Global Automated Material Handling Market By Offering (System, Software, Services), System Type (Bulk Load Material Handling Systems, Unit Load Material Handling Systems), Function (Storage, Transportation), Industry (Automotive, Semiconductor and Electronics, Metals and Heavy machinery, Pharmaceuticals, Food and Beverages, Retail, Construction, E-commerce, Chemicals, Paper, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Middle East & Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Automated material handling can be defined as automation within the manufacturing unit or the production unit which is responsible for the procurement of the raw material to the delivering of the finished goods to the intended consumer. It eliminates the need for the human work within the manufacturing premises. Equipment which are being used in automated material handling are known as material handling equipment which has the major function of protection, movement, storage and control of the material, products or the goods within the whole process of manufacturing, distribution, consumption and disposal. Some of the transport equipment is transport equipment which includes conveyors, cranes, industrial trucks, positioning equipment, unit load formation equipment, storage equipment. Automated material handling has the ability to increase the productivity, scalability, and operational efficiency by minimizing the chances of error or defect. Global automated material handling market is projected to register a CAGR of 7.9% in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
Segmentation: Global Automated Material Handling Market
Global automated material handling market is segmented into four notable segments which are offering, system type, function, industry.
- On the basis of offering, the market is segmented into system, software and services.
- In November 2018, EDEKA Handelsgesellschaft Nord mbH expands logistic centre with WITRON. The new logistic centre in Zarrentin will be having two additional COMs (Case Order Machines) from WITRON, during ongoing operations. Modular extensibility is the key aspect for which this expansion will be carried out.
- On the basis of system type, the market is segmented into unit load material handling systems, bulk load material handling systems.
- In June 2018, KNAPP AB opened new central warehouse for Atea. Atea is the leading Nordic and Baltic supplier of IT infrastructure. It will be used for picking, distribution in the production area. This new plant is fully automated with OSR Shuttle solution.
- On the basis of function, the market is segmented into transportation and storage.
- In April 2019, MECALUX, S.A. has Expanded More than +15,000 locations in the new Fruveco warehouse in Spain. The company Fruveco a frozen vegetable producer has chosen Mecalux once again to carry out the ambitious logistics project. As this will help in organizing stocks automatically. The chambers will be comprised of 8 to 14 pallet-deep blocks of racks with the automatic Pallet Shuttle hence this will help in arranging and managing the products. Overall, WMS will manage 15,931 storage locations.
- On the basis of industry, the market is segmented into automotive, metals and heavy machinery, food and beverages, chemicals, semiconductor and electronics, pharmaceuticals, construction, paper, regular retail, E- commerce and others.
- In October 2018, WITRON logistic awarded the contract to design and construct the new "National Logistics Center" in Nieuwegein by company Jumbo Supermarkten BV. The Jumbo Supermarkets is the second largest grocery retailer in the Netherlands. The WITRON is going to do the entire planning and implementation of all IT, control and mechanical components. This system will supply around 12,000 different dry goods assortment items to all Jumbo branches and sales channels.
Competitive Analysis: Global Automated Material Handling Market
Some of the prominent participants operating in this market are GreyOrange pte ltd., GEEK+ INC., Scallog, Eiratech Robotics, Dematic, Witron, TGW Logistics Group, Knapp AG, Arcadis, Mecalux, S.A., Naumann/Hobbs Material Handling, Conveyco, Daifuku co., ltd., IAM Robotics, Material Handling Systems, Swisslog Holding Ltd., Schaefer Systems International, Amber Industries Limited, Advanced Automated Systems, Inc., Taylor Material Handling & Conveyor, l3 Technologies, Inc. Product Launch
- In April 2019, the company designed, manufactured and installed high temperature mesh belt floor conveyor which is ideal to be used in drying ovens and tunnel ovens. Such new launches will help the market to grow in future.
- In September 2018, Dematic announced the release of a freezer-rated narrow aisle reach AGV, which is designed to operate autonomously in chilled and freezer environments, it can operate at temperatures down to -10°F as low as -20°F.
- In June 2018, SmartLine Cross Transfer a new product is added to the Advance SmartLine range. This product is specially designed to utilise the transfer of SmartLine tote and carton handling.
Research Methodology: Global Automated Material Handling Market
Primary Respondents: OEMs, Manufacturers, Engineers, Industrial Professionals. Industry Participants: CEO’s, V.P.’s, Marketing/Product Managers, Market Intelligence Managers and, National Sales Managers.