Global Automatic Identification System Market By Class (Class A AIS, Class B AIS, AIS Base Stations), By Platform (Vessel-Based Platform, Onshore-Based Platform), By Application (Fleet Management, Vessel Tracking, Maritime Security), By Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2025
Market Analysis: Global Automatic Identification System Market
The Global Automatic Identification System Market is expected to reach USD 305 Million by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 5.8% during the forecast period of 2018 to 2025. The upcoming market report contains data for historic years 2014 & 2015, the base year of calculation is 2016 and the forecast period is 2018 to 2025.
Market Definition: Global Automatic Identification System Market
This market report defines the market trends and forecast the upcoming opportunities and threats of the automatic identification system market in the next 8 years. Automatic identification system (AIS) is an automated tracking system widely used in the marine for the transfer of navigational informational between AIS-equipped terminals. It is used on ships for vessel traffic services .It is a transmission system which functions in the vhf mobile maritime band. If AIS is not installed or switched on the ship t there will be no exchange of information. The AIS on board must be switched on all the time until being asked to turn off for security reasons or anything else. The working mode of AIS is continuous and autonomous. AIS consists of a transponder system through which ships constantly transmit their id, position, course, speed and other data over vhf. This information is further used by other ships to track their movements and by coast stations for coastal surveillance and vessel traffic management. There are various regulation in this market for instance, in 2007 international marine organization (IMO) announced that AIS has to be tailored in all ships of 300 gross tonnage, cargo ships of 500 gross tonnage and all passenger ships regardless of size and this became operative for all ships by December 2004.
Major Market Drivers and Restraints:
- Improved navigation and maritime traffic management
- Better coastal surveillance
- Increasing government regulations to use AIS due to rising safety concerns.
- Difficult to track range and reporting capabilities
Market Segmentation: Global Automatic Identification System Market
- The global automatic identification system market is segmented into class, application, platform, and by geography.
- Based on class, the global automatic identification system market is segmented into class A AIS, class B AIS, and AIS base stations.
- On the basis of platform, the global automatic identification system market is segmented into vessel-based platform and onshore-based platform.
- On the basis of application, the global automatic identification system market is segmented into fleet management, vessel tracking, maritime security and other applications.
- Based on geography, the global automatic identification system market report covers data points for 28 countries across multiple geographies namely north America & south America, Europe, Asia-Pacific And, Middle East & Africa. Some of the major countries covered in this report are U.S., Canada, Germany, France, U.K., Netherlands, Switzerland, Turkey, Russia, China, India, South Korea, Japan, Australia, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and, Brazil among others.
Competitive Analysis: Global Automatic Identification System Market
The global automatic identification system market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of automatic identification system market for global, Europe, North America, Asia pacific and South America.
Major Market Competitors/Players: Global Automatic Identification System Market
Some of the major players operating in the global automatic identification system market are Saab, FURUNO ELECTRIC CO., LTD., exactEarth., ORBCOMM, Kongsberg Gruppen, L3 Technologies, Inc., Japan Radio Co., Garmin Ltd., CNS Systems, Transas., ComNav Marine Ltd. True Heading AB, Wärtsilä, Jotron AS, FLIR Systems, ACR Electronics, Inc., ONWA Marine Electronics Co. Ltd., Simrad, SRT Marine Systems plc, exactEarth, among others.
Research Methodology: Global Automatic Identification System Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
Demand Side Primary Contributors: OEMs, Industrial Professionals, Researches, Suppliers and Distributors, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, Investors among others.
Supply Side Primary Contributors: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, Regulatory Affairs Managers among others