Global Biosimilar Market By Product Type (MRI, CT, PET, EEG, EMG, MEG, TCD, ICP, Electrodes, Sensors, Gels, Cables), Application (Diagnostics, Therapeutics), Procedure (Invasive, Non-Invasive), Disease (TBI, Stroke, Dementia, Epilepsy), End-Users (Hospitals, Clinics, Diagnostic Centers), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Europe, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends & Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Biosimilar Market
Global biosimilar market is set to witness a healthy CAGR of 27.45% in the forecasted period of 2019-2026. This rise in the market can be attributed to the rising occurrence of treatment of range of chronic disease and their prevention.
Market Definition: Global Biosimilar Market
Biosimilar are used to record electrical action produced by the human brain. They exhibit high molecular complexity and are quite sensitive to changes in manufacturing processes. EEG device comprises the usage of electrodes to track electrical signals in the person’s brain, and to check for abnormalities in acquired brain signals. They are less expensive as compared to the originators biologic agents as they need not to undergo intensive clinical development process.
- Growing incidences of neurological disorders among population is driving the market growth
- Rising demand for EEG devices in hospitals and diagnostics centers is driving market
- Growing incidence of traumatic brain injuries will also act as a major market driver
- Affordable prices of the biosimilar drug is another important factor driving the market
- High price of complex brain monitoring devices will restrain the growth of this market
- Unfavorable reimbursement policies will restrain the market growth
- High manufacturing cost restraints the market growth
Segmentation: Global Biosimilar Market
By Product Type
- MRI scanners
- CT scanners
- PET scanners
- Biosimilar (EEG)
- Electromyography Devices (EMG)
- MEG Devices
- TCD Devices
- Intracranial Pressure Monitors (ICP)
- Atrial Septal Defect (ASD)
- Ventricular Septal Defect (VSD)
- Patent Foramen Ovale (PFO)
- Aortic Valve Stenosis
By End User
- Diagnostic Centers
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In May 2019, STADA Arzneimittel AG came into partnership with Xbrane Biopharma AB for potential development and strategy formulation for their biosimilar, forming commercialization collaborations around Xbrane’s preclinical biosimilar Xcimzane and Xdivane and other biosimilar. This partnership will help them to expand their portfolio and strengthen their position in the market.
- In October 2018, Mundipharma announced its acquisition with Cinfa Biotech, thereby strengthening its position in biosimilar market. They are planning to develop biosimilar which will continue to afford healthcare systems. This acquisition will benefit Mundipharma in strengthening its product portfolio, maximizing profits and expand globally.
Global biosimilar market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares biosimilar market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major market competitors currently working in the global biosimilar market are Sandoz International GmbH, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd., Mylan N.V., Samsung BioLogics., Amgen Inc, Biocon, Celltrion Inc., Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Pfizer Inc, EMD Serono, Inc., Genentech, Inc , WOCKHARDT., Stada Arzneimittel, and others.
Research Methodology: Global Biosimilar Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global biosimilar market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)