Global Aphakia Market By Types (Primary, Secondary), Cause (Congenital Aphakia, Surgical Aphakia, Acquired Aphakia), Treatment (Spectacles, Contact Lenses, Intraocular Lens Implantation, Refractive Surgery), End Users (Hospitals, Ophthalmic Clinics and Others), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026 – Industry Trends & Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Aphakia Market
Global aphakia market is expected to register a substantial CAGR of 9.9% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in the market can be attributed to the increasing demand for treatment of the ophthalmic disease, rapid development in healthcare sector and increased geriatric population.
Market Definition: Global Aphakia Market
The condition in which there is absence or dislocation of the crystalline eye lens from its normal position of pupillary area is termed as “Aphakia”. Largely responsible due to the existence of trauma and congenital conditions or after surgery for cataract removal. Some of the factors such as rising prevalence of diseases such as diabetes & trauma and growing number of accident have contributed to the growth of the aphakia market.
According to Journal of Acute Disease, trauma is considered as one of the major health problems worldwide which causes about 10% of the deaths and induces 5.1 million deaths per year. Out of all the deaths 90% of trauma deaths occurred in the low- and middle-income countries.
Also, according National Center for Biotechnology Information, in 2017, around 451 million people suffered with diabetes globally.
- Increasing demand for treatment of the ophthalmic disease
- Rapid development in healthcare sector
- Increased geriatric population
- Increase in the funds in healthcare sector
- Expensive surgeries
- Less treatment availability hampers the market
- Limited number of professionals
Segmentation: Global Aphakia Market
- Congenital Aphakia
- Surgical Aphakia
- Acquired Aphakia
- Traumatic Extrusion
- Posterior Dislocation
- Contact Lenses
- Intraocular Lens Implantation
- Refractive Surgery
- Hyperopic Lasik
- Ophthalmic Clinics
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In January 2017, CooperVision, Inc. announced the commencement of its limited rollout of Avaira Vitality toric which is the latest technological advancement in the two-week contact lens and addition to the new Avaira Vitality family. This new lens is made up of silicone hydrogel material (fanfilcon A) which helps it to deliver best of Avaira toric having a higher water content of 55) along with high level of oxygen permeability and transmissibility. All these advantages results in an improved lens-wearing experience. It also provides UV protection which means these lenses can now block more than 90% of UVA and 99% of UVB rays. All these developments are accessible at the same reasonable price point as Avaira toric.
Competitive Analysis: Global Aphakia Market
Global aphakia market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of Global aphakia market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Aphakia Market
Few of the major market competitors currently working in the global aphakia market are Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., Ophtec BV, Novartis AG, Bausch Health (Valeant), ZEISS International, Rayner Intraocular Lenses Limited, Bohus BioTech AB, Lifecore Biomedical, LLC, Aetna Inc., The Cooper Companies Inc., Menicon Co., Ltd., Labtician Ophthalmics, Inc., Artificial Eye Co., Contact Fill, ALLERGAN, MJS Lens Technology Ltd., Alsanza Medizintechnik und Pharma GmbH, Abbott and UltraVision CLPL among others.
Research Methodology: Global Aphakia Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global aphakia market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)