Global Autonomous Underwater Vehicle (AUV) Market, By Type (Shallow AUVs (Up to 100 Meters), Medium AUVs (Up to 1,000 Meters), Large AUVs (More Than 1,000 Meters)), Technology (Collision Avoidance, Communication, Navigation, Propulsion, Imaging), Payload Type (Cameras, Sensors, Synthetic Aperture Sonars, Echo Sounders, Acoustic Doppler Current Profilers, Others), Application (Military and Defence, Oil and Gas, Environmental Protection and Monitoring, Oceanography, Archaeology and Exploration, Search and Salvage Operations), Shape (Torpedo, Laminar Flow Body, Streamlined Rectangular Style, Multi-Hull Vehicle), Country (U.S., Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Rest of South America, Germany, Italy, U.K., France, Spain, Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland, Turkey, Russia, Rest of Europe, Japan, China, India, South Korea, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, Rest of Asia-Pacific, Saudi Arabia, U.A.E, South Africa, Egypt, Israel, Rest of Middle East and Africa) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2028
Autonomous underwater vehicle (AUV) market is expected to reach USD 2,706.91 million by 2028 witnessing market growth at a rate of 19.80% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research report on autonomous underwater vehicle (AUV) market provides analysis and insights regarding the various factors expected to be prevalent throughout the forecast period while providing their impacts on the market’s growth.
Autonomous underwater vehicles (AUV) are non-humanly powered vehicles. There are several kinds of them open, such as shallow, medium, and big. In addition, AUVs are fitted with technologies like connectivity, avoidance of collisions, navigation, imaging, and propulsion. AUVs, including sensors, cameras, and synthetic aperture sonars, can carry multiple or combinations of payloads, among others.
Rising defence spending of countries worldwide, increasing capital expenditure of companies in offshore oil and gas industry, rising application of autonomous underwater vehicles in oil and gas industry along with rising ocean research and increasing defence expenditures, surging levels of investment for the development of military sector, continuous development and advancement of technology in terms of design, software components increasing number of research activities in the oil and gas industry, coupled with the increasing government spending for sea water monitoring to maintain aquatic life balance are some of the major as well as vital factors which will likely to augment the growth of the autonomous underwater vehicle (AUV) market in the projected timeframe of 2021-2028. On the other hand, development and incorporation of advanced technologies in AUVs which will further contribute by generating massive opportunities that will lead to the growth of the autonomous underwater vehicle (AUV) market in the above mentioned projected timeframe.
Lack of high-levels security and concerns related to security of these software solutions are acting as market restraints for autonomous underwater vehicle (AUV) in the above mentioned projected timeframe. Slow underwater survey speed owing to use of acoustic communication which will become the biggest and foremost challenge for the growth of the market.
This autonomous underwater vehicle (AUV) market report provides details of new recent developments, trade regulations, import export analysis, production analysis, value chain optimization, market share, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, strategic market growth analysis, market size, category market growths, application niches and dominance, product approvals, product launches, geographic expansions, technological innovations in the market. To gain more info on autonomous underwater vehicle (AUV) market contact Data Bridge Market Research for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you take an informed market decision to achieve market growth.
Global Autonomous Underwater Vehicle (AUV) Market Scope and Market Size
Autonomous underwater vehicle (AUV) market is segmented on the basis of type, technology, payload type, application and shape. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- Autonomous underwater vehicle (AUV) market on the basis of type has been segmented as shallow AUVs (up to 100 Meters), medium AUVs (up to 1,000 meters), and large AUVs (more than 1,000 meters).
- Based on technology, the autonomous underwater vehicle (AUV) market has been segmented into collision avoidance, communication, navigation, propulsion, and imaging. Collision avoidance has been further segmented as sonars. Communication has been further segmented into acoustic communication, and satellite communication. Navigation has been further segmented into compass-based navigation solutions, and inertial navigation systems. Propulsion has been further segmented into fin control actuators, propulsion motors, pump motors, linear electromechanical actuators, and battery modules. Imaging has been further segmented into side-scan sonar (SSS) imagers, multibeam echo sounders (MBES), sub-bottom profilers (SBPS), and LED lighting.
