Global Beta-Glucan Market By Application (Food & Beverages, Personal Care, Pharmaceuticals, Animal Feed), Category (Soluble Beta-Glucan, Insoluble Beta-Glucan), Source (Cereal, Seaweed, Yeast, Mushroom), Brand (Oatwell, Promoat, Glucagel, Sanacel, Avenacare, Nutrim, Wellmune, Yestimun), Extraction Method (Beta-Glucan from Cereal, Beta-Glucan from Yeast), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Beta-Glucan Market
Global beta-glucan market is expected to register a substantial CAGR of 7.74% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data from the base year of 2018 and the historic year of 2017. The rise in the market value can be attributed to the increasing usage of the product as an immunity booster medicine in pharmaceutical and nutraceutical industry.
Market Definition: Global Beta-Glucan Market
Beta-glucan is a polysaccharide that present in natural sources like oats, barley, mushrooms and leaves. Beta-glucan's physicochemical functions differ depending on the features of its primary structure, including type of connection, branching degree and molecular weight. Beta-glucan offers different functions in dietary foods including rising immune health and functional ingredients among others.
- Rising awareness about the nutritional value of functional food is one of the primary driver for global beta-glucan market
- Rising demand for yeast specialty products is expected to have a positive impact in the market growth
- Its superior functional profile and the health benefits that it confers in the variety of application areas may boost the growth of the market
- New functional food product launches and growing disposable income is driving the market growth
- Strict regulations regarding its applications are expected to hamper the market growth
- Increasing substitute in the market will hamper the growth of the market in the forecast period
Segmentation: Global Beta-Glucan Market
- Food & Beverages
- Personal care
- Animal feed
- Soluble Beta-Glucan
- Insoluble Beta-Glucan
By Extraction Method
- Beta-Glucan from Cereal
- Beta-Glucan from Yeast
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- New Zealand
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In August 2019, Algatech Ltd., announced that it has licensed the rights to produce Beta-1, 3-glucan production technology by microalgae Euglena gracilis. The company intend to produce purer form of it with their unique techniques and chemical structure. This allowance will now expand the product offering of the company and will support in commercial development
- In September 2017, Kemin has introduced its BetaVia product line. The new product line includes two algae-sourced, GMO-free beta-glucan components for immune assistance. BetaVia complete is a nutrient-dense processed whole-algae fermentation that offers dietary assistance for the good immune system and overall well-being. This launch helped the company to expand its product portfolio in the market
Global beta-glucan market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of beta-glucan market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in global beta-glucan market are Cargill, Incorporated, Biotec Pharmacon ASA, Ceapro Inc., Super Beta Glucan, DSM, Tate & Lyle, Kemin Industries, Inc., Lesaffre, Garuda International, Inc., Merck KGaA, Kerry Group, Ohly, International Flavors & Fragrances Inc., AIT Ingredients, AngelYeast Co., Ltd., British Corner Shop Ltd., Bio Origin Foods and Algatech LTD among others.
Research Methodology: Global Beta-Glucan Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include vendor positioning grid, market time line analysis, market overview and guide, company positioning grid, company market share analysis, standards of measurement, top to bottom analysis and vendor share analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Competitive analysis of key competitors involved in the market
- Complete analysis of market segmentation and which segments are set to flourish in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026
- Market drivers and restraints analysis along with the analysis of the market structure