Global Automotive Shielding Market By Material Type (Metallic Shield, Non-Metallic Shield), Shielding Type (Heat Shielding, EMI Shielding), Vehicle Type (Passenger Vehicles, Commercial Vehicles), EV Type (BEV, PHEV, HEV, FCEV), Heat Application (Turbocharger, Engine Compartment, Exhaust System), EMI Application (Infotainment, Electric Motor, ECM, ACC, FCW, LDW, IPA), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Automotive Shielding Market
Global automotive shielding is expected to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 7.41 billion in 2018 to an estimated value of USD 13.19 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 7.48% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the overall growth of the automobile industry.
Market Definition: Global Automotive Shielding Market
Automotive shielding is a type of protective layer installed over the components of the vehicles protecting them from the heat radiated in the operations of the vehicles, or the electromagnetic dispersions from the electrical components and devices present in the vehicles. This shielding protects other parts and devices present in the vehicle from being affected by isolating the harmful components over to one part.
- Increasing demand and sales of vehicles globally; this factor is expected to act as a driver for the market growth
- Increasing levels of adoption of electrical devices and equipments requiring EMI shielding solutions
- Advancements and innovative activities undergoing in the automobile market resulting in minimization of EMI in vehicles
Segmentation: Global Automotive Shielding Market
- By Material Type
- Metallic Shield
- Non-Metallic Shield
- By Shielding Type
- Heat Shielding
- EMI Shielding
- By Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicles
- Commercial Vehicles
- Light Commercial Vehicles (LCV)
- Heavy Commercial Vehicles (HCV)
- By Electric Vehicle (EV) Type
- Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV)
- Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV)
- Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV)
- Fuel Cell Electric Vehicle (FCEV)
- By Heat Application
- Engine Compartment
- Exhaust System
- By EMI Application
- Electric Motor
- Engine Control Module (ECM)
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW)
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
- Intelligent Park Assist (IPA)
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- North America
Key Developments in the Market:
- In March 2018, ElringKlinger AG announced their plans to expand their production capabilities and facilities for thermal and acoustic shielding. The plant expected to be operational by 2022 is situated in Fort Wayne, United States.
- In March 2018, Tech-Etch, Inc. announced the launch of EMI/RFI shielding low-profile, clip-on gasket. The clip-on features of this shielding equipment make the product extremely durable and help in safe installation.
Competitive Analysis: Global Automotive Shielding Market
Global automotive shielding market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of automotive shielding market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Automotive Shielding Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the automotive shielding market are Dana Limited; 3M; ElringKlinger AG; Marian, Inc.; SCHAFFNER HOLDING AG; PARKER HANNIFIN CORP; Laird; Tenneco Inc.; Tech-Etch, Inc.; Henkel AG & Co. KGaA; Morgan Advanced Materials; Kitagawa Corporation; RTP Company; Seal Methods Inc., and S&A Industries,.
Research Methodology: Global Automotive Shielding Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved