Global Apraxia Drug Market By Types (Limb Apraxia, Constructional Apraxia, Dressing Apraxia, Verbal Apraxia and Others), Drugs Class (Neuromuscular Blocking Agent, Antiparkinson agents, Anticholinergic Agents, Anticonvulsants and Others), Therapy (Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, Physical Therapy), Treatment (Medication and Supportive Care), Route of Administration (Oral and Parenteral), Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacy, Retail Pharmacy, Online Pharmacy), End-Users (Hospitals, Homecare, Specialty Clinics and Others), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Apraxia Drug Market
Global apraxia drug market is growing at a steady CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data of the base year 2018 and historic year 2017. This rise in market value can be attributed to the increasing prevalence of neurological disorders, increasing investment of biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries in R&D, and rising need for the better treatment methods increasing healthcare expenditure.
Market Definition: Global Apraxia Drug Market
Apraxia is rare CNS disorder, a condition in which a person is unable to perform a task or movement despite having the physical capability and desire to carry it out. Apraxia occurs due to damaging of the brain tissues (specifically the posterior parietal cortex) which causes problem in motor coordination of the body. Symptoms include delayed onset of movements, difficulty in speaking among others.
According to American Speech Language Hearing Association (ASHA), it estimates that childhood apraxia of speech (CAS) occur in 1 to 2 children per 1,000 (0.1%–0.2%) and with a ratio of 2-3:1, it is estimated to be higher in male children in comparison to female children.
- Increasing prevalence of neurological disorders is driving the market growth
- Increasing investment of biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries in R&D also acts as a market driver
- Rising need for the better treatment methods is expected to drive the market growth
- Increasing global healthcare expenditure drives the market growth
- No approved drug for apraxia is found yet which hampers the market growth
- High cost of treatment for this disorder acts as a market restraint a
- Insufficient number of healthcare professional for physical therapy also restricts the market growth
Segmentation: Global Apraxia Drug Market
- Limb Apraxia
- Constructional Apraxia
- Dressing Apraxia
- Verbal Apraxia
By Drugs Class
- Neuromuscular Blocking Agent
- Antiparkinson Agents
- Anticholinergic Agents
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Supportive Care
By Route of Administration
By Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Retail Pharmacy
- Online Pharmacy
- Specialty Clinics
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market
- In August 2019, University of Miami is developing a Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) device for the treatment of primary progressive apraxia of speech. This device provides physical therapy to the patients and it is a noninvasive form of brain stimulation. If approved this device will provide the potential treatment for the patients with apraxia and improve their quality of life
- In February 2019, Murdoch Children's Research Institute has made a breakthrough in identifying a potential cause of the most severe childhood apraxia of speech (CAS). A better understanding of potential cause of the most severe childhood apraxia of speech (CAS) will assist the neuroscientists and speech pathologists in developing more targeted treatments for children
Global apraxia drug market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of apraxia drug for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Players:
The key market players in the global apraxia drug market are Pfizer Inc, Sunovion Pharmaceuticals Inc, BlackThorn Therapeutics, Abide Therapeutics, Inc, Cogstate Ltd, Bioanalytical Systems, Inc, Salarius Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Assertio Therapeutics, Inc, Implicit Bioscience, Otsuka Holdings Co. Ltd, UCB Pharma Ltd, Solvay, Novartis AG, AbbVie Inc, Abbott, Neurocrine Biosciences, Inc, Orion Corporation, Prexton Therapeutics, Biogen among others.
Research Methodology: Global Apraxia Drug Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technical Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report:
- Current and future of global apraxia drug market outlook in the developed and emerging markets.
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period.
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period.
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players.