- On the basis of payload type, the autonomous underwater vehicle (AUV) market has been segmented into cameras, sensors, synthetic aperture sonars, echo sounders, acoustic doppler current profilers, and others. Cameras have been further segmented into high resolution digital still cameras, and dual-eye cameras. Sensors have been further segmented into conductivity (Salinity), temperature, and depth (CTD) sensors; biogeochemical sensors; turbulence probes; sensors for oxygen, nitrate, chlorophyll, and photosynthetically active radiation (PAR). Others have been further segmented into automatic target identification systems, warning systems, automatic target detection systems, stabilized weapon systems, and ultra-short baseline (USBL) positioning systems.
- On the basis of application, the autonomous underwater vehicle (AUV) market has been segmented into military and defence, oil and gas, environmental protection and monitoring, oceanography, archaeology and exploration, search and salvage operations. Military and defence has been further segmented into border security and surveillance, antisubmarine warfare, monitoring smuggling of illegal goods, environmental assessment, and mine countermeasures. Oil and gas has been further segmented into pipeline surveys, geophysical surveys, debris/clearance surveys, and baseline environmental assessments. Environmental protection and monitoring has been further segmented into habitat research, water sampling, fishery study, and emergency response.
- Autonomous underwater vehicle (AUV) has also been segmented on the basis of shape into torpedo, laminar flow body, streamlined rectangular style, and multi-hull vehicle.
Autonomous Underwater Vehicle (AUV) Market Country Level Analysis
Autonomous underwater vehicle (AUV) market is analysed and market size, volume information is provided by country, type, technology, payload type, application, and shape as referenced above.
The countries covered in the autonomous underwater vehicle (AUV) market report are U.S., Canada and Mexico in North America, Brazil, Argentina and Rest of South America as part of South America, Germany, Italy, U.K., France, Spain, Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland, Turkey, Russia, Rest of Europe in Europe, Japan, China, India, South Korea, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, Rest of Asia-Pacific (APAC) in the Asia-Pacific (APAC), Saudi Arabia, U.A.E, South Africa, Egypt, Israel, Rest of Middle East and Africa (MEA) as a part of Middle East and Africa (MEA).
North America will dominate the autonomous underwater vehicle (AUV) market due to the increasing number of development activities along with stringent government regulations pertaining to maritime security in the region while Asia-Pacific region will expect to grow in the forecast period of 2021-2028 due to the prevalence of various market players in the region.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points like down-stream and upstream value chain analysis, technical trends and porter's five forces analysis, case studies are some of the pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, the presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of domestic tariffs and trade routes are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Competitive Landscape and Autonomous Underwater Vehicle (AUV) Market Share Analysis
Autonomous underwater vehicle (AUV) market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, regional presence, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product width and breadth, application dominance. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to autonomous underwater vehicle (AUV) market.
The major players covered in the autonomous underwater vehicle (AUV) market report are Kongsberg Maritime; Teledyne Marine; Bluebird Marine Systems Ltd.; ECA GROUP; Saab AB; Lockheed Martin Corporation; Fugro; ATLAS ELEKTRONIK GmbH; Boston Engineering Corporation.; International Submarine Engineering Limited; GRAAL, inc.; BAE Systems.; Boeing.; L3Harris Technologies, Inc.; Hydromea SA; General Dynamics Mission Systems, Inc.; SUBSEA 7; Autonomous Undersea Vehicle Applcations Center; Stone Aerospace, Inc.; Tiburon Subsea Inc.; among other domestic and global players. Market share data is available for global, North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), Middle East and Africa (MEA) and South America separately. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Customization Available : Global Autonomous Underwater Vehicle (AUV) Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in consulting and advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include production cost analysis, trade route analysis, price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), import export and grey area results data, literature review, consumer analysis and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.