Global Biochar Market By Technology (Pyrolysis, Gasification, Batch Pyrolysis Kiln, Microwave Pyrolysis, Cookstove and Others), Application (Gardening, Agriculture, Household, Electricity Generation), Feedstock (Agriculture Waste, Animal Manure, Forestry Waste, Biomass Plantation), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026;
Market Analysis: Global Biochar Market
Global biochar market is expected to rise to an estimated value of USD 3.92 billion by 2026, registering a healthy CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. Rising consumption of livestock feed and rapidly growing agricultural industry are the major factors for the growth of this market.
Market Definition: Global Biochar Market
Biochar is usually formed when biomass like wood leaves or manure are heated or burned in the presence of oxygen. They are usually formed by a process called pyrolysis and are widely used to improve the quality of the soil and mitigate climate change. Biochar have the ability to convert carbon into stable form and is cleaner than the other form of charcoal. They are widely used in applications like gardening, agriculture, electricity generation etc. Increasing demand of biochar in greenhouse gas remediation is the major factor fuelling the growth of this market.
- · Rising usage of biochar in energy production and greenhouse gas remediation is driving the market growth
- · Increasing consumption of biochar in livestock feed will also propel the market growth
- · Rising awareness about the benefits of biochar among population will also act as a driver for the market
- · Increasing environmental concern among population is another important factor contributing towards the growth of this market
- · High investment cost will hamper the growth of this market
- · Technological barrier in remote area will also restrain the growth of this market
Segmentation: Global Biochar Market
· By Technology
o Batch Pyrolysis Kiln
o Microwave Pyrolysis
· By Application
o Electricity Generation
· By Feedstock
o Agriculture Waste
o Animal Manure
o Forestry Waste
o Biomass Plantation
· By Geography
· North America
· South America
o Rest of South America
o United Kingdom
o Rest of Europe
o South Korea
o Rest of Asia-Pacific
· Middle East and Africa
o South Africa
o Saudi Arabia
o United Arab Emirates
o Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- · In April 2016, ICEM announced the launch of their Interactive GMS Biochar and Soil Mapping Tool. This GMS has the ability to identify the regions which is highly suitable for the production of the biochar. This also have the feature to zoom into the areas for a more deeper view
- · In April 2014, VEGA BIOFUELS, INC announced that they have acquired Biochar Now, LLC so that they can expand their business in United States and in other parts of the country. This acquisition will help the VEGA to produce better quality product strengthening their position in the market place
Global biochar market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of biochar market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global biochar market are Cool Planet, Pacific Biochar Benefit Corporation, Genesis Industries, LLC, CharGrow USA LLC, Black Owl Biochar, Phoenix Energy Group, Airex Énergie Inc., Ambient Energy LLC, Avello Bioenergy, ETIA Group, CharGrow USA LLC, Pyrocal Pty Ltd, Terra Humana Ltd, American BioChar Company, Bioforcetech Corporation, ECOERA Millennium Biochar and Carbon Emission Removal Service, Biochar Now, llc., EkoBalans Fenix, Carbo Culture, GreenBack Pte Ltd and others.
Research Methodology: Global Biochar Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- · Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- · Key market players involved in this industry
- · Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- · Competitive analysis of the key players involved