Global 5G Chipset Market, By Frequency Type (Sub-6Hz, Between 26 and 39 gHz, Above 39 gHz), Processing Node Type (7 nm, 10 nm, Others), Chipset Type (Application-Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC), Radio Frequency Integrated Circuit (RFIC), Millimetre Wave Integrated Circuit (mm Wave IC), Cellular Integrated Circuit (Cellular IC)), Deployment Type (Telecom Base Station Equipment, Smartphones/Tablets, Connected Vehicles, Connected Devices, Broadband Access Gateway, Others), End User (Energy and Utilities, Manufacturing, IT and Telecom, Media and Entertainment, Transportation and Logistics, Healthcare, Others), Country (U.S., Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Rest of South America, Germany, France, Italy, U.K., Belgium, Spain, Russia, Turkey, Netherlands, Switzerland, Rest of Europe, Japan, China, India, South Korea, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, Rest of Asia-Pacific, U.A.E, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, South Africa, Israel, Rest of Middle East and Africa) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2029
Market Analysis and Insights Global 5G Chipset Market
Data Bridge Market Research analyses the 5G chipset market will exhibit a CAGR of 49.02% for the forecast period of 2022-2029 and is likely to reach the USD 2,519.78 billion by 2029.
A 5G Chipset is a collection of electronic components that go together to form an integrated circuit. A data flow management system is another name for a chipset. The role of a chipset is to essentially regulate the flow of data that flows through the computer in order for it to function properly. The fifth generation of cellular networking technology is referred to as 5G. The goal of 5G technology is to offer more data to a wider range of devices. Because the chipset is involved in numerous activities of the computer, a 5G chipset is an essential component of 5G devices. Smartphones, IoT devices, portable hotspots, and, increasingly, notebook PCs with mobile network capabilities use 5G chipsets to transmit 5G packets. 5G mobile devices will utilize sub-6GHz channels with new MIMO antenna systems and high-frequency millimetre-wave (mm Wave) bands along with highly focused beam-steering.
The rise in the cellular IoT (internet of things) connections will influence the growth rate of the 5G chipset market. The upsurge in the demand for high speed internet and broad network coverage is a key element driving market expansion. The 5G chipset market is also being driven by factors such as rising mobile data traffic and increasing need for smart technologies. Furthermore, technological advancements and increase in the popularity of 5G-enabled smartphones will enhance the growth rate of 5G chipset market. Also, the upsurge in the demand for ultra-reliable and low-latency data networks capable of providing seamless connectivity will act as a major factor influencing the growth of 5G chipset market.
Moreover, the increase in the demand from various business verticals and the advent of 5G services with satellite communication will create beneficial opportunities for the growth of the 5G chipset market. Additionally, the emerging private 5G networks for IIoT and rise in the strategic partnership with system integrators in developing economies will act as market driver and further boost new opportunities in the forecast period mentioned above.
However, high cost associated with 5G chipset for mobile devices will hamper the market’s growth rate. Also, the design issues for RF devices operating at higher frequency will further pose a challenge to the market. Other factors such as data security and information privacy concerns will obstruct the market’s growth.
This 5G chipset market report provides details of new recent developments, trade regulations, import export analysis, production analysis, value chain optimization, market share, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, strategic market growth analysis, market size, category market growths, application niches and dominance, product approvals, product launches, geographical expansions, technological innovations in the market. To gain more info on 5G chipset market contact Data Bridge Market Research for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you take an informed market decision to achieve market growth.
Global 5G Chipset Market Scope and Market Size
The 5G chipset market is segmented on the basis of frequency type, processing node type, chipset type, deployment type and end user. The growth amongst the different segments helps you in attaining the knowledge related to the different growth factors expected to be prevalent throughout the market and formulate different strategies to help identify core application areas and the difference in your target market.
- On the basis of frequency type, the 5G chipset market has been segmented as sub-6Hz, between 26 and 39 gHz and above 39 gHz.
- Based on processing node type, the 5G chipset market has been segmented into 7 nm, 10 nm and others.
- Global 5G chipset market on the basis of chipset type has been segmented as application-specific integrated circuit (ASIC), radio frequency integrated circuit (RFIC), millimeter wave integrated circuit (mmWave IC) and cellular integrated circuit (cellular IC).
- Based on deployment type, the 5G chipset market has been segmented into telecom base station equipment, smartphones/tablets, connected vehicles, connected devices, broadband access gateway and others. Apart from telecom base station equipment, all other categories can be further sub-segmented into single-mode and multi-mode. Single-mode can be divided into standalone and non-standalone.
- Based on end user, the 5G chipset market has been segmented as energy and utilities, manufacturing, IT and telecom, media and entertainment, transportation and logistics, healthcare and others.
5G Chipset Market Country Level Analysis
The 5G chipset market is analysed and market size, volume information is provided by country, frequency type, processing node type, chipset type, deployment type and end user as referenced above.
The countries covered in the 5G chipset market report are U.S., Canada and Mexico in North America, Germany, France, U.K., Netherlands, Switzerland, Belgium, Russia, Italy, Spain, Turkey, Rest of Europe in Europe, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Australia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, Rest of Asia-Pacific (APAC) in the Asia-Pacific (APAC), Saudi Arabia, U.A.E, Israel, Egypt, South Africa, Rest of Middle East and Africa (MEA) as a part of Middle East and Africa (MEA), Brazil, Argentina and Rest of South America as part of South America.
Asia-Pacific dominates the 5G chipset market and will continue to flourish its trend of dominance due to the growing level of investment in research and development, increase in developments in emerging 5G enabled smartphones and base stations supporting 5G frequencies in this region. North America is expected to grow during the forecast period of 2022-2029 due to the rapidly rising automotive and consumer electronics sectors in this region.
The country section of the 5G chipset market report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as consumption volumes, production sites and volumes, import export analysis, price trend analysis, cost of raw materials, down-stream and upstream value chain analysis are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of domestic tariffs and trade routes are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Competitive Landscape and Global 5G Chipset Market Share Analysis
The 5G chipset market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, global presence, production sites and facilities, production capacities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product width and breadth, application dominance. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to 5G chipset market.
Some of the major players operating in the 5G chipset market are Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., SAMSUNG, Xilinx, Nokia, Intel Corporation, Broadcom, Infineon Technologies AG, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., Renesas Electronics Corporation, Qorvo, Inc., NXP Semiconductors, Marvell, Analog Devices, Inc., Texas Instruments Incorporated, Unisoc (Shanghai) Technologies Co., Ltd., Skyworks Solutions, Inc., IBM, and Anokiwave, Inc., among others.
- In January 2021, MediaTek had launched chipset to power 5G smartphones. They launched new Dimensity 1200 and Dimensity 1100 5G smartphone chipset along with the developed AI, camera and multimedia properties for superior 5G experience. Both chipsets support every generation of connectivity, from 2G to 5G, as well as the most up-to-date connectivity capabilities.
- In June 2021, EdgeQ had launched industry’s first 5G Chipset-as-a-Services for 5G wireless infrastructure market. Customers can configure 5G and AI services with EdgeQ's innovative software defined 5G base station-on-a-chip technology, which changes the industry to a service-oriented, pay-as-you-go structure.
- In May 2021, Qualcomm had launched 5G modem elevated for industrial IoT. The Qualcomm 315 5G IoT modem enables global 5G NR sub-6GHz bands and functions in stand-alone (SA) alone mode, with the flexibility to transition to LTE as required. It can be operated over private or public 5G networks, using network slicing or in isolation.