Global Algaecides Market By Type (Copper Sulfate, Quaternary Ammonium Compounds, Chelated Copper, Peroxyacetic Acid & Hydrogen Dioxide, Dyes & Colorants, Other Algaecides & Disinfectants), Applications (Surface Water Treatment, Aquaculture, Sports & Recreational Centers, Agriculture, Other Applications), Form (Granular Crystal, Liquid, Pellet), Mode of Action (Non-selective Algaecides, Selective Algaecides), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Algaecides Market
Global Algaecides Market is expected to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 2.19 billion in 2018 to an estimated value of USD 3.66 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 6.63% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. Increasing industrialization is driving the growth of this market.
Market Definition: Global Algaecides Market
Algaecide is used to kill and prevent the growth of algae or cyanobacteria. They are of two type’s algaecide natural and synthetic algaecides. They are usually used to prevent filamentous, branched, as well as planktonic algae. Algaecide depends upon some factors like quantities of application, water chemistry, product formulation etc.
- Increasing awareness about the conservation of the environment is driving the growth of this market
- Rising industrialization are driving the growth of this market
- Strict government regulation is restraining the growth of this market
- Its non- selective nature is another factor to restraining this market.
Segmentation: Global Algaecides Market
- By Type
- Copper Sulfate
- Quaternary Ammonium Compounds
- Chelated Copper
- Peroxyacetic Acid & Hydrogen Dioxide
- Dyes & Colorants
- Other Algaecides & Disinfectants
- By Applications
- Surface Water Treatment
- Sports & Recreational Centers
- Other Applications
- By Form
- Granular Crystal
- By Mode of Action
- Non-selective Algaecides
- Selective Algaecides
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- North America
Key Developments in the Market:
- In July 2014, Troy Corporation announced the launch of Polyphase 963 which is a fungicide + algaecide to provide protection to the wood substrates from fungal and algal growth. This is cost-effective with low VOC & low hazard profile and it’s very suitable for a green system. The main aim is to provide a high-performance product which will help them to expand their business.
- In November 2015, Spartanburg Water announced that they will be using approved algaecides in water supply reservoirs, after getting the complaint about the unusual smell and taste of the water. It happened due to the high level of Methyl-Isoborneol, or MIB. After the water treatment, Spartanburg water assures that its water is safe to use.
Global algaecides market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of algaecides market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the algaecides market are BASF SE, Nufarm, Lonza., UPL, Waterco, SePRO Corporation, Dow, BioSafe Systems, LLC, Airmax, Oreq Corporation, Lenntech B.V., Waterco, Pinch A Penny, Inc., Pool Corporation., BIOGUARD PEST MANAGEMENT, Expertos en Piscinas y Spas AstralPool., Syngenta, Bayer AG.
Research Methodology: Global Algaecides Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also, market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include vendor positioning grid, market time-line analysis, market overview and guide, company positioning grid, company market share analysis, standards of measurement, top to bottom analysis and vendor share analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Competitive analysis of key competitors involved in the market
- Complete analysis of market segmentation and which segments are set to flourish in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026
- Market drivers and restraints analysis along with the analysis of the market structure