Global Antimicrobial Agent Market By Product (Antibacterial Agent, Antifungal Agent, Antiviral Agent, Antiparasitic Agent), Type (Organic, Inorganic), Form (Dry, Liquid), Application (Plastics, Paint & Coatings, Pulp & Paper, Personal Care & Cosmetics, Others), End-User (Healthcare, Packaging, Food & Beverages, Construction, Automotive, Others), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Antimicrobial Agent Market
Global antimicrobial agent market is expected to register a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data from the base year of 2018 and the historic year of 2017. This rise in market value can be attributed to the focus of various industries and domains to adopt safety and precautionary measures in their operations.
Market Definition: Global Antimicrobial Agent Market
Antimicrobial agents are compounds that are utilized as disinfectant chemicals in a number of different applications. These agents find their usage in a number of different applications as they can inhibit the presence of different microorganisms and microbes by killing them or acting as restrictors of their growth.
- Increasing usage of these agents for personal care & cosmetics manufacturing; this factor is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Growing prevalence of individuals suffering from allergies; this factor is expected to propel the growth of the market
- Growing areas of applications due to the growth of medical devices consumption; this factor is expected to fuel the growth of the market
- Rising demand for antimicrobial packaging is expected to have a positive impact on the growth of the market
- High costs associated with these products and their usage in different applications; this factor is expected to hinder the growth of the market
- Presence of various regulations regarding the usage of these agents in different applications; this factor is expected to restrict the growth of the market
Segmentation: Global Antimicrobial Agent Market
- Antibacterial Agent
- Antifungal Agent
- Antiviral Agent
- Antiparasitic Agent
- Paint & Coatings
- Pulp & Paper
- Personal Care & Cosmetics
- Skin Care Products
- Hair Care Products
- Oral Care Products
- Make-Up Products
- Other Cosmetics
- Food & Beverages
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In June 2019, SANITIZED AG announced the availability of “Sanitized Mintactiv” their latest antimicrobial additive infused with peppermint. This product has been developed keeping a focus on the requirements of odor-free textile applicable antimicrobial products which can meet the various individual requirements of sustainability while being highly effective against gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria
- In November 2017, Ampacet announced the launch of “GERMSCLEAN 684”, which is defined as an antimicrobial additive applicable in protection of plastics and plastic-based articles with the help of silver-based technology. This additive finds its application in plastic film and moulding of plastics offering long-term protection against communication of diseases and bacteria
Global antimicrobial agent market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of antimicrobial agent market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global antimicrobial agent market are Nanobiomatters; BASF SE; RTP Company; Microban International; Clariant; Momentive; Life Material Technologies Limited; RADICAL MATERIALS LTD.; SANITIZED AG; Akzo Nobel N.V.; DuPont and Dow; BioCote Limited; Plastics Color Corporation; Ampacet Corporation; Lonza; Croda International Plc; Solvay; Evonik Industries AG; Wacker Chemie AG among others.
Research Methodology: Global Antimicrobial Agent Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved