Global Autonomous Emergency Braking Market By Brake Type (Drum Brake, Disc Brake), Technology (Camera-Based, Fusion-Based, LiDAR-Based, RaDAR-Based), Application (Forward Emergency Braking System, Multi-Directional Emergency Braking System, Reverse Emergency Braking System), Brake Usage (Forward Collision Warning, Dynamic Brake Support, Crash Imminent Braking), Operating Speed (High Speed Inter-Urban, Low Speed-City, Pedestrian/Vulnerable Road Users), Components (Actuators, Audible Buzzers, Controllers, Sensors, Visual Indicators), Level of Automation Driving (Autonomous, Semi-Autonomous), Vehicle Type (ICE, Electric & Hybrid Vehicles), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Autonomous Emergency Braking Market
Global autonomous emergency braking market is expected to register a healthy CAGR of 18.47% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data from the base year of 2018 and the historic year of 2017. This rise in market value can be attributed to the increasing prevalence of government regulations regarding the prevention of accidents and crashes along with increasing concerns regarding driver and pedestrian’s safety.
Market Definition: Global Autonomous Emergency Braking Market
Autonomous emergency braking is the application of a combination of various technologies of sensors, cameras, software service vehicular components where in these systems are activated when the vehicle is moving above a certain speed. This system either inform the user of any collision warning or even apply the brakes itself to avoid any accident. This system continuously checks the vehicle surroundings for any pedestrians or obstacles while monitoring the vehicle speed.
- Rise in the levels of spending power of individuals, is expected to improve the growth levels of the market
- Increasing adoption and sales of vehicles globally, is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Rising number of accidents and collisions of vehicles, is expected to foster growth in the market
- Technological advancements and increased prevalence of autonomous technology in automotive industry, is expected to positively affect the growth of the market
- Large costs associated with the integration of these systems, is expected to hinder the growth of the market
- Lack of technological infrastructure in developing regions of the world and complications arising due to this factor, is expected to hinder the growth of the market
Global Autonomous Emergency Braking Market Segmentation:
By Brake Type
- Drum Brake
- Disc Brake
- Light Detection and Ranging-Based (LiDAR)
- Radio Detection and Ranging-Based (RaDAR)
- Forward Emergency Braking System
- Multi-Directional Emergency Braking System
- Reverse Emergency Braking System
By Brake Usage
- Forward Collision Warning
- Dynamic Brake Support
- Crash Imminent Braking
By Operating Speed
- High Speed Inter-Urban
- Low Speed-City
- Pedestrian/Vulnerable Road Users
- Audible Buzzers
- Visual Indicators
By Level of Automation Driving
By Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicles
- Commercial Vehicles
- Light Commercial Vehicles (LCV)
- Heavy Commercial Vehicles (HCV)
- Electric & Hybrid Vehicles
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In June 2019, KPS Capital Partners announced that they agreed with Hitachi Automotive Systems, Ltd. to sell their company “Chasis Brakes International Group”. It is one of the largest manufacturers of braking systems. This acquisition will significantly expand the geographical presence of Hitachi Automotive Systems along with various manufacturing facilities associated with the company.
- In March 2019, ZF Friedrichshafen AG announced that they had agreed to merge with WABCO Holdings Inc. This merger will reportedly combine two of the largest innovators for the automotive industry providing leadership capabilities to the industry for safety, efficiency, braking systems, and autonomous applications in commercial and passenger vehicles. This merger will further provide innovation capabilities due to the expertise of both the organizations.
Global autonomous emergency braking market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of autonomous emergency braking market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global autonomous emergency braking market are Autoliv Inc., Robert Bosch GmbH, Continental AG, Aptiv, Magna International Inc., Mobileye, Tesla, AUDI AG, Daimler AG, AB Volvo, Volkswagen AG, MITSUBISHI MOTORS CORPORATION, BMW AG, Ford Motor Company, General Motors, Hyundai Motor Company, Mazda Motor Corporation, Honda Motor Co., Ltd., Groupe PSA, Nissan, Valeo, Mando Corp., AISIN SEIKI Co., Ltd., ZF Friedrichshafen AG, among others.
Research Methodology: Global Autonomous Emergency Braking Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved