Global Atherectomy Devices Market By Product (Directional Atherectomy Systems, Orbital Atherectomy Systems, Photo-Ablative (Laser) Atherectomy Systems, Rotational Atherectomy Systems, Support Devices), Application (Peripheral Vascular Applications, Cardiovascular Applications, Neurovascular Applications), End- User (Hospitals & Surgical Centers, Ambulatory Care Centers, Research Laboratories & Academic Institutes), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Atherectomy Devices Market
Global atherectomy devices market is set to witness a substantial CAGR of 6.27% in the forecast period of 2019- 2026. The report contains data of the base year 2018 and historic year 2017. Increasing R&D activity in field of atherectomy and rising healthcare expenditure are the factor for the growth of this market.
Market Definition: Global Atherectomy Devices Market
Atherectomy is a minimally invasive endovascular surgical process which is used to remove the atherosclerosis from blood vessels within the body. This is a substitute of angioplasty which is used for the diagnosis of peripheral artery disease. The concept of atherectomy is based on obtaining significant lumen by clearing plaque and calcified lesions from the artery which helps in restoring the blood flow of arteries. They are widely used in application such as cardiovascular, neurovascular and peripheral vascular.
- Favorable scenario for medical refund will also enhance the market
- Rising demand for minimally invasive procedures will also drive the growth of this market
- Increasing product development will drive the market growth
- Growing prevalence of targeted disease will also contribute as a factor for the growth of this market
- Increasing usage of drug-coated balloons in atherectomy procedures will also drive the growth
- Lack of skilled and trained professional will restrain the market growth
- Dearth of level 1 evidence for atherectomy will also hamper the growth of this market
- Limited awareness among population regarding the disease diagnose will also restrict the market growth
Segmentation: Global Atherectomy Devices Market
- Directional Atherectomy Systems
- Orbital Atherectomy Systems
- Photo-Ablative (Laser) Atherectomy Systems
- Rotational Atherectomy Systems
- Support Devices
- Peripheral Vascular Applications
- Cardiovascular Applications
- Neurovascular Applications
- Hospitals & Surgical Centers
- Ambulatory Care Centers
- Research Laboratories & Academic Institutes
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In June 2017, Royal Philips announced the acquisition of The Spectranetics Corporation this will help them to expand their Image-Guided Therapy Business Group. The device portfolio of Spectranetics involves a variety of laser atherectomy catheters for treating laser-energy blockages in both coronary and peripheral arteries. This acquisition will help them to strengthen their market position and expand their market
- In November 2015, The Spectranetics Corporation announced that they have received FDA clearance for Turbo-Power which is a laser atherectomy catheter which is specially designed for the treatment of in-stent restenosis (ISR) in peripheral arteries. The Turbo-Power catheter is intended to treat the maximum luminal increase at the tip with vaporizing technology
Global atherectomy devices market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of atherectomy devices market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global atherectomy devices market are Koninklijke Philips N.V., Medtronic, Cardiovascular Systems, Inc., Boston Scientific Corporation, BD, STRAUB MEDICAL AG, Biomerics, Ra Medical Systems, VOLCANO CORPORATION., Avinger, Abbott, Cardinal Health., Eximo Medical Ltd, Terumo Europe NV, among others.
Research Methodology: Global Atherectomy Devices Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global atherectomy devices market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)