Global Bariatric Surgery Devices Market, By Type (Minimally Invasive Surgical Devices, Stapling Devices, Energy/Vessel Sealing Devices, Suturing Devices, Accessories, Non-Invasive Surgical Devices), By Procedure (Sleeve Gastrectomy, Gastric Bypass, Revision Bariatric Surgery, Non-Invasive Bariatric Surgery, Adjustable Gastric Banding, Mini-Gastric Bypass, Biliopancreatic Diversion with Duodenal Switch), By Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa)– Industry Trends and Forecast to 2025
Market Analysis: Global Bariatric Surgery Devices Market
The Global Bariatric Surgery Devices Market is expected to reach USD 2.42 billion by 2025, from USD 1.51 billion in 2017 growing at a CAGR of 6.08% during the forecast period of 2018 to 2025. The upcoming market report contains data for historic year 2016, the base year of calculation is 2017 and the forecast period is 2018 to 2025.
Market Definition: Global Bariatric Surgery Devices Market
Bariatric surgery is primarily used for the weight-loss processes which mainly include the treatment of comorbid disorder that is associated with morbid obesity which needs bariatric surgery devices. It includes the modification in the gastrointestinal tract by which either the nutrients that are absorbed in the intestinal tract are controlled or the quantity of food that the stomach can intake is controlled.
Bariatric surgery proves its effectiveness over alternate treatment options of obesity associated comorbid conditions and is viable in terms of cost and also helps in faster recovery. Besides this, there are increasing numbers of facilities and promising government rules for bariatric procedures to be shielded by insurance are favoring the bariatric surgery devices market.
Many companies are engaged in providing the bariatric surgical instrument which includes devices such as calipers and gauges, curettes, dissectors and probes, elevators and spreaders, forceps, graspers, gouges, osteotomes, rongeurs, hooks, instrument handles, knives, needle, holders, retractors, hand-held and self-retaining, scissors and suction tubes
Major Market Drivers and Restraints:
- Increasing incidence rate of obesity in adults due to changing lifestyle habits
- Excessive intake of calories
- Increasing preference for minimally invasive procedures
- Government support and increasing awareness about unhealthy food
- Product recalls
Market Segmentation: Global Bariatric Surgery Devices Market
- The global bariatric surgery devices market is segmented based on product type, end user, application, distribution channel and geographical segments.
- Based on type, the market is segmented into minimally invasive surgical devices, and non-invasive surgical devices. The minimally invasive surgical devices are further sub segmented into stapling devices, energy/vessel sealing devices, suturing devices, accessories
- On the basis of procedure, the market is classified into sleeve gastrectomy, gastric bypass, revision bariatric surgery, non-invasive bariatric surgery, adjustable gastric banding, mini-gastric bypass and biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch.
- Based on geography, the market report covers data points for 28 countries across multiple geographies namely North America & South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and, Middle East & Africa. Some of the major countries covered in this report are U.S., Canada, Germany, France, U.K., Netherlands, Switzerland, Turkey, Russia, China, India, South Korea, Japan, Australia, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and, Brazil among others.
Key Developments in the Market:
- In August 2014, Ethicon, LLC., US (Johnson & Johnson’s division) has launched three new endocutter and energy products intended for bariatric procedures such as sleeve gastrectomy and gastric bypass. The company also launched the Echelon Flex GST system and a new 45 cm Enseal G2 Articulating Tissue Sealer it is first purely ultrasonic device with a 7-millimeter (mm) vessel-sealing indication.
- In June 2015, Medtronic plc. has launched new bariatric surgery device with the name GastriSail(TM) gastric positioning system to help promote more consistent sleeve creation. This will make the most common weight loss procedure in U.S. more consistent and efficient.
Competitive Analysis: Global Bariatric Surgery Devices Market
The global bariatric surgery devices market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of bariatric surgery devices market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and South America.
Major Market Competitors/Players: Global Bariatric Surgery Devices Market
Some of the major players operating in the global bariatric surgery devices market are Ethicon (Subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson), Medtronic plc., Intuitive Surgical Inc., Apollo Endosurgery, Reshape Lifesciences, Olympus Corporation of the Americas, Aspire Bariatrics, Spatz Fgia, Cousin Biotech, Allergan Inc., Cousin Biotech, Pare Surgical, Inc., Covidien Plc, Johnson and Johnson, GI Dynamics Inc., TransEnterix Inc., USGI Medical Inc., Semiled Ltd., Cousin Biotech and Mediflex Surgical Procedure among others.
Research Methodology: Global Bariatric Surgery Devices Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, Regulatory Affairs Managers among others
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global bariatric surgery devices market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period.
- Regions/countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report
- The report includes the complete segmentation displayed above across all above mentioned countries
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)