Global Bag-in-Box Packaging Machine Market By Machine Type (Standalone, Integrated), Automation Type (Semi-Automatic, Automatic, Manual), Packaging Material (Plastic, Paper & Paperboard, Metal, Others), Output Capacity (10 Bags/min, 11-50 Bags/min, 51-100 Bags/min, Above 100 Bags/min), Filling Technology (Aseptic, Non-Aseptic), End User (Food & Beverages, Paints & Lubricants, Personal Care, Household Products, Healthcare, Others), Geography (Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa, South America) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Bag-in in-Box packaging, a sustainable part of flexible packaging has many benefits over rigid packaging such as hygienic filling, handling, storage, dispensing, no transfer of flavors, no residual product return, and recyclable packaging. Automated packaging machines are in mandatory demand in high range, as it helps to raise the amount of yield production for any kind of production for beverages in order to increase the consumption demand. Bag-in-box is used in wide range of applications such as in processing of food & beverages, healthcare, cosmetics, oil and paints products and many more. Sterilized bag-in-box products, gets stable in any normal condition and it do not require any cooling processes. The bag bag-in in-box packaging also offers hygienic transportation and storage of various foods and drinks. It restricted restricts the contact of air and product. This type of packaging also extends the shelf life of various foods and drinks.
Global bag-in-box packaging machine market is projected to register a substantial CAGR of 6.7% in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
Segmentation: Global Bag-In-Box Packaging Machine Market
Global bag-in-box packaging machine market is segmented into six notable segments which are machine type, automation type, packaging material, output capacity, filling technology and end user.
- On the basis of machine type, the market is segmented into integrated and standalone.
- In June 2019, Smurfit Kappa launched a new standup pouch for the packaging of olive oil. The design of this pouch would allow for the custom labels that are to be added within the free spaces for providing an eye catching design of the product and expand the brand recognition. This launch strengthens the product portfolio of the company.
- On the basis of automation type, the market is segmented into automatic, semi-automatic and manual.
- In May 2019, Gossamer Structures (Pty) Ltd exhibited their products at the GrainSA NAMPO Harvest Day 2019 from 14th May to 17th May. This would help the company to enhance their customer base.
- On the basis of packaging material, the market is segmented into plastics, metals, paper and paperboard and others.
- In April 2019, DS Smith modified their Bag-in-Box offering for the beverage application with an improved bag fitment for the juice and post-mix syrup applications. This system provides connection of the juice or post-mix syrup bag-in-box to the commercial fountain dispensing machine, controlled mixes of the beverages and guarantees precise. The improved versions of the PCSS fitment consists of two extended side-tabs which offer a robust connection when the system is paired with the Rapak’s PCSS+ screw on line side connector.
- On the basis of output capacity, the market is segmented into 10 bags/minute, 11-50 bags/minute, 51-100 bags/minute and above 100 bags/minute.
- In January 2019, Smurfit Kappa launched a new BIB 700 Triple Head system which features high speed and automatic filling machine. This would help in offering higher performance and longer shelf-life Bag-in-Box packaging solutions to the customers.
- On the basis of filling technology, the market is segmented into aseptic and non-aseptic.
- In November 2017, Rapak (a division of DS Smith) introduced EvacuStrip which is a dip-strip technology beverage bag. The bag has 99.60% evacuation assistance device that helps in the proper dispensing of the bag-in-box packaging formats. The bags are puncture resistant and durable that provides higher performance for the highly viscous liquids in the bag-in-box packaging.
- On the basis of end-user, the market is segmented into food and beverages, household products, paints and lubricants, healthcare, personal care and others.
- In February 2017, Bosch modified 20 year-old Bag-in-Box Line for Ulmer Schokoladen. Ulmer Schokoladen offers production of chocolate products for both retail and industrial manufacturing for more than 150 years. The new machine provides high flexibility. The manufacturer can either fill the same products in two different bags simultaneously or two different products in the flat bags.
Competitive Analysis: Global Bag-In-Box Packaging Machine Market
Some of the major players operating in this market are Liqui-Box, DS Smith, Robert Bosch GmbH, Alfa Laval, Engi-O, Pattyn Group, SACMI, Scholle IPN, Technibag, Franz Haniel & Cie. GmbH, ProXES GmbH, Flexifill Ltd., TORR Industries, ABCO Automation, Inc., IC Filling Systems, Kreuzmayr Maschinenbau GmbH, Gossamer Structures (Pty) Ltd, Triangle Package Machinery Co., Quadrant Equipment, voran Maschinen GmbH, Smurfit Kappa and others.
- In November 2018, IC Filling Systems exhibited their products at the Brau Beviale 2018 for the beer and beverage industry in Nuremberg, Germany from 13th November to 15th November. This helped the company to enhance their customer base by increasing the brand awareness among the customers.
- In June 2015, ProXES GmbH acquired Terlet N.V. (Netherlands). Terlet is engaged in manufacturing and designing high end process components and integrated systems. This strategy would help the company to expand their product portfolio by including the systems and components for the dairy and liquid food processing.
- In March 2014, Alfa Laval launched their latest addition of their unique bag-in-box fillers at the Interpack exhibition in Germany. The electric servo motors help in giving shorter filling cycles in the latest bag-in-box filling system. This would help the company to expand their bag-in-box packaging equipment portfolio.
Research Methodology: Global Bag-In-Box Packaging Machine Market
Key Opinion Leaders (KOL’s): Manufacturers, Researchers, Distributors and Industrial Professionals.
Industry Participants: CEO’s, V.P.’s, Marketing/Product Managers, Market Intelligence Managers and National Sales Managers.