Global Airway Stent / Lung Stent Market By Type (Tracheobronchial Stents, Laryngeal Stents), Material (Metal Stents, Silicone Stents, Hybrid Stents), Product (Self-Expandable Stents, Non-Expandable Stents, Balloon-Expandable Stents), Procedure (Bronchoscopy, Laryngoscopy), Material (Metal, Silicon, Hybrid), End User (Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgery Centers), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Airway Stent / Lung Stent Market
Global airway stent/lung stent market is registering a substantial CAGR of 6.58% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data from the base year of 2018 and the historic year of 2017. The rise in the market can be attributed due to surge in the number of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), asthma, acute respiratory infections, tuberculosis, and lung cancer.
Market Definition: Global Airway Stent / Lung Stent Market
Airway stent /lung stent are the devices that are inserted in the airway passage which is usually used by the doctors to treat various chronic lung diseases. These are also known as tracheobronchial prostheses. These are made of materials such as metal, silicon and hybrid. It is of two types, Tracheobronchial Stents and Laryngeal Stents. It is mostly used in hospitals and ambulatory surgical centers. Factors like increasing prevalence of smoking globally have increased the rate of chronic lung diseases.
- The increasing prevalence of respiratory and lung cancer diseases is contributing to the growth of the market
- Minimally invasive procedures have gained attention recently globally which has driven the market growth
- The sharp rise in elderly population is boosting the market growth
- The various healthcare players are investing in researches and innovations which is propelling the market growth
- The life expectancy has surged which has positively impacted the market growth
- The prevalence for tobacco smoking has also being decreasing which act as a restraint to the market
- There are various alternate treatment available which hinders the growth of the market
- There are various complexities associated with stents which is hampering the market growth
Segmentation: Global Airway Stent / Lung Stent Market
- Tracheobronchial Stents
- Laryngeal Stents
- Metal Stents
- Nitinol Stents
- Stainless Steel Stents.
- Other Metal Stents
- Silicone Stents
- Hybrid Stents
- Self-Expandable Stents
- Non-Expandable Stents
- Balloon-Expandable Stents
- Rigid Bronchoscopy
- Flexible Bronchoscopy
By End User
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In March 2019, Olympus America had launched two additional products HANAROSTENT self-expanding metal stents (SEMS). The SEMS is easily kept under fluoroscopic and endoscopic guidance to reinstate patency with a design which decreases the migration risk. Patients ease from SEMS placement as a palliative measure which enables fast reversal of symptoms such as vomiting, weight loss, nausea, and abdominal discomfort, lacking the risk involved in an invasive surgical procedure. This launch has expanded the portfolio of the company. It has become more advanced now with new techniques and devices.
- In May 2017, Medtronic has launched RESOLUTE ONYX
DRUG-ELUTING STENT in U.S. It has got FDA approval and it is available in the 4.5 MM AND 5 MM sizes. This product launch has expanded the company product portfolio and will enhance their clinical performance and will deliver some innovation leading to a wonderful experience for patients ™
Airway stent/lung stent market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of airway stent /lung stent market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major market competitors currently working in the global airway stent / lung stent market are Boston Scientific Corporation, BD, TAEWOONG, MICRO-TECH Europe, Teleflex Incorporated, Merit Medical Systems, Cook Group, Novatech SA, ENDO-FLEX GmbH, M.I.TECH, Fuji Systems, EFER ENDOSCOPY, HOOD LABORATORIES, Olympus Corporation, Medtronic, W. L. Gore & Associates Inc., Kapitex Healthcare Ltd., Meditek Systems Pvt. Ltd., Stening SRL, Changzhou Health Microport Medical Device Co., LTD and Thoracent, Inc. among others.
Research Methodology: Global Airway Stent / Lung Stent Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global airway stent / lung stent market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)