Global Alopecia Treatment (Hair Loss) Market, By Disease Type (Androgenic Alopecia, Alopecia Areata, Ciatricial Alopecia, Traction Alopecia, Alopecia Totalis), Drug Type (Minoxidil, Finasteride, Cyclosporine and Others), Gender (Male, Female), Route of Administration (Oral, Topical, Injectable), Distribution Channel (Hospital, Retail Pharmacies, Online Pharmacies), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa)–Industry Trends & Forecast to 2026;
Market Analysis: Global Alopecia Treatment (Hair Loss) Market
The Global Alopecia Treatment (Hair Loss) Market is expected to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 8.21 billion in 2018 to an estimated value of USD 12.40 billion by 2026 registering a CAGR of 5.3% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in the market can be attributed to the rising geriatric population along with high demand for surgical hair transplant and changing lifestyle.
Market Definition: Global Alopecia Treatment (Hair Loss) Market
Alopecia areata is a medical condition which is a type of aloeapa which attacks the hair follicles causes the breakage or fall of hair leading to complete baldness. The patient suffering from alopecia areata, their scalp becomes patchy, diffused and confluent pattern leading the hair fall initially and later spread over the entire scalp termed as alopecia totalis or entire epidermis.
Alopecia areata is an auto immune hair loss on scalp or on body and commonly it shows form of solitary and multiple patches of alopecia.
- Rising geriatric population along with high demand for surgical hair transplant will boost the market
- Changing lifestyle along with increase in stress level among working class population can fuel the growth of the market
- High cost of alopecia treatment (hair loss) is acting as a major restraint for the market
- Side effects/allergic reactions by treatment also acting as a major market restraint.
Segmentation: Global Alopecia Treatment (Hair Loss) Market
- By Disease Type
- Androgenic Alopecia
- Alopecia Areata
- Ciatricial Alopecia
- Traction Alopecia
- Alopecia Totalis
- By Drug Type
- By Gender
- By Route of Administration
- By Distribution Channel
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- North America
Key Developments in the Market:
- In January, 2018, Concert Pharmaceuticals, Inc. announced U.S. FDA granted Fast Track designation for CTP-543, a novel, oral Janus kinase (JAK) inhibitor for the treatment of moderate-to-severe alopecia areata, disease which attacks the hair follicles, leading to hair loss.
- In May 2018, Histogen, Inc (U.S.) announced that received approval to Investigational New Drug (IND) application from the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to study its lead product in female diffuse hair loss.
- In March 2017, Perrigo Perrigo Company PLC (U.S.) announced the launch of over-the-counter Women's Rogaine, which helps to regrow hair on top of the scalp.
Competitive Analysis: Global Alopecia Treatment (Hair Loss) Market
The global alopecia treatment (hair loss) market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of alopecia treatment (hair loss) market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Alopecia Treatment (Hair Loss) Market
Few of the major market competitors currently working in the alopecia treatment (hair loss) market are Cipla, Viviscal, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd., Regaine, Merck & Co., Inc, Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd, Phyto - Alès Groupe, Kirkland Signature, Vitabiotics, Nanogen, Alpecin - Dr. Kurt Wolff GmbH & Co. KG, Rogaine - Johnson and Johnson, Histogen, Inc., Aclaris Therapeutics, Inc., Concert Pharmaceuticals, Inc., HCell Inc., GlaxoSmithKline plc., Perrigo Company PLC. and Daiichi Sankyo, Inc.
Research Methodology: Global Alopecia Treatment (Hair Loss) Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report:
- Current and future of global alopecia treatment (hair loss) market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)