Global Automotive Lead Acid Batteries Market By Product Type (SLI, Stationary, Motive), Type (Flooded Batteries, Enhanced Flooded Batteries, VRLA Batteries), Vehicle type (Passenger Cars, Commercial Vehicles, Two-Wheelers, HEV Cars), Application (Electric Vehicles, Hybrid Vehicles, Light Motor Vehicles, Heavy Motor Vehicles), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Automotive Lead Acid Batteries Market
Global Automotive Lead Acid Batteries Market is expected to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 38.84 billion in 2018 to an estimated value of USD 54.39 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 4.3% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the growing demand for electric and hybrid electric vehicles.
Market Definition: Global Automotive Lead Acid Batteries Market
Lead acid batteries are the devices used for storage of electricity that be used during an emergency or wherever power supply connection is not available. Governments have started offering subsidies to manufacture low cost electric vehicles, which do not pollute the environment. Growing demand for automotive lead acid batteries in electric vehicles, hybrid vehicles, light motor vehicles, and heavy motor vehicles is expected to be a key driver of the market over the next seven years. Market Drivers:
- Advancements in manufacturing processes of lead acid batteries, this significant act as a driver to the market.
- Government subsidiaries and stringent regulations regarding pollution emission, this significant act as a driver to the market.
- High lead content can harm the environment, this act as restraints to the market.
Segmentation: Global Automotive Lead Acid Batteries Market
By Product Type
- Flooded Batteries
- Enhanced Flooded Batteries
- VRLA Batteries
- Vehicle type
- Passenger Cars
- Commercial Vehicles
- HEV Cars
- Vehicle type
- Electric Vehicles
- Hybrid Vehicles
- Light Motor Vehicles
- Heavy Motor Vehicles
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In August 2017, C&D Technologies announced that they have been acquired by an affiliate of KPS Capital Partners, this new partnership enable C&D to invest in upgrading its plants and a range of growth initiatives that gave benefit to the customers.
- In March 2016, GS Yuasa introduced the SLR-1000 Advanced Nano-Carbon Lead Acid battery. This new SLR-1000 is a 2-volt Advanced Lead battery which provides an unprecedented 5000 cycles at 70% depth of discharge.
Global automotive lead acid batteries market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of automotive lead acid batteries market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa. Key Market Competitors: Few of the major competitors currently working in the automotive lead acid batteries market are Johnson Controls (US), Exide Technologies (US), GS Yuasa International Ltd. (Japan), Middle East Battery Company (Saudi Arabia), Reem Batteries & Power Appliances Co. SAOC (Oman), ENERSYS (US), Saft (France), NorthStar (USA), C&D TECHNOLOGIES (US), Robert Bosch GmbH (Germany), East Penn Manufacturing Company (US), Panasonic Corporation (Japan), Trojan Battery Company (US), SAMSUNG SDI CO.,LTD (South Korea), Leoch Battery Corporation (China), EXIDE INDUSTRIES LTD (India), CENTURY BATTERIES INDONESIA (Indonesia), Tai Mao Battery Co., Ltd (France), Infocom Network Limited (Thailand), Hitachi Chemical Energy Technology Co. Ltd (china), and others.
Research Methodology: Global Automotive Lead Acid Batteries Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry. The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved