Global Allergen Testing Market By Source (Peanuts & Soy, Wheat, Milk, Eggs, Tree Nuts, Seafood), Allergen Type (Inhaled, Food, Drug and Others ), Technology (HPLC-Based, LC-MS/MS-Based, Immunoassay-Based, Others), Application (Meat and Poultry, Dairy, Fruits and Vegetables, Processed Foods, Crops, Others), End-User (Hospitals, Diagnostic Laboratories, Academic Research Institutes, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Allergen Testing Market
Global allergen testing market is expected to register a substantial CAGR of 9.24% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. Increasing number of food allergies prevailing amongst the population is the major factor for the growth of this market.
Market Definition: Global Allergen Testing Market
Food allergies occur usually when the exposure of food triggers a harmful immune response. This immune response occurs when the immune system attacks the protein in the food and the protein that triggers the reaction are called allergens. The most common allergies include peanuts, cow's milk, shellfish, eggs, and tree nuts such as walnuts, almonds, or cashews. An allergy test may involve either a skin test or a blood test. More than 170 foods have been reported to cause food allergic reactions
- Rise in application outlook in confectionery and bakery industry has raised the demand of quality check which can act as a market driver
- Stringent food safety regulation implementation can propel the market growth
- Increasing prevelance of population suffering from allergic reaction can also act as a market driver
- Growing demand of processed meal along with the rising demand of health consciousness among the population is also enhancing the growth of this market
- Lacking consumer awareness regarding the feed safety regulations is hampering the market growth
- Less development in food control infrastructure & resources in emerging economies, is also restricting the growth of this market
- In some cases, allergy tests produce an immediate, severe allergic reaction that requires medical attention which can restrict the market growth
Segmentation: Global Allergen Testing Market
- Peanuts & Soy
- Tree Nuts
By Allergen Type
- Meat and Poultry
- Fruits and Vegetables
- Processed Food
- Diagnostic Laboratories
- Academic Research Institutes
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In August 2019, Nebraska began the awareness-raising program for the food allergy sector, customers and public health organizations. The company collaborated with Neogen Corporation, A company which develops food and animal safety solutions. They developed the technique for detecting peanut residues: the first food-allergen test kit available in the trade.The kits are commonly used in food processing installations to detect undeclared food allergens including peanut, milk, egg, almond, hazelnut, coconut, soya, sesame and shrimp.
- In September 2018, Hygiena acquired Biomedal Diagnostics Food Safety. Hygiena specializes in rapid food safety and environmental sanitation testing. After this acquisition, the companies is offering an allergen line that is best in class and continues investing in new product research and development and further expand an allergen product portfolio. GlutenTox product line containing extremely specialized G12 antibodies that detect the most immediately immunogenic component responsible for gluten intolerance
Global allergen testing market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of allergen testing market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in global allergen testing market are Eurofins Scientific, Intertek Group plc, TÜV SÜD, Alerchek, Inc., Stallergenes Gree, Diagnostische Systeme & Technologien GmbH, Lincoln Diagnostics, Inc., Hitachi Chemical Diagnostics, Inc., Siemens Healthcare Private Limited, bioMérieux, Inc., HYCOR Biomedical, Danaher, Omega Diagnostics Group PLC, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., NEOGEN CORPORATION, EMLab P&K, LLC, Romer Labs Division Holding GmbH, INDOOR Biotechnologies, Inc., FACTSSA, Microbac Laboratories, Inc. among others
Research Methodology: Global Allergen Testing Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Chemical Manufacturers, Chemical specialists, Research Laboratories, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global allergen testing market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)