Global Bio-Absorbable Stent Market By Material (Bioresorbable Polymer-Based Stents, Bioresorbable Metallic Stents, Bioresorbable Natural Material-Based Stents), Product (Coronary Stents, Peripheral Stents, Stent-Related Implants), Application (Coronary Artery Disease, Peripheral Artery Disease), Absorption Rate (Slow-Absorption Stents, Fast-Absorption Stents), End User (Hospitals, Cardiac Centers, Specially Clinics/ Clinics, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Bio-Absorbable Stent Market
Global bio-absorbable stent market is set to witness a substantial CAGR of 9.47% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data of the base year 2018 and historic year 2017. This rise in market value can be attributed to increasing demand for medical implants.
Market Definition: Global Bio-Absorbable Stent Market
Bio-absorbable stent is used in treatment of cardiac abnormalities by expanding vessel to prevent blockage in blood vessels. Additionally, stents are implanted in the esophagus to provide food and beverages easy passage in esophageal cancer and are also implanted in the ureter to inhibit any obstruction in urine flow. Stents are small mesh tubes made from polymers, metals and natural bio-absorbable materials. Varieties of stents for different clinical conditions are available in the market. Increasing number of Coronary Artery Disease and Peripheral Artery Disease is one of major factor contributing growth in the global bio-absorbable stent market.
- Increasing number of Coronary Artery Disease/Peripheral Artery Disease is expected to drive the growth of the market in the forecast period
- Increasing prevalence of geriatric population is expected to enhance the growth of the market
- Increasing technological advancement in bio-absorbable stent is expected to increase the market growth
- Global rise in acceptance of medical implants acts as a market driver
- Availability of other alternatives is expected to restrain the market growth
- Stringent regulation is expected is another factor restricting the market growth
- Bio-absorbable stent are costly which is expected to restrain the market growth
Segmentation: Global Bio-Absorbable Stent Market
- Bioresorbable Polymer-Based Stents
- Poly-L-Lactic Acid (PLLA)
- Poly (D, L-Lactide/Glycolide) Copolymer (PDLA)
- Polyglycolic Acid (PGA)
- Bioresorbable Metallic Stents
- Iron Bioabsorbable Stents
- Magnesium Bioabsorbable Stents
- Bioresorbable Natural Material -Based Stents
- Coronary Stents
- Drug-eluting Stents (DES)
- Bare-metal Coronary Stents
- Bioabsorbable Stents
- Peripheral Stents
- Iliac Stents
- Femoral-popliteal Stents
- Renal & Related Stents
- Carotid Stents
- Stent-related Implants
- Synthetic Grafts
- Vena Cava Filters
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Peripheral Artery Disease
By Absorption Rate
- Slow-Absorption Stents
- Fast-Absorption Stents
By End User
- Cardiac Centers
- Specially clinics/ Clinics
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In June 2019, Terumo Corporation has formed partnership with Orchestra BioMed to develop and commercialize sirolimus-eluting balloon in both peripheral and coronary cardiovascular interventions. The major focus of this partnership is to develop The Virtue angioplasty system to provide sustainable and bioabsorbable formulation of sirolimus directly into the artery wall. The partnership will help company to increase its product portfolio in global bio-absorbable stent market
- In October 2015, Boston Scientific Corporation has received FDA Approval for bioresorbable polymer stent - the Synergy - to treat coronary artery disease. The product approval will help company to increase its revenue generation as the product is a first bioabsorbable polymer stent
Global bio-absorbable stent market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of bio-absorbable stent market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in global bio-absorbable stent market are Abbott, REVA Medical, Inc., Elixir Medical Corporation, KYOTO MEDICAL PLANNING Co., Ltd., BIOTRONIK, Amaranth Medical, Inc., Arterial Remodeling Technologies, Meril Life Sciences Pvt. Ltd., Arterius, lepumedical.com, Boston Scientific Corporation, 480 Biomedical, Inc., S3V Vascular Technologies., QualiMed, OrbusNeich, Medtronic, STENTYS SA, Terumo Corporation, MicroPort Scientific Corporation, BD, B. Braun Melsungen AG among others.
Research Methodology: Global Bio-Absorbable Stent Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global bio-absorbable stent market outlook in the developed and emerging markets.
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)