Global Body Worn Sensors Market By Sensor Types (Pressure Sensors, Motion Sensors, Temperature Sensors, Image Sensors, Position Sensors, Medical Based Sensor, Others), Application (Fitness & Wellness, Infotainment, Healthcare & Medical, Clinical Setting, Industrial & Military), Care Setting (Hospital, Home, Outpatient Clinic, Long-Term Care Facility), Device Placement (Body Wear, Eye Wear, Foot Wear, Wrist Wear, Others), End-User (Manufacturing, Retail, Trade & Transportation, Government & Public Utilities, Healthcare, Media & Entertainment, Banking & Financial Services, Telecommunication, Information Technology, Others), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends & Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Body Worn Sensors Market
Global body worn sensors market is expected to register a healthy CAGR of 45.50% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data from the base year of 2018 and the historic year of 2017. This rise in the market value can be attributed to the rising health awareness, increasing applications and technological advancements.
Market Definition: Global Body Worn Sensors Market
Body worn sensors examines and monitors the various components related to the numerous health problems such as heart rate, body temperature, and pulse rate of infants and elderly patients on regular basis. The sensors are fixed on various wearable devices for the examination of the body temperature and added activities. These body worn sensors offers high security and dependability due to technological advancement and innovation.
- Development and extensive use of software like IoT, machine learning, Cloud based solutions accelerates the growth of this market
- Rising demand for monitoring of patients at home and remote setups
- Rising demand of wearable sensors amongst infants and kids
- Increased use of 4G enabled smartphones, which can be paired with these sensors also drives the growth of this market
- High cost of product restrains the growth of this market
- Concerns related to privacy and misuse of data
Segmentation: Global Body Worn Sensors Market
By Sensor Types
- Pressure Sensors
- Motion Sensors
- Temperature Sensors
- Image Sensors
- Position Sensors
- Medical Based Sensor
- Chemical Sensors
- Optical Sensors
- Stretch Sensors
- Fitness & Wellness
- Healthcare & Medical
- Clinical Setting
- Industrial & Military
By Care Setting
- Outpatient Clinic
- Long-Term Care Facility
By Device Placement
- Body Wear
- Eye Wear
- Foot Wear
- Wrist Wear
- Head Wear
By End User
- Trade & Transportation
- Government & Public Utilities
- Media & Entertainment
- Banking & Financial Services
- Information Technology
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In June 2016, GE along with the assistance of Nano-Bio Manufacturing Consortium and the U.S. Air Force Research Laboratory, developed a body worn sensor, which is to be worn on the wrist and in the size of a small band aid. This sensor can be used to track the heart rate, the level of BP, blood oxygen combination, water hydration level, with the detection of EKG capability. With this data, one could track the potential patients’ problems, calling for an immediate action. With such advancements in medical devices, it assists in the early detection of diseases.
- In October 2014, Intel-GE Care Innovations entered into a collaborative partnership with Kinesis Health Technologies, a leading company in manufacture and sale of medical devices, in order to develop, promote and supply QTUG, a body worn sensor used to assess the risk of falling. This device would aid the older age people by identifying the risk of falling down, providing an advanced method to doctors and physicians in identifying the fall possibility, and taking the requisite step to reduce such risk. QTUG identifies through its wireless sensory device the risk and displays it through a Bluetooth connected device any possibility of falling by using machine learning, artificial intelligence and signal processing. Thus, with this body worn senor, old age people are protected from the risks associated with falling.
Competitive Analysis: Global Body Worn Sensors Market
Global body worn sensors market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of body worn sensors market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Body Worn Sensors Market
Few of the major market competitors currently working in the global body worn sensors market are Siemens Healthcare GmbH, GENERAL ELECTRIC, Sensirion AG Switzerland, Heimann Sensor GmbH, Dexter Research Center, MC10, Shimmer, Carre Technologies inc (Hexoskin), Isansys Ltd., Maxim Integrated, MBIENTLAB INC, adidas AG, Analog Devices, Inc., TDK Corporation, ZOLL Medical Corporation amongst others.
Research Methodology: Global Body Worn Sensors Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global body worn sensors market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)