber Optics and CREAFORM among others.
Research Methodology: Global 3D Optical Metrology Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.