Global Battery Powered Electronic Control Unit Market By ECU Capacity (16-Bit, 32-Bit, 64-Bit), Vehicle Type (Utility Vehicles, PC, CV), Level of Autonomous Driving (Autonomous Vehicles, Conventional Vehicles, Semi-Autonomous Vehicles), Application (ADAS & Safety System, Body Electronics, Powertrain, Infotainment, Others), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Battery Powered Electronic Control Unit Market
Global battery powered electronic control unit market is expected to register a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data from the base year of 2018 and the historic year of 2017. This rise in market value can be attributed to the growing demand in the deployment of infotainment systems as well as increased adoption of luxury vehicles.
Market Definition: Global Battery Powered Electronic Control Unit Market
Electronic control unit also known as electronic control module is an electronic component installed in various automotive vehicles to overlook and monitor the various electrical systems present in the vehicles, this component focuses on providing automation and electrification in vehicles capable of performing the functioning such as providing power, monitoring the optimal performance and others.
Battery-powered electronic control unit is that component which is focused on providing information and monitoring the performance of battery in electric vehicles, while maintaining the optimal temperature of the battery so that it can operate on highest functionality, ensuring safe conditions for the vehicle and driver.
- Rising adoption of electric vehicles globally is expected to positively affect the growth of the market
- Rising preferences in utilization of ADAS systems is expected to boost the growth of the market
- Better convenience & comfort for the driver with the integration of product in vehicles is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Presence of strict regulations regarding the integration and installation of safety systems resulting in greater demand for the product
- Presence of complications and concerns regarding the failure of battery-powered electronic control unit is expected to restrain the growth of the market
- Concerns regarding failure of battery and shortening the life of control units in vehicles by integrating the electronic control unit with the battery is expected to restrain the growth of the market
Segmentation: Global Battery Powered Electronic Control Unit Market
By ECU Capacity
By Vehicle Type
- Utility Vehicles
- Construction & Mining Equipment
- Agricultural Tractor
- Passenger Cars (PC)
- Commercial Vehicles (CV)
- Light Commercial Vehicles (LCV)
- Heavy Commercial Vehicles (HCV)
By Level of Autonomous Driving
- Autonomous Vehicles
- Conventional Vehicles
- Semi-Autonomous Vehicles
- Advanced Driver-Assistance Systems (ADAS) & Safety System
- Body Electronics
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In September 2018, Delphi Technologies announced the availability of various electrified offerings for commercial vehicles, with the innovations offered for power electronics and electrification that are cost-effective and provide innovative benefits to the users. The new offerings will be built at the currently under construction facilities situated in Poland and China. The facility located in Poland will develop DC-DC converters, inverters and control units
- In April 2019, Nidec Corporation announced that they had acquired OMRON Automotive Electronics Co. Ltd. via a stock purchase agreement with OMRON Corporation. This acquisition is a strategic decision designed to improve its product offerings and manufacturing capabilities for the production of electric power steering motors, electric brake motors, electronic control units and other offerings. This strategy comes after observing the trend of the automotive industry adopting electrification
Global battery powered electronic control unit market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of battery powered electronic control unit market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global battery powered electronic control unit market are ARADEX AG; DENSO CORPORATION; Keihin Corporation; Autoliv Inc.; Continental AG; Delphi Technologies; HELLA GmbH & Co. KGaA; Hitachi Automotive Systems, Ltd.; Infineon Technologies AG; Panasonic Corporation; Robert Bosch GmbH; ZF Friedrichshafen AG; Mitsubishi Electric Corporation; Magneti Marelli S.p.A.; SHINDENGEN ELECTRIC MANUFACTURING CO., LTD.; FURUKAWA AUTOMOTIVE SYSTEMS INC.; AVL; STMicroelectronics; Texas Instruments Incorporated; Cummins Inc.; Dell'Orto among others.
Research Methodology: Global Battery Powered Electronic Control Unit Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved