Global Body Composition Analyzers Market By Product Type (Bio Impedance Analyzers, Dual Energy X-Ray Absorptiometry, Skinfold Caliper, Air Displacement Plethysmography, Others), Compartment Model Type (Two-Compartment Model, Three-Compartment Model, Multi-Compartment Models), End User (Health Fitness Club, Hospital & Clinics, Academy, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026;Body composition is basically the ratio of lean muscle mass, water and fat mass which is present in the body. Body composition analyzers are a kind of diagnostic device which is used for the diagnosis of segmental and full body composition. These devices are used to measure minerals, protein, body water and fat content. The devices are also used to analyze various body parameters like fat and fat free content, muscle mass, water percentage, lean mass, total body water among others. The body composition analyzers also enable to track any changes that occur in the body compositions. This information is valuable for the determination of the health risks.
Recent innovations in this category include segmental analysis (lean body mass of arm, leg and trunk), which help to differentiate between fat and muscle in each limb. For instance, Tanita’s FitScan BC-601F is the perfect tool for monitoring the effectiveness of any fitness or health program.
Global body composition analyzers market is projected to register a healthy CAGR of 11.4% in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
Segmentation: Global Body Composition Analyzers Market
Global body composition analyzers market is segmented into three notable segments which are product type, compartment model type and end user.
- On the basis of product type, the market is segmented into bio impedance analyzers (BIA), skinfold caliper, dual energy x-ray absorptiometry (DEXA), air displacement plethysmography (ADP), others.
- On the basis of compartment model type, the market is segmented into two-compartment model, three-compartment model, multi-compartment model.
- In May 2017, Tanita introduced the ultimate medical-grade scale for residential use which scans and examines 26 body features from body fact, weight, muscle mass, metabolic age, BMI (Body Mass Index) and body water. Tanita’s latest RD-545 scale with its unique technology offers advantage to the body builders, top athletes, and fitness enthusiasts analyse their body.
- On the basis of end-user, the market is segmented into hospitals & clinics, health fitness club, academy, others.
- In November 2017, InBody has launched its first fitness wearable in the brand name of InBodyBAND. This product launch will increase the company’s product portfolio.
Competitive Analysis: Global Body Composition Analyzers Market
Some of the prominent participants operating in this market are COSMED srl, GENERAL ELECTRIC, OMRON Corporation, seca, Tanita, Bodystat, RJL SYSTEMS Inc, Hologic Inc., Maltron International Ltd, InBody CO., Ltd, SELVAS Healthcare, Inc., beurer, LAICA S.p.A, AKERN SRL, ImpediMed Ltd and ImpediMed Inc. and others.
- In September 2017, Bodystat has launched Bodystat 1500 Touch. This device was launched in the UK. This device offers measurements of body composition and hydration. This product launch will increase the company’s product line.
- In February 2013, GE Healthcare has collaborated with Complete Medical Services (USA) to promote the new Lunar Prodigy bone density systems to the primary care USA medical market. This collaboration will help GE Healthcare to generate more revenue from the U.S. market.
Research Methodology: Global Body Composition Analyzers Market
Primary Respondents: Key Opinion Leaders (KOL’s): Manufacturer, Healthcare Professionals, Doctors, Nurses, Medical practitioners. Industry Participants: CEO’s, V.P.’s, Marketing/Product Managers, Market Intelligence Managers and, National Sales Managers.