Global ALS Treatment Market By Drug Type (Riluzole, Nuedexta, Edaravone, Others), Treatment (Chemotherapy, Stem Cell Therapy), Distribution Channel (Hospitals, Diagnostic Centers, Clinics, Retail Pharmacies), Type (Intravenous, Oral), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends & Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global ALS Treatment Market
Global ALS treatment market is set to witness a healthy CAGR of 19.21% in the forecast period of 2019- 2026. The report contains data of the base year 2018 and historic year 2017. Increasing R&D for new amyotrophic lateral sclerosis therapies and rising cases of ALS are the factor for the growth of this market.
Market Definition: Global ALS Treatment Market
Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or Lou Gehrig's disease, or motor neurone disease is a degenerative disease which usually destroys the nerve cells and creates disability. They usually kill the neurons which control our voluntary muscles which are responsible for movements such as walking, chewing and talking. Riluzole, edaravone and riluzone are some of the drugs which are used for treatment of ALS. Stem cell therapy and chemotherapy are the treatments which are provided to the patient with ALS. Increasing cases of ALS worldwide is the factor fueling the growth of this market.
- Rising cases of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis is driving the market
- Increasing aging population will also propel market
- Rising government concern toward the various treatment options for ALS will also drive market
- Growing focus of manufacturer on novel drug development for ALS is contributing as a factor for the growth
- High price of the treatment of ALS will restrain market
- Lack of awareness about the disease among population will also hamper market
- Unavailability of effective diagnostic method will also contribute as a factor restricting the growth
Segmentation: Global ALS Treatment Market
By Drug Type
- Stem Cell Therapy
By Distribution Channel
- Diagnostic Centers
- Retail Pharmacies
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In May 2019, The ALS Therapy Development Institute announced the launch of their new campaign so that they create more discussion about the progressive neurological disease. They are encouraging advocates and other caretaker to use #AskMeAboutALS so that they can increase the awareness about the disease and get more therapies and cure. The main aim of the campaign is to create more information among population about the ALS.
- In November 2018, Biohaven announced that they have received FDA acceptance of 505(b)(2) NDA filing for BHV-0223 which is designed for the treatment of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). This is a lower dose formulation which when kept under tongue has the ability to get dissolved in seconds. This new treatment is very beneficial for the people who are living with ALS.
Global ALS treatment market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of ALS treatment market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global ALS treatment market are Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Corporation, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, Sanofi, Mylan N.V., Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., ASURAGEN, INC., Als BioPharma LLC., CYTOKINETICS, INC., CENTOGENE AG, AcuraStem, Bach Pharma, Inc., AB Science, Neurimmune, Amylyx Pharmaceuticals Inc., Biogen International, MediciNova, Inc., Immunity Pharma Ltd., Biohaven Pharmaceuticals., BrainStorm Cell Limited., and others.
Research Methodology: Global ALS Treatment Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global ALS treatment market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)