Global Application-Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC) Market By Type (Full Custom ASIC, Semi-Custom ASIC, Programmable ASIC), End Use (Telecommunication, Industrial, Automotive Consumer Electronics), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Application-Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC) Market
Global application-specific integrated circuit (ASIC) is set to witness a healthy CAGR of 9.70% in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026. The growing need for better management of the workforce and increasing application of integrated circuits in IT & Telecommunication is the major factor for the growth of this market.
Market Definition: Global Application-Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC) Market
Application specific integrated circuits or microchips are designed within an electronics device and are optimal replacement for traditional FPGA (Field-Programmable Gate Array) due to their high performance and low power consumption. ASIC unique features are its compact size; they are lightweight, affordability compared to others. They have high-bandwidth and due to its better battery life it can be used in many applications. They are widely used in industries like telecommunication, automotive, industrial etc.
- Rising demand for smartphones and tablets will drive market
- Advancement in technology and development of ASIC
- Affordability of ASIC is also leading to market expansion
- The energy efficient solutions and low cost of implementation are factors driving the market
- Inconsistency of technologies in industries such as semiconductor & electronics will hamper the market growth
- Rapid evolution of the electronics industry will restrain the growth of this market.
Global Application-Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC) Market Segmentation:
- Full Custom ASIC
- Semi-Custom ASIC
- Cell Based
- Array Based
- Programmable ASIC
By End Use
- Consumer Electronics
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In April 2018, Cyient Limited announced that its subsidiary Cyient Europe Ltd has acquired AnSem N.V., so that they can develop smart analog sensors to capture data and analytics solutions to provide actionable insights. This will benefit Cylient in providing efficient customer support and add on wide product portfolio. Such merger and acquisition will enable the expansion of ASIC market in the forecasting future.
- In July 2018, Intel announced its acquisition of eASIC which develops designs for structured ASICs. This acquisition will help the Intel to allow their customers to integrate reprogrammable technology within a Xeon package to improve workflow, enable performance and save power and cost. This acquisition will enable Intel to have a better vertical integration of this technology, and strengthen their position in the market.
Global application-specific integrated circuit (ASIC) market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of application-specific integrated circuit (ASIC) market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global application-specific integrated circuit (ASIC) are Intel Corporation, Texas Instruments Incorporated, STMicroelectronics, Infineon Technologies AG, Renesas Electronics Corporation, Maxim Integrated, Analog Devices, Inc, Semiconductor Components Industries, LLC., NXP Semiconductors, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
Research Methodology: Global Application-Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC) Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include vendor positioning grid, market time line analysis, market overview and guide, company positioning grid, company market share analysis, standards of measurement, top to bottom analysis and vendor share analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Competitive analysis of key competitors involved in the market
- Complete analysis of market segmentation and which segments are set to flourish in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026
- Market drivers and restraints analysis along with the analysis of the market structure