Global Biosurfactants Market By Type (Glycolipids, Lipopeptides, Phospholipids and Fatty Acids, Polymeric Biosurfactants, Particulate Biosurfactants), Application (Food Industry, Cosmetics, Healthcare, Textile, Agrochemical, Household Detergents, Personal Care, Others), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Biosurfactants Market
Global biosurfactants market is set to witness a substantial CAGR of 5.75% in the forecast period of 2019- 2026. The report contains data of the base year 2018 and historic year 2017. Availability of cost effective production techniques and growing application of biosurfactants are the factor for the market growth.
Market Definition: Global Biosurfactants Market
Biosurfactants are the biomolecules of the surface that are commonly generated by microorganisms with different applications. They usually have low toxicity, high specificity, and are easy to prepare. In fact, they are hydrophobic and hydrophilic and are capable of reducing surface tension and interface stress at the surface and interface between individual molecules. Lipopeptides, polymeric biosurfactants, particulate biosurfactants, lipopeptides, glycolipids, and phospholipids & fatty acids are some of the common types of biosurfactants.
- Rising demand for green solutions will drive the market growth
- Strict regulations on the usage of synthetic surfactants also acts as a factor contributing towards the growth of this market
- Growth in personal care industry will also accelerate the market growth
- Increasing demand for bio based products acts as a market driver
- High production cost will hinder the market growth
- Low availability of biosurfactants will also hamper the growth of this market
Segmentation: Global Biosurfactants Market
- Trehalose Lipid
- Mannosylerytitol Lipids
- Phospholipids and Fatty Acids
- Polymeric Biosurfactants
- Particulate Biosurfactants
- Food Industry
- Household Detergents
- Personal Care
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In June 2016, Evonik Industries commercialized an industrial-scale method for the manufacture of a yeast-derived biosurfactant using biotechnology. This new biosurfactants will have good cleaning properties and are gentle to the skin. Evonik is currently working to further improve the process of sophorolipid processing to achieve even higher surfactant volumes. This will help the company to solidify them in the market and provide better solutions and services to their customer
- In May 2016, Kemin Industries, Inc announced the launch of their new bio surfactants LYSOFORTE Liquid. This new product fundamentally changes the application process by dosing the bio-surfactant directly into the oil and fat line. They standardizes the natural variation in the energy content of oils and fats and enhances the digestion and absorption of nutrients in feed and makes LYSOFORTE Liquid one of the most cost-effective bio-surfactants on the market. This launch will help the company strengthen their position in lipid nutrition area
Global biosurfactants market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of biosurfactants market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global biosurfactants market are Evonik Industries; URAH Transdermal Pte Ltd.; TensioGreen; Merck KGaA,; Rhamnolipid, Inc.; AGAE Technologies LLC; Aqua-Aid, Inc; Biofuture Ltd; Boruta Zachem SA; Jeneil.; Kemin Industries, Inc.; TeeGene Biotech Ltd; among others.
Research Methodology: Global Biosurfactants Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved