Market Analysis: Global API Testing Market
The market is expected to rise to an estimated value of USD 2531.66 million by 2026, registering a healthy CAGR of 20.45% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The rise in the market can be attributed to the growing adoption of API strategies by businesses, rising complexities in the IT sector and the implementation of advanced techniques for software development, which boosts the demand for API testing.
Market Definition: Global API Testing Market
API stands for application program interface. It is used to build software, and facilitates communication between software programs. It deals with access to the application without a user interface through collective form of software function and procedures. It is a testing software that checks if the functionality, reliability, performance, security are met, ensuring that the desires of the applications and developers are met beforehand. API software is less time consuming than that of GUI testing. XML or JSON can be used to exchange data which are language independent. It has its wide application in IT and telecommunication banking, financial services, and insurance, retail and ecommerce, media and entertainment, healthcare, manufacturing, government.
- Businesses adopting open API strategies
- Adoption of agile practices for software development
- Complexities in the IT sector and the need for testing the performance, drive the market for this demand
- Implementation of modern techniques of agile and DevOps practices for software development, requires the adoption of modern testing methods thereby driving the demand for API testing
- Data regulations and policies
- Problems relating to safety and privacy of data hinder the growth of this market
Segmentation: Global API Testing Market
By Deployment Model
- API Testing Tools/Software
- API Testing Services
- Managed Services
- Professional Services
- Cloud integration and migration
- Training and consulting
- IT and Telecommunication Banking
- Financial Services
- Retail and Ecommerce
- Media and Entertainment
By Organization Size
- Large Companies
- Small and Mid-sized Businesses
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In January 2017, Oracle acquired Apiary a pioneer in API management, with a focus on assisting companies running in a digitally advanced economy and API expansion. With this acquisition, Oracle would be able to help its clients in managing their entire API lifestyle and provide integrated applications.
- In November 2018, Broadcom Inc., a worldwide leader in developing and supplying semiconductors and software solutions acquired CA Technologies, leader in API Management and software solutions consisting of Project Portfolio Management, Agile Planning and Requirements, Automation. With this acquisition, this would enhance Broadcom’s position, and help serve its clients better.
Competitive Analysis: Global API Testing Market
Global API testing market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of API testing market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Major Market Competitors/Players: Global API Testing Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the API testing market are Astegic Inc., Axway, Bleum, Broadcom, CYGNET INFOTECH, IBM, Inflectra Corporation, Infosys Limited, Load Impact AB., LogiGear Corporation, Micro Focus, Nevatech, Inc., PARASOFT, Tricentis, Vector Software, Inc., SmartBear Software, Oracle, QualityLogic, Runscope, Centrify Corporation, QSG, SendGrid, Sybrant Technologies, among others.
Research Methodology: Global API Testing Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key Market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the Market Segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